The Tale of Steve Downie....

mikedifr

Jul 5, 2004
NJ
For what, exactly? I can think of the several bad decisions the kid has made and all the talk about being a Bobby Clarke clone and playing with more determination than anyone out on the ice was hogwash up to this point.

I really wanted to believe in the kid like most of us here, but he was a joke on and off the ice. I hope that changes for him and he gets it together, but frankly the kid is nothing more than a liability -- a stick of dynamite ready to explode at any time, but in the wrong place and the wrong time.

Hence my point in another thread.....People take all the discussion about Steve Downie too seriously.....We are just having fun, geez.

bodangleroo28

Jul 24, 2005
Does anyone know if theres any videos of either upshalls hit or the roughing between downie and cannon??????

rayearth

Oct 10, 2005
Does anyone know if theres any videos of either upshalls hit or the roughing between downie and cannon??????

All I can find is this pic that was on Dropyourgloves.

downiexrichardsmsj2.jpg

chaosof99*

All I can find is this pic that was on Dropyourgloves.

downiexrichardsmsj2.jpg

Someone could make some evil captions for that:
Cannon: "Daddy, Steve is beating on me again."
Ref: "It's okay son, it's okay. I'm here, I'll protect you."

Opus

Boondoggle
Sep 5, 2006
While Steve Downie had a wonderful junior career, he's grossly over-rated at the NHL leve up to date. Sure he hasn't had a decent shot...up and down, up and down...but I personally don't see him being anything more than a great 3rd line player...decent 2nd line player at best. A Jordan Tootoo type player if you will.

And I'm a huge fan of this guy, make no mistake.

After all, my girl and I have a cat named Downie!

Raffl House

Oct 2, 2004
South Philadelphia
While Steve Downie had a wonderful junior career, he's grossly over-rated at the NHL leve up to date. Sure he hasn't had a decent shot...up and down, up and down...but I personally don't see him being anything more than a great 3rd line player...decent 2nd line player at best. A Jordan Tootoo type player if you will.

And I'm a huge fan of this guy, make no mistake.

After all, my girl and I have a cat named Downie!

A non-Flyers fan may be seriously pondering your sense of humor with that name..

peterthegreat21

Feb 15, 2005
Aurora, CO
I'm sorry Storm, but I've seen him play and he's not impressive. I've seen players of his ilk before, and I just don't like the amount of hoopla that's given to this guy.

He's an emotional player, but does that make him good?

Steve Downie will see you in your dreams tonight or should I say nightmares...

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Steve Downie was never actually traded from the Flyers. He simply took the last few years to walk, skate, and swim to and from the Virgin Islands. By the way, they're now just known as "The Islands".

markzab

Sep 6, 2005
Philadelphia, PA.
Jeez, I was all over the first couple pages. Memory sucks and I don't even remember writing all those posts. I think I was still married back then, lol.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Steve Downie has never lost a fight, he's simply headbutting the other guys fists.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad