Pre-Game Talk: THE STANLEY CUP FINAL | Penguins vs. Predators | Series Tied

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Weather supposed to be really nice this weekend. Perfect for a parade... if... ya know... we bothered to show up for at least one of those games in Nashville.

Not optimistic. But. Really hoping this team can surprise me.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Weather supposed to be really nice this weekend. Perfect for a parade... if... ya know... we bothered to show up for at least one of those games in Nashville.

I was hoping they'd win the cup on home ice. Now I just want them to win it anywhere anyhow.

What I will say about this team is just when you think they're going to crumble ( After game 5 Tampa, game 6 Washington), they have their biggest game. It wouldn't shock me if they came out like a house on fire and walloped the Preds tomorrow.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
My main takeaway is that we did enough good for me to feel like we have a plenty good chance to win. The Preds are good, we could absolutely lose. But I'm still thinking we pull it off.
This team doesn't stop surprise me, so I'm totally optimistic that we can win 2 of the next 3 games. It will be easy? Those are the hardest games of the year, so no it won't be easy.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Can't count the Pens out no matter what. You guys have been outplayed in this series but the past two years have showed that this is a team that doesn't quit. Massive game coming up and I still think the Pens are favorited to win. But it's almost a must win. Preds are so strong at home and going to Smashville to elimination game will likely be too much.

Still, I think the Pens can do this. I wouldn't mind the Preds winning. Love the fans and the team is easy to cheer for. But there is something very special brewing in Pitt and would be awesome to witness Sid and Malkin making history. If they pull this off, these two will be etched to NHL history in very special way. Will still probably be rooting for the Preds but if this goes game 7, I think I'll have to root for the Pens and the possibility to make history.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm at work during the game, so please win, please please please win. I want to come home to re-watch a win and not raise my blood pressure watching a loss at home to those ass clown Predators.

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
I think still, we have many things on our side:
- Its best of 3 and we have home advantage
- We win this, its game 7 in Pens, since Nashville seems to be a place that no one is winning.
- If we lose this in an embarassing way, its time to put Fleury back. Fleury can win a game by himself, like we saw against WSH.
- Malkin+Kessel have done NOTHING in two games. Hard to believe they would sleep in game5 as well.
- We played our best game in game4, and finally were able to match the shot totals.

I think we are destined to have a game7.

Bnat66

May 10, 2017
New Jersey
I think still, we have many things on our side:
- Its best of 3 and we have home advantage
- We win this, its game 7 in Pens, since Nashville seems to be a place that no one is winning.
- If we lose this in an embarassing way, its time to put Fleury back. Fleury can win a game by himself, like we saw against WSH.
- Malkin+Kessel have done NOTHING in two games. Hard to believe they would sleep in game5 as well.
- We played our best game in game4, and finally were able to match the shot totals.

I think we are destined to have a game7.
That why I feel if they can't do it, I won't be upset. This is a golden opportunity having home ice this game and most likely returning back home for game 7. If they can't do it, they don't deserve the cup.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008

We are so entitled...

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
That why I feel if they can't do it, I won't be upset. This is a golden opportunity having home ice this game and most likely returning back home for game 7. If they can't do it, they don't deserve the cup.

I very much agree with you.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
Just watched the post practice interview ... Kessel and Malkin confidence is over the roof, this two will go big today.

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013

I'm a little more concerned about the team showing up at either of the two Home games that are left. I'm not counting on them winning the one game that's left in Nashville.

Just watched the post practice interview ... Kessel and Malkin confidence is over the roof, this two will go big today.

It's about time for Kessel to go big.

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
I was hoping they'd win the cup on home ice.

Based on the way we've played in Nashville I'd think it's safe to say we win the Cup on home ice, or not at all. To think we can right the ship and win game 5 is at least a stretch, to think we can just totally turn everything around and win the next two is way too optimistic.

I really want to be positive and somehow, some way I'm gonna find a way to do that before heading down to the game today. Problem is each time I start to swing towards being confident I start thinking about the defense, theirs and, more specifically, ours.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
What the ****ing **** am I reading. Honestly. Go find other hobbys people, sports aren't for you.

There is a chance they get stomped, but there also is a decent chance our stars can carry this team to the finish line in a way that cements itself in NHL history. This is back to back on the line with two generational stars going for their third. If you don't get excited for the possibility of that and you care about hockey enough to post here what the **** are you doing. Seriously.

People angrily *****ing about Wilson on L2 for 2 pages but don't pay any attention to the fact that horny was said to taking a "maintenance day" and Wilson was taking his place. Too busy being literally the most pessimistic people on the Internet to check what the actual situation is.

Quite sad really.

Oh and if you have tickets to the game and you really feel like that. Sell them. Let someone who cares take your seat

Hornqvist and Kessel are right wingers, so he's not just a placeholder on that line. It's just factually incorrect.

I personally have no issue with Wilson-Malkin-Kessel as a line even if I'd like to see Hagelin there for an extended period of time.

bigkam

Jun 13, 2009
I felt like we played better in game 4, but we were still losing too many puck battles. I'd like to see a game where I felt like we competed harder than the other team, and to be honest, it's been since game 7 against Ottawa that I had such a feeling. Gotta play tonight like it's a de facto game 7 for us.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Im going to be at work for this game... no Pittsburgh team has ever won a playoff game I worked through

I have total faith tonight they break this lifetime streak... go pens

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I am going to miss the first couple of periods myself. Damn girlfriend and her celebrate all week. Do you think if I told her to go to dinner and the play herself that she would be mad at me? I think that she would understand and enjoy the alone time.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I am going to miss the first couple of periods myself. Damn girlfriend and her celebrate all week. Do you think if I told her to go to dinner and the play herself that she would be mad at me? I think that she would understand and enjoy the alone time.

5noHKsb.jpg

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

I just don't get how you can watch Archibald's speed and tenacity on the forecheck and Kunitz's complete lack of anything...and then take Archi out.

One thing that's been nice though is that when these young kids get back in to the lineup, they are usually jazzed and have a really good, inspired game. Wilson back with Malkin and Kessel hopefully is the jolt like in the Ottawa series.

Bottom line though, guys have to score on their chances. Someone has to step up. Would be a great time for Kessel to pot one, same with Geno. Haven't gotten much from the bottom 6 either. Would be a great time for Cullen to get one and for a guy like Rowney to step up. Cup winning teams get those big goals at big times from depth guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad