GDT: The Stars at night, are big and bright, clap clap clap clap DAL(5-1-1) @ CGY(2-6-1) 6:30pm MDT

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
groundhogday-Flames.jpg

Razmatazz is back after his time out.
Dube is out. Zary is probably in. Coronato is playing C? Sounds like Zad is good to play tho
Markstrom vs our old buddy Jake Oettinger once again

Flames have lost 5 in a row. Tune in tonight to see if they can stop doing that.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Dallas is the hottest team in the league. We are… not. Oettinger still hasn’t lost in regulation. Markstrom has won once.

We win handily and score 5 goals, because that’s the NHL and it doesn’t make sense.
If the roles were reversed, we'd be saying it's a guaranteed loss for Dallas.

Narrator: The roles were not reversed.

• Haha
Reactions: Tofveve

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I've discovered the secret to watching the Flames this year. Go in expecting the worst and you will never be disappointed and I guarantee you'll sleep better after the game.
Dallas is a good team so I see loss #8 on the horizon.... which from a rebuild point of view is a good thing.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Dallas is the hottest team in the league. We are… not. Oettinger still hasn’t lost in regulation. Markstrom has won once.

We win handily and score 5 goals, because that’s the NHL and it doesn’t make sense.

I'm doubtful with this group of guys. We've had Jekyll and Hyde teams in the past but this team is just Hyde. Probably 4-1 Stars with a Flames PP goal after being force-fed PPs by the refs and a Stars EN goal to seal it at the end.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
groundhogday-Flames.jpg

Razmatazz is back after his time out.
Dube is out. Zary is probably in. Coronato is playing C? Sounds like Zad is good to play tho
Markstrom vs our old buddy Jake Oettinger once again

Flames have lost 5 in a row. Tune in tonight to see if they can stop doing that.

Huska smartly protected Dube's stock claiming he is banged up. He has been shit and his ass has been correctly planted in the press box.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
So the natural center in Zary is playing right wing while the natural right winger in Coronato is playing center

LOL Huska's a special kind of genius; a certified tank commander if there ever was one

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
So the natural center in Zary is playing right wing while the natural right winger in Coronato is playing center

LOL Huska's a special kind of genius; a certified tank commander if there ever was one
I listened Pat Steiberg's podcast today, Zary had a segment in which he said that he has been successful playing a wing in AHL this season as well. I don't point a gun at Huska yet, he has an awkward job. BUT I have already used 1 bullet at the expense of Conroy- his Toffoli trade was an F rate. What the f*** was he thinking, got fleeced unfathomably.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Also, I liked hypothetical return comparison re Hanifin and Lindholm to Hampsus Lindholm Boston paid (think it was John Moore journey man, plus 1st and 2x 2nd) and what Jets got from LA for Dubois (Iafalo, Kupari, Vilardi and 2nd) and especially pointed out Columbus as a good dance partner . Let's aim for the same or even higher return. No more f*** ups Conroy. Redeem yourself.

Reactions: Tofveve

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Coronato played center last year at Harvard
Yes he did. As history points out, at the nhl, playing a wing remains an easier transition. Maybe planting him back to C but sheltering his minutes is a smart move. He has been coasting past 5 games.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
To me Huska should pick his six most talented offensive guys, put them on top two lines, give them the most minutes and just stick with it.

Huberdeau-Lindholm-Mangiapane
Sharangovich-Kadri-Coronato

Use Backlund-Coleman duo as your matchup guys against other teams top forwards.

Reactions: Tofveve and Kranix

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012

It doesn't matter what position they play. If there's a natural face-off man, sure, let him take the draw, and then just play wherever. Huberdeau is full of shit

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Well . . . Our Flames might not hit 80 pts as a team this season . . . we might not have ourselves a Thirt- heck twenty goal scorer on our squad come April . . . It's likely we won't have anyone stand on his head and amass 50 pts over the course of the year . . . Shit, we might be the most overpaid, underperforming, disjointed, unininteresting and unininspired collection of individuals that have ever donned the Flaming C since day 1 in Cowtown . . . . BUT . . . BUUUT . . . There's a silver lining to this season . . .

it might be a better season than oh the next 6 or 7 ones to come :banana:

So enjoy the ride folks, enjoy the good times. Enjoy when the refs miss an offside on us and then that a goal doesn't get reviewed and called back because there wasn't one to begin with. Enjoy the odd shot on net, the occasional save, the occasional pass-shot-goals by you know who, our remaining "marquee" centre's market value crash, Mr and Mrs mugoo behind our bench, or the times when McDinglberry in Edmonchuck stumbles on the ice (have a good guffaw over it) . . . Cuz next season could be worse than this one. And the next worse than that one and, well, yeah. Silver linings!

Hoping we win, if we do I'll guess 3-2.

Go Flams!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad