Post-Game Talk: The Streak Lives - **** f*** the league

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The league hates when they have to decide the outcome of a game on their call. The Anaheim goal in the playoffs was allowed because it tied the game late, so taking it away would seal their fate. We still had opportunity to win. Same with the taken away goal last game. I don t like it but that's the logic

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Letestu saved the PP last year because Eberle couldn't shoot the puck to save his life. So I had no problem with them going into the year like that. But by game 40, when it hasn't worked all year, they have to try something different. That's on the coaching staff.

Totally agree. That's on the coaching staff as is the penalty kill. I could defend, to a certain extent, standing pat IF they were getting good looks & chances but they just weren't going in but, that was not the case.

Everybody is gonna laugh at this but I truly believe part of the problem with the PK at home is the orange jerseys. They're just too easy to see with peripheral vision. I said the same thing to anybody that would listen with MAF & his bright orange pads & gloves in Pittsburgh & as soon as he changed they became serious contenders & went to the finals & then won it the next.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Also, Todd didn't get them back in the game. Brandon Davidson, who wasn't even supposed to play but did last minute got us back into it.

It boggles my mind. Is anything more obvious than Davidson should be starting instead of someone like Benning every game? Davidson was just fantastic. Scoring goals, punching cows, solid hits.

Hey, this not mention much but lmao at Tkachuk injuring himself trying to check the Maroonwall. That was so f***ing funny. Its like he ran into a steel reinforced concrete wall. Thud. Maroon swats him away like he's some annoying fly.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
It boggles my mind. Is anything more obvious than Davidson should be starting instead of someone like Benning every game? Davidson was just fantastic. Scoring goals, punching cows, solid hits.

Hey, this not mention much but lmao at Tkachuk injuring himself trying to check the Maroonwall. That was so ****ing funny. Its like he ran into a steel reinforced concrete wall. Thud. Maroon swats him away like he's some annoying fly.
Davidsons second goal happened right after Tkachuk snowed Talbot with Davidson there, Davidson looked like he was about to go after him but Talbot stopped him. Very next play, Davidson scores his second.

Reactions: nabob

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Exhibit A last night as to why Cammy should be playing over Slepy. Not that Camellari is a whirlwind, but he brings some other things of value to the team. Some saavy plays during the game, and a sublime SO goal.

Slepy had lots of minutes with McDavid and did absolutely nothing, just like he has all year. No skating, no hitting, weaksauce shot when given a chance to use it, and no involvment. Move on from him please.
yeah agree. Honestly, all he does is skate in a straight line and tries low percentage hard shots into the crest.

Cagguila as well. Both meh players who don't bring much of anything. They do try though. I can't fault their work ethic. Neither should be sniffing top 6 minutes in an ideal world.

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
Thought there’d be more talk about McDavid’s 4 minutes+ in OT.
He was incredible, shift after shift at break neck speed.

Thank God for that lottery.

Reactions: nabob

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Thought there’d be more talk about McDavid’s 4 minutes+ in OT.
He was incredible, shift after shift at break neck speed.

Thank God for that lottery.
He is an incredible player. The stamina he has is something else. The fact that he played essentially the entire OT and was still the fastest player out there the entire time is something else. Although I will say you could start to see him making some mistakes with the puck in the latter 1/2 of that OT. He was probably pretty gassed.

McDavid 28:00
Drai 25:30
Strome 22:30
Next closest forward was Caggiula at under 16:30.

I mentioned it last night, but if there is a sign that McLellan doesn't think much of this forward group, last night was probably it.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Any word on Larsson? Also, who else thought that the holding call on JJ was bull shit compared to the rest of the non-calls for the rest of the game

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
He is an incredible player. The stamina he has is something else. The fact that he played essentially the entire OT and was still the fastest player out there the entire time is something else. Although I will say you could start to see him making some mistakes with the puck in the latter 1/2 of that OT. He was probably pretty gassed.

McDavid 28:00
Drai 25:30
Strome 22:30
Next closest forward was Caggiula at under 16:30.

I mentioned it last night, but if there is a sign that McLellan doesn't think much of this forward group, last night was probably it.

I don’t think much of his forward group either. When McDavid and Drai started OT I was thinking “Who the hell will come out after??!!” He got a little sloppy near the end. Tired, I’m sure, but also frustrated.

I wonder if Strome’s ice time was a showcase thing or just merit. Thought he had a decent game and I’m not exactly a fan.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I don’t think much of his forward group either. When McDavid and Drai started OT I was thinking “Who the hell will come out after??!!” He got a little sloppy near the end. Tired, I’m sure, but also frustrated.

I wonder if Strome’s ice time was a showcase thing or just merit. Thought he had a decent game and I’m not exactly a fan.
Strome was great last night imo. Also mentioned last night that it is games like this that make me kind of hate him. He only brings this effort once or twice a month. His compete level is worse than Benoit Pouliot's.

Reactions: Raoul Duke

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

Puljujarvi?

Haha just kidding the answer is always Cagguila.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
I don't think Benning/Davidson is Todd's call.

Seems to me every one of Chia's pet RFA projects is getting a push, now that the playoffs are out and we have to move most of them to clear payroll and stock the system for next summer.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I'd laugh if in the ASG, players initiate a lot of pretend goalie interference.

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
Friedman was on Oilers Now and he confirmed that the challenge was initiated by Toronto but the decision was made by the refs on the ice. Stauffer then played the clip of the ref saying “review from Toronto” and Friedman said that he probably meant “with” and not “from”. Almost seems like the ref was scared to admit that they were the ones making the terrible call and wanted a way out of the backlash. It’s trash.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

He had a pretty good game. Probably played extra simply because Nuge is out and Letestu was HS'd.

HumanCheatCode

Jan 15, 2010
Edmonton
"That said the ref said very clearly that "upon review blah blah the situation room in Toronto has determined it was goaltender interference". If they determine that I don't see how the refs really can go against it, maybe they can but it would be a bit strange."

The ref was very clear in stating it was the war room who made that decision and if it was a yes/no on contact then I get it. Who's decision was it whether or not the goalie was hindered by the contact and did not have the time to recover? That's a subjective call and I'd like to know what experience the war room technician has to make that judgement. I'd rather an on-ice official who likely played some level of competitive hockey to make that decision. If it was made by the war room then the on-ice official made no mention of it.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Having watched the replay of the non-goal in the sober light of day and I hate to say it but I think that the right call was made. McDavid makes contact with Rittich and that contact prevents him from being in a position to make the save. By the book, that's interference.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Having watched the replay of the non-goal in the sober light of day and I hate to say it but I think that the right call was made. McDavid makes contact with Rittich and that contact prevents him from being in a position to make the save. By the book, that's interference.
Uhm....he had time to reset.
Media from all over the league thought it was BS. Talbot, thought it was BS. Fuhr thought it was BS.

It was an awful call and not interference by the book. Him being able to reset before attempting to make the save, means he had time to make the save.

Reactions: Aerrol

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Uhm....he had time to reset.
Media from all over the league thought it was BS. Talbot, thought it was BS. Fuhr thought it was BS.

It was an awful call and not interference by the book. Him being able to reset before attempting to make the save, means he had time to make the save.

If he had time to reset, why wasn't he reset?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad