Post-Game Talk: The Stuart Skinner Show

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
Oilers won. I'll jump into the PGT, must be way more positive and happy compared to the last one...

baby-run-omg.gif

41IWpKb.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Ol' Jase

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I'm not convinced!
He has a proven track record of producing good Top 6 numbers in this League. He’d instantly have the 2nd best one timer on our team only to Drai, he’s fast, he’s got hands, he can make plays at speed, he’s got creativity, he’s strong enough not be shoved off the puck. This League is sleeping on this guy at a measly 850K.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I actually think Kassian works, but with Draisaitl, not McDavid. People assumed he was good with McDavid because he played on that line but they forgot Draisaitl was on the line too.

In short snippets when he's been put on the ice with Draisaitl I need he usually ends up getting a good scoring chance.
Kassian worked well with McD because he would make small chip passes to McD in neutral zone at full speed ..Drai needs a sniper on his line and we don't have one.
Both McD and Drai will just have to do the scoring themselves.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
McDavid’s most complete NHL game in his career. Only had one point but contributed to the win on both sides of the ice. Ironically his penalty isn’t one he’d have taken in the past because he wouldn’t have been anywhere near that position.

To be fair, Hellebucyk froze on the shot and gave almost half a net for Turris to shoot at. Not sure why he didn’t even move.

Both reminded me of Peter.

The party pooper at the end:
"Go home." :laugh:

Reactions: Oilhawks and Cloned

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
He has a proven track record of producing good Top 6 numbers in this League. He’d instantly have the 2nd best one timer on our team only to Drai, he’s fast, he’s got hands, he can make plays at speed, he’s got creativity, he’s strong enough not be shoved off the puck. This League is sleeping on this guy at a measly 850K.

If Arizona is willing to give him away for peanuts I would take him. He's better than Turris and probably Perlini too and could take a shift with McDavid or Draisaitl if you really had to you can play him at center in a pinch too. Or if he ever click with like Draisiatl, you would then have the option of maybe trying RNH as a center on the 3rd line if you want to go deeper down the middle.

Hyman McDavid Pulju
Galy Draisaitl Yamamoto
Foegele RNH Kassian

Is a lot more balanced of a lineup if you want to play it that way.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
I can't bring myself to be too hard on insufferable Jets fans because them sweeping the Oilers off the back of their goalie during a pandemic season is unironically a top 3 achievement between both of the franchises they've had, behind Selanne pretending to shoot his glove and Kovalchuk winning the Rocket.
Bahahahahaha this is savage. And I am here for it!

Reactions: Oilhawks

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
And yet teams let him go amazingly quick

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If Arizona is willing to give him away for peanuts I would take him. He's better than Turris and probably Perlini too and could take a shift with McDavid or Draisaitl if you really had to you can play him at center in a pinch too. Or if he ever click with like Draisiatl, you would then have the option of maybe trying RNH as a center on the 3rd line if you want to go deeper down the middle.
I don’t see why they wouldn’t. They literally signed him last minute for barely anything. Their not even pretending to compete this year either. All they want is picks. I bet a 4th or 5th gets it done unless theirs competition.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

He's had a 30 goal year but looks more to top out around 20. Good price point but I think they need a higher end purse scorer. Easy for me to say but not clear how realistic it is. Kessel's been awful this year but that is a higher range type goal scorer that would help this team, imo.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
And yet teams let him go amazingly quick
Leafs wanted him back. Don’t know why Galchenyuk went elsewhere. Me thinks cause he didn’t want to compete for a spot and wanted a spot ensured. Or conpsiracy theory: Yotes are acting as a feeder organization to the Leafs and once Galchenyuk is back up and running after injury they’ll get him back near the deadline anyways.

DegeN9

Apr 24, 2017
Don’t quote me on this but I’ve heard a rumour that Nurse broke his finger near the end of the game… 2-3 weeks. Would be a huge loss.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He's had a 30 goal year but looks more to top out around 20. Good price point but I think they need a higher end purse scorer. Easy for me to say but not clear how realistic it is. Kessel's been awful this year but that is a higher range type goal scorer that would help this team, imo.

Kessel would be a good rental. And good bet he’s the better immediate player. I see Galchenyuk as a guy just needing to find a home, someone who can be had cheap and if he finally puts it all together we could keep as a long term solution.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Don’t quote me on this but I’ve heard a rumour that Nurse broke his finger near the end of the game… 2-3 weeks. Would be a huge loss.
It's just a finger, it's not like he's in a professional booger picking competition. Even though he may act like it sometimes.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
I’ll give the second jets player the benefit of the doubt. If the stick hit under the protector that could have hurt pretty bad. Although the second flail is good lmao.

That first one though lol.
As soon as he sold the call in the first one he skated by Benson with a smile and tapped him on the shin pads. Absolute f***ing gutless joke of a sell job.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Kessel would be a good rental. And good bet he’s the better immediate player. I see Galchenyuk as a guy just needing to find a home, someone who can be had cheap and if he finally puts it all together we could keep as a long term solution.

Galchenyuk seems like another tweener forward to me. More of the smaller, finesse type player with good but not great skills and production. He's been on a lot of teams with lot of good opportunities provided yet never seems to stick. Ideally the Oil would add a sniping forward with some size and ability to play in these types of games like tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad