GDT: The Stars at night, are big and bright, clap clap clap clap DAL(5-1-1) @ CGY(2-6-1) 6:30pm MDT

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Ryan-Gosling-Shrug.gif

I see this game as a win. 0 points. Zary looked great. Decently entertaining.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
You know what, I cant be too mad. We played arguably our best game of the season against the strongest team we've faced so far. I'm more upset we couldn't at the very least be this exciting the last 5 games..

For the most part, a solid effort offensively throughout 3 periods, and by the last period I actually thought we were the better team.

Weegar and Zary were the best skaters on the flames by far.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Zary showed why having young guys in the lineup is so important he brought speed and hunger we are missing.

I don't think anyone who watches this team and league expected us to win so in theory this effort is a moral victory but unfortunately we are quickly running out of time to get this season off the ground before it is over.
Lets don't hit the Panic button just yet

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Where would you put Ruzicka LWing
It really depends who's healthy. In a perfect world he's our 4LW, but if we were just to plug him in tonight's lineup, it'd be 3LW w/ Backlund and Coleman.

That said, if we were completely healthy, we're sitting a couple pretty solid players.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
He's struggling with his mental health.

you missed the managing his ice-time part did ya?
Why is that? Calgary is struggling to score goals so put kids that can score on the ice as much as possible and let the 4th liners be muckers and physical players with an Ace taking the draws!

Panic button? This teams already missed the playoffs
Well then might as well start to get rid of Hanifan,Lindholm,Markstrom,Sharangovich, Huberdeau,Coleman and Eat Bread!

We've played 1 good game in the first 10 being tonight, on pace for 40 points on the season, in a league that is very hard to make up points with 3 point games we realistically have 2 maybe 3 weeks to right the ship or statistically the season is shot.
And it was Sutter's fault!

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
If I was the Flames I'd be drafting European players with some experience from the 4th-7th rounds! One thing about Sutter was that he was willing to offload draft choices like his under wear

Sutter was let go because you can't say anything to some p***y athlete's making 5-10 Million per and getting their feelings hurt...its a job do it 100% or look for another line of work,only losers cry like little "girls"!

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Got to love a November moral victory.
good game for the tank
Saw the Flames complete at least six consecutive passes at even strength, a new season high.

Really good : Zary was excellent in his debut. He had a lot to work on entering the AHL and he's got a lot better. Held on to pucks, confident in his hands, went to the net and scored a goal. Actually has a lot of what the Flames are missing, hope he sticks. Weegar was also really good, didn't like how he played that Robertson goal tho. I'd be fine seeing more of that Kadri game, skating well, shooting lots, drawing penalties, threw some hits.

Good : Liked Mangiapane for the most part, getting his nose in there. Had a nice shot for the goal. Didn't get a ton of help from his linemates honestly. Nice to see Ras back, made a big difference in transition. Little rusty on that SHG, but where were his linemates? Sharongovich was getting inside which is good to see. Hanifin despite that one whiff was decent. Markstrom made some great saves, also was beaten from distance twice. 2nd best goalie again.

Meh : Backlund & Coleman were alright. Not much of a threat to score. Tanev is a step behind too often this season, I like the player a lot but unless he's willing to re-sign real cheap and real short I'd move on a the deadline.

Not good : Lindholm and Huberdeau. Too stationary, too many lost battles. Need a lot more from these two if the Flames hope to be competitive. They weren't outright bad but still.

Bad : Hunt mishandled the puck at least once every time he was on the ice. Not a top 9 player, no idea why Huska thinks he is. Must be a hell of a practicer. Oesterle turned it over basically every time he touched the puck. Do not like this player. SOFT. 4th line had a rough night, even with sheltered minutes playing C at the NHL level is quite a challenge. Coronato didn't look up to it but also just one game against a deep contending team. Greer was the worst of the bunch.

Just illustrates how much talent this team still needs. Played a great game against a contender that didn't have their best stuff and were still taken care of rather easily.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad