Pre-Game Talk: THE STANLEY CUP FINAL | Penguins vs. Predators | Series Tied

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratosphere

Mar 19, 2010
There isn't a top pairing on defense so you need to stop saying that. One can argue that Hainsey should be used less at ES, but who the hell do you give the minutes to? The ONLY solution I'm in favor of is rolling 7 D, but there are downfalls to that as well.

An extra set of legs wouldn't be a bad thing tonight.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
People angrily *****ing about Wilson on L2 for 2 pages but don't pay any attention to the fact that horny was said to taking a "maintenance day" and Wilson was taking his place. Too busy being literally the most pessimistic people on the Internet to check what the actual situation is.

Quite sad really.

Oh and if you have tickets to the game and you really feel like that. Sell them. Let someone who cares take your seat

Horny-G-Phil is still not a good line. Especially not with horny playing with a broken hand/fingers. Horny is not a speedy puck retrieval guy ala Hagelin/Rust either.

And I bet it's still Wilson-Malkin-Kessel when the puck drops tonight anyway.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
There isn't a top pairing on defense so you need to stop saying that. One can argue that Hainsey should be used less at ES, but who the hell do you give the minutes to? The ONLY solution I'm in favor of is rolling 7 D, but there are downfalls to that as well.

Play him less, as in a lot less, yes I could live with that. That's not what we saw last game though, and him being paired with Dumo does not indicate to me that Sully is planning on cutting his minutes significantly.

Personally, I would drop Hainsey altogether for a game and get Ruh in. Hainsey was BAD last game.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
They also aren't allowed to get breathed on. Let alone sat on.

My BIL was over and we watch the game. First NBA game I've seen in ages. I could not believe whats called and whats not. I have no idea how people watch the NBA. I can watch college basketball in March all day long. NBA championship...absolute garbage for a multitude of seasons.

Could have fooled me.

Watching and seeing are different things. We see things differently. So be it. Respect??? on HF?? Now that is funny.

Yes, yes they are. Ironic that you post that. The reason why you get into so many arguments here is because, for the most part, you go looking for them. No one is allowed to have an anti-Kunitz opinion in your mind. Anytime someone does, out come the dramatics and the backhanded comments. Then you play victim as evidenced by the last line on your post. It's been explained to you over and over and over again why people take issue with Kunitz's game but you maintain this blinders on Kunitz can do no wrong mantra.

That's why people tell you to watch the game, fixate on Kunitz, and try to take an objective standpoint. It would help you understand why people don't like him and don't want him back and certainly why they want a younger player with speed in over him. Does he pot a point here and there, yes. Did he come up huge in Game 7, absolutely. But outside of the 2 good games he had, his body of work this season and in the regular season, is nothing short of laughable and at times dumbfounding considering the replacement value of other depth players we have.

Your arguments were "well Sullivan and others see stuff in him that you don't". That may be true. But Sullivan's comments are "he's a good teammate" and other's comments are "He's played 155 playoff games and has 3 cups". Notice how none of them fixate on his on ice abilities and impact? Notice how it's all objective or programmed remarks about him? Outside of the one big goal he had...there's nothing that suggests he's earned his spot in the line up over anyone. In a situation where we are hemorrhaging speed and transition abilities against a powerful defensive Predators team, all of us here are longing to remove the old, slow guy and put in a young fast guy with energy. That's not an unreasonable viewpoint to take. It's not unreasonable to want. But you come in and make arguments and try to play victim because not everyone here kisses the guy's ass the way you think they should. That is why 90% of what you do here is argue with people over the same argument. It's one of those "if you can't see the other side of the argument, you have no business arguing". If you can't understand why people don't like him, there's no point in arguing with you.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Last year I had this ... I don't know how to describe it ... gut feeling or whatever early in the playoffs. Like, if I closed my eyes, the first image I thought of when I pictured the Cup was Sid raising it. Same thing happened in 2009.

This year I don't get the same gut feeling. Subban holding the Cup is the first image that comes to mind when I close my eyes this time.

Hopefully it's just a sign that I'm going nuts and not foreshadowing how this series is going to go. :laugh:

I had a dream it was Game 7 OT and Subban tried his fancy ass ****, caught an edge and we scored.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Ron Hainsey is the worst thing to happen to this organization since Mario was diagnosed with Hodgkin.

If we lose this series because of Sully's insistence having him as a 1st defensive pairing, this loss is 100% on the coach.

Even if we pull it off, I've lost a ton of respect for our coach.

I hate Hainsey. No doubt about it. But are you really telling me that Ron Hainsey as a D in the SCF is worse than Kansas City OR the good old days of 01-06?

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
I wasn't able to watch most of game 4, what were the lines for the most part in the game? What do you guys expect Sully to use tonight?

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I had a dream it was Game 7 OT and Subban tried his fancy ass ****, caught an edge and we scored.

Unfortunately I had a dream that Hainsey gave the puck straight to Forsberg to tie game 7 with 1 minute to go. In OT, Subban went coast to coast (Anybody old enough to remember Scott Stevens on Wregget in game 5 95?) past Maatta and scored the cup clincher. PK than gets a listerine bottle and mocks Sid. Luckily I than wake up. OR fortunately I have a slightly different dream where Kunitz scores in game 7 ot....followed by JR offering him a 5 year contract at centre ice worth 7 million per.

stratosphere

Mar 19, 2010
My BIL was over and we watch the game. First NBA game I've seen in ages. I could not believe whats called and whats not. I have no idea how people watch the NBA. I can watch college basketball in March all day long. NBA championship...absolute garbage for a multitude of seasons.

Yes, yes they are. Ironic that you post that. The reason why you get into so many arguments here is because, for the most part, you go looking for them. No one is allowed to have an anti-Kunitz opinion in your mind. Anytime someone does, out come the dramatics and the backhanded comments. Then you play victim as evidenced by the last line on your post. It's been explained to you over and over and over again why people take issue with Kunitz's game but you maintain this blinders on Kunitz can do no wrong mantra.

That's why people tell you to watch the game, fixate on Kunitz, and try to take an objective standpoint. It would help you understand why people don't like him and don't want him back and certainly why they want a younger player with speed in over him. Does he pot a point here and there, yes. Did he come up huge in Game 7, absolutely. But outside of the 2 good games he had, his body of work this season and in the regular season, is nothing short of laughable and at times dumbfounding considering the replacement value of other depth players we have.

Your arguments were "well Sullivan and others see stuff in him that you don't". That may be true. But Sullivan's comments are "he's a good teammate" and other's comments are "He's played 155 playoff games and has 3 cups". Notice how none of them fixate on his on ice abilities and impact? Notice how it's all objective or programmed remarks about him? Outside of the one big goal he had...there's nothing that suggests he's earned his spot in the line up over anyone. In a situation where we are hemorrhaging speed and transition abilities against a powerful defensive Predators team, all of us here are longing to remove the old, slow guy and put in a young fast guy with energy. That's not an unreasonable viewpoint to take. It's not unreasonable to want. But you come in and make arguments and try to play victim because not everyone here kisses the guy's ass the way you think they should. That is why 90% of what you do here is argue with people over the same argument. It's one of those "if you can't see the other side of the argument, you have no business arguing". If you can't understand why people don't like him, there's no point in arguing with you.

Um, ur kinda losing it here. Give it a rest. You sound like a person that can't. Being wrong is a part of life. Deal with it.

OK, nothing new here, you're back on ignore in 3....2....1....

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Play him less, as in a lot less, yes I could live with that. That's not what we saw last game though, and him being paired with Dumo does not indicate to me that Sully is planning on cutting his minutes significantly.

Personally, I would drop Hainsey altogether for a game and get Ruh in. Hainsey was BAD last game.

Without question, Hainsey has been terrible. Can't deny that. I just hesitate throwing a guy like Ruhwedel in there at this point of the series. Sure, it could help, but that move wouldn't be without risk either. He might come in and help the transition game some. He also could come in and get dusted, because make no mistake about it, he ain't a Lidstrom or someone. He's a 7/8 guy. I'm certainly not against trying it, but I think there's a lot of risk in making that move, especially at this time of the year.

Really, at this point, as painful as it has been to watch, it is what it is. The defense we have is what we have. It ain't gonna get much better. You just hope that they can all find a way to at least play average. Because even average will be an upgrade over what we've seen and could go a long way toward winning another Cup.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Um, ur kinda losing it here. Give it a rest. You sound like a person that can't. Being wrong is a part of life. Deal with it.

OK, nothing new here, you're back on ignore in 3....2....1....

Figures. So rebuttle but please go on and continue to whine about respect and Kunitz on here. :rolleyes:

BeatenLikeRentedMule

Mar 9, 2016
Super Mario Land
I hate Hainsey. No doubt about it. But are you really telling me that Ron Hainsey as a D in the SCF is worse than Kansas City OR the good old days of 01-06?

Nothing was expected from the X-Generation Pens of 01-06. But those teams played with heart and that's all you could ask of them.

When you trade a 2nd round pick for a D-man knowing your superstar defense man is possibly out for the season, you can and should do a lot better than Ron ****ing Hainsey.

What's worse is that the coach thinks this loser is worthy of being a top pairing in the most important game of the season - and could jeopardize a chance for a 2nd consecutive championship.

His play in the closing minute of the 2nd period of Game 4 is embarrassing - more than anything the X-Gen Pens ever displayed.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
How about Ruhwedel in for Hainsey? Can't be worse. How about using 7D and limiting Hainsey's TOI? Couldn't be any worse.

it absolutely can be worse. they made it to a best of 3 for the cup with hainsey on #1 pairing. If you don't see how it could be worse then I guess you've never watched hockey. Cause D men get totally wrecked sometimes and singlehandedly lose games. And i mean that literally. Not in the "hainsey sucks" way. Hainsey may kill position and be exposed a little, but Ruh playing #1 minutes has a big chance of being exposed A LOT

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
I double dare ya Sully!

Guentzel Crosby Hornqvist
Hagelin Malkin Kessel
Wilson Bonino/Rowney Rust
Kunitz Cullen Sheary

Dumoulin Schultz
Cole Daley
Maatta Ruhwedel

Murray
Fleury

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
I don't want broken handed Hornqvist anywhere near Sid right now. Sid and the kids is the right choice in my mind.

zacharoni16

Mar 15, 2013
How many of Nashville's fans are from Nashville? Their arena is basically in a tourist location with a bunch of bars. They have the advantage of having drunk people on vacation rooting for them.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
How many of Nashville's fans are from Nashville? Their arena is basically in a tourist location with a bunch of bars. They have the advantage of having drunk people on vacation rooting for them.

That's why the NHL is confident Vegas will work

BeatenLikeRentedMule

Mar 9, 2016
Super Mario Land
it absolutely can be worse. they made it to a best of 3 for the cup with hainsey on #1 pairing. If you don't see how it could be worse then I guess you've never watched hockey. Cause D men get totally wrecked sometimes and singlehandedly lose games. And i mean that literally. Not in the "hainsey sucks" way. Hainsey may kill position and be exposed a little, but Ruh playing #1 minutes has a big chance of being exposed A LOT

At least Ruhwedel can skate, like skate the puck out of the d-zone. Hainsey can't skate, can't pass, can't do anything.

And I wouldn't be giving either of them #1 minutes if I were coaching this team.

All the whining over Disco Dan (and rightfully so) not giving the team the best chance to succeed at this forum, but right now, neither is Sully.

If we lose this year, hope no excuses that he got us one Cup cause the window for this era is starting to close and no guarantee we make it to the Finals again with this current core.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Figures. So rebuttle but please go on and continue to whine about respect and Kunitz on here. :rolleyes:

My favorite part is the argument that Sully won't sit him therefore his presence in the lineup is automatically justified all of the time, which is so far from the truth hahaha

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
I thought Game 4 was our best 5v5 effort and could've easily gone the other way. Breakouts were still pretty poor but controlled entires and 2nd chances were there. Just didn't bury.

Also, once Sully shortened the bench in the 3rd we really turned it on but, again, just didn't put the puck in the net.

I'm hoping to see Sullivan do the opposite; i.e. give Crosby & Malkin tons of ice early in an effort to get a lead, then lean more heavily on the bottom 6 to defend it.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I think people abuse the term must-win during the playoffs but it really applies tonight. Can't see the Pens taking a game in Nashville.

I think they can win in Nashville if Murray is God like and Rinne turns into a pumpkin. Otherwise your correct. I kept hearing Mark Madden use the term " House Money" for the Pens possibly headed to Nashville with a 3-2 lead. That they have " One game" to play with. I hope to god the team doesn't look at it that way. We've seen what happens in game 7 scenarios. Both good & bad. Because it's a flip of the coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->