Post-Game Talk: The Stuart Skinner Show

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Memeamoto's avatar looks familiar.
QCo3KJq.gif

It's the wall with the pads and the huge glove right?

I saw that on his acct a few days ago and thought it was real sus.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Nah we need to stop shaking things up. Despite the 1st line not scoring they had their chances and on paper will always be the best fit.

Foegeles lack of hands is 3rd liner stuff all day long. We’d put him up only to put him right back down as he whiffs a McD pass or gives up a good cycle that McD started.

Foegele and Kass need to continue to work on what they started, getting pucks deep, and being physical and driving nets for depth scoring.

Sick of Line Juggling. Just let layers learn each other. Let player figure out how to be better together. Imagine where DRY line would be right now if they never got broken up since their hot streak.

I mean they don't really juggle the lines much. It's either DRY line or Tippett goes back to his other play of McDavid-Draisaitl together.

I wouldn't mind them actually trying some other players, we play the same 2-3 players with Connor or Leon constantly.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
You'd be surprised.

The Oilers are more popular than you'd think out of North America. A lot of Fins, Swedes, Brits, and Germans are big Oiler fans.

It would not surprise me that they'd start gaining traction in non-traditional markets such as Brazil.
I love when I see that. It must be Oilers 80s dynasty roots?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I mean they don't really juggle the lines much. It's either DRY line or Tippett goes back to his other play of McDavid-Draisaitl together.

I wouldn't mind them actually trying some other players, we play the same 2-3 players with Connor or Leon constantly.
Taking into account the last 3 years its been endless line juggling. Taking into account TMacs time here, even more. I’m sick of it. It’s never worked ONCE. Think of one line besides DRY that was ever juggled together and magically just worked cause of “chemistry”.

Players get good together by learning each others tendencies and working on it. How can these guys gel if never given a chance as Mr. Juggler swaps them around at the first sign of being “average” (his words).

The elite teams in this League seem to have pretty set lines. Up or down games, they stay causer just makes sense. There’s top 6 talent and there’s bottom 6 talent.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Taking into account the last 3 years its been endless line juggling. Taking into account TMacs time here, even more. I’m sick of it. It’s never worked ONCE. Think of one line besides DRY that was ever juggled together and magically just worked cause of “chemistry”.

Players get good together by learning each others tendencies and working on it. How can these guys gel if never given a chance as Mr. Juggler swaps them around at the first sign of being “average” (his words).

The elite teams in this League seem to have pretty set lines. Up or down games, they stay causer just makes sense. There’s top 6 talent and there’s bottom 6 talent.

But then you also get stupid situations like trading for Ryan Strome, and never letting Strome ever play with McDavid in the regular season and then selling on the player for pennies on the dollar. Player goes to the Rangers and has a 60+ point season playing with Panarin.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Stuart Stone Cold Skinner.

man comparing his game tonight looking incredibly poised and calm while making 45 saves, to his game last year where he looked completely shell shocked is quite the transformation. Really happy for him.
He looked like a guy from the stands in that Ottawa game. Nervous as hell. Looks like a different person this year.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
But then you also get stupid situations like trading for Ryan Strome, and never letting Strome ever play with McDavid in the regular season and then selling on the player for pennies on the dollar. Player goes to the Rangers and has a 60+ point season playing with Panarin.
Strome was misidentified as a bottom 6 center. And probably should have been a top 6 winger. If you identify what a player is, you put that player in the spot to succeed. Like how Tipps figured out early that without a doubt Jesse was a top 6 player. He stapled him to McDavid and hes flourishing. On the same note, we never wasted time with Yamo being a 4th line energy guy. Put him with Drai and he started off hot, and looks to be slowly coming around again.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
It should be said that McDavid deserves real props for recognizing he was garbage tonight and getting himself back into the game.

He was a giveaway machine tonight and couldn't muster anything in the o-zone. But he focused on good defensive play and got a bit nasty crushing Schiefele a few times.

That seemed to re-invigorate him as we went on and scored the tying goal.

He'll hate the late penalty, but it's always a good thing to see a Captain leading by example even if he is the uncontested best player in the world.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I am shocked that tipp actually didnt go back to McDrai this game.

Is it possible we are seeing growth from tipp!?
That’s like expecting a growth spurt when you’re in your late 20s and wishing you were two inches taller.

Source: myself

Reactions: OfCorsiDid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad