Post-Game Talk: The Stuart Skinner Show

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Strome was misidentified as a bottom 6 center. And probably should have been a top 6 winger. If you identify what a player is, you put that player in the spot to succeed. Like how Tipps figured out early that without a doubt Jesse was a top 6 player. He stapled him to McDavid and hes flourishing. On the same note, we never wasted time with Yamo being a 4th line energy guy. Put him with Drai and he started off hot, and looks to be slowly coming around again.

I mean how do you know if you never try it, I would give some other players some reps with McDavid. If DRY line sticks fine, but I don't think it's the end of the world if you let Foegele or even Perlini have a few shifts with McDavid.

Maybe they get a goal and they start feeling good about their game and take that back with them into the bottom 6.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
teSvTKI.gif

1jyhB1Y.gif

Cry babies getting bullied and beat up.

Quoting so it can be seen on another page.

I almost dislike the Jets as much as the Flames.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I mean how do you know if you never try it, I would give some other players some reps with McDavid. If DRY line sticks fine, but I don't think it's the end of the world if you let Foegele or even Perlini have a few shifts with McDavid.

Maybe they get a goal and they start feeling good about their game and take that back with them into the bottom 6.
You know if you know the player. First things first is identifying what kind of player you have. Like how many times did we try to make Kassian a Top 6er and it failed over and over and over. Look at how we tried to make Puls a bottom 6 grinder. You either have the requisite skill and talent to be a top 6er or you don’t. Any experimentation would just be precious time wasted where the bottom 6er could be working on his game with his linemates and the top 6er the same.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
You know if you know the player. First things first is identifying what kind of player you have. Like how many times did we try to make Kassian a Top 6er and it failed over and over and over. Look at how we tried to make Puls a bottom 6 grinder. You either have the requisite skill and talent to be a top 6er or you don’t. Any experimentation would just be precious time wasted where the bottom 6er could be working on his game with his linemates and the top 6er the same.

I actually think Kassian works, but with Draisaitl, not McDavid. People assumed he was good with McDavid because he played on that line but they forgot Draisaitl was on the line too.

In short snippets when he's been put on the ice with Draisaitl I need he usually ends up getting a good scoring chance.

Reactions: Duke74

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I actually think Kassian works, but with Draisaitl, not McDavid. People assumed he was good with McDavid because he played on that line but they forgot Draisaitl was on the line too.

In short snippets when he's been put on the ice with Draisaitl I need he usually ends up getting a good scoring chance.
He works at times. But his hands will fail him eventually. I think what Tipps is looking for when he thinks a line “works” is the ability for that line to create and sustain offensive zone possession. Bottom 6 hands can’t do that. Either they lose the puck, miss a pass, or throw a pass in the wrong area cause they don’t think the game on the requisite level.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Would like to see one more sniping winger on this forward group. Someone like a Kyle Connors type (ducks) with those great mitts and wheels with some ability to score at distance. Draisaitl and McDavid are pure goal scorers. Puljujarvi is developing into a solid goal scoring threat. Nugent Hopkins is more of a natural distributor but solid shot who can score 20-25. Hyman is a very good garbage man.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Would like to see one more sniping winger on this forward group. Someone like a Kyle Connors type (ducks) with those great mitts and wheels with some ability to score at distance. Draisaitl and McDavid are pure goal scorers. Puljujarvi is developing into a solid goal scoring threat. Nugent Hopkins is more of a natural distributor but solid shot who can score 20-25. Hyman is a very good garbage man.
Galchenyuk would be the perfect addition to this forward group and would be realistically affordable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad