The Streak is Wrong: 9-1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I just wanna make sure about one thing.

All those people wanting to shake up the line-up: are you guys serious? We won 9 games in a row, now we lose 1 and we should shake it all up? For what?

I say we keep the line-up as is, it's shown results so far. If things continue to suck for a couple of games maybe change something, but it's just 1 loss. 1.

We used to complain about Carbo, back in the day, because he always changed the lines, he never kept players together for more than a couple of games. Can't we just try to bring some stability to the team and make guys build up some chemistry, instead of going all ape**** because we lost one single game?

It's more to give others a chance. Also, some tweaks weren't done because we were winning, now its a good chance to mix it up.

I wouldn't make big changes, in fact I'd even wait another game but if we see Semin isn't doing well next game I would consider either swapping him and Weise.

I'd also look at maybe plugging in one of the young D to keep them in game shape and see what they are capable of.

Big changes are out of the question though. Small adjustments like swapping a winger or a D while keeping the majority intact is the most I'd do.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
panic-button.jpg

Nynja*

We cant send Byron down though, to my understanding. Since he was claimed on waivers, if we put him on waivers, the Flames get him back?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I like the idea of giving ice time to some of the players who are on the sidelines. Since Byron needs to see game time, don't see the need to call up someone from the minors right now. Also, nothing drastic needs to happen on account of yesterday's outcome. As others have pointed out, opponents have adjusted, time for the Habs' coaching staff to do the same.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
We cant send Byron down though, to my understanding. Since he was claimed on waivers, if we put him on waivers, the Flames get him back?

correct

Price... but seriously, I didn't think about the 23 man roster rule.

well you wouldn't be the first person at HF that posted about something without thinking about it first. :sarcasm: One thing they could look to do at some point is send Tinordi down on a conditioning stint. He would have to agree to it but wouldn't need to worry about waivers. It's just 2 weeks but it's one way they could get around the issue and it would give him some ice time, unless of course they give him a look in the next few games.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
What I want to see for next game is NO CHANGE. Go back to Da Gameplan, playing the first three lines in appropriate order and giving significant defensive duties to the 4th line.

We won 9 games out of 10 that way. And even that loss looked fluky as hell. Pucks were bouncing towards Carey's net.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The losing streak continues at 1. The team hasn't won a game in hours, and it'll only get worse as they probably go winless overnight and through the morning. How can we not make changes?? How can management sit on their hands and watch the team fall apart like this?

#nukeeverythingexceptcockroaches

Carey The Habs

Sep 18, 2015
The losing streak continues at 1. The team hasn't won a game in hours, and it'll only get worse as they probably go winless overnight and through the morning. How can we not make changes?? How can management sit on their hands and watch the team fall apart like this?

Considering that the only move I would make is Byron in for Semin, its's not earth shattering changes. At least he gives a crap. Can only be better

Alex514

May 10, 2015
That streak, fun as it was, spoiled us ;) and/or lifted our expectations to unrealistic levels.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
There's always a period where we suck. Last year it started with that putrid west-coast swing and continued for a week or two. Lots of discontent and cries for change, but in the end they pulled themselves out of the slump -- as they always do -- and finished with 110 points.

There will be a slump this year too. It won't matter, as long as they keep coming back to the system we saw for the first two weeks of the season. If the improved possession and aggressive zone entries we saw for seven games are the real Habs, then we'll finish at or near the top again, and we'll be in even better shape for the playoffs.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site

Personnally, I would nuke the roaches. They are disgusting.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I didn't realize that Ryan Miller had a hand in the the winning streak record as he was part of that team that won 10 straight.

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
just realized they threw that last game to take the pressure off, get back to the plan, and get the target off their backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad