Pre-Game Talk: THE STANLEY CUP FINAL | Penguins vs. Predators | Series Tied

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Just watched the post practice interview ... Kessel and Malkin confidence is over the roof, this two will go big today.

I hope these two go out there with Wilson and just knock the snot out of the Preds. Just one big push bag that says "**** you, I'm Pittsburgh!" (hopefully everyone gets that reference from recent current events).

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
I was hoping they'd win the cup on home ice. Now I just want them to win it anywhere anyhow.

What I will say about this team is just when you think they're going to crumble ( After game 5 Tampa, game 6 Washington), they have their biggest game. It wouldn't shock me if they came out like a house on fire and walloped the Preds tomorrow.

I'm not saying it's definitely happening, but I'm way past ever doubting this team's resiliance. Lets give them a chance to see what theyve got tonight.

BeatenLikeRentedMule

Mar 9, 2016
Super Mario Land
Ron Hainsey is the worst thing to happen to this organization since Mario was diagnosed with Hodgkin.

If we lose this series because of Sully's insistence having him as a 1st defensive pairing, this loss is 100% on the coach.

Even if we pull it off, I've lost a ton of respect for our coach.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Ron Hainsey is the worst thing to happen to this organization since Mario was diagnosed with Hodgkin.

If we lose this series because of Sully's insistence having him as a 1st defensive pairing, this loss is 100% on the coach.

Even if we pull it off, I've lost a ton of respect for our coach.

Doesn't Jacques Martin handle the defense and decide who goes out there at a given time?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Sully has been holding that defense together with Duct Tape and a prayer all playoffs. You can quibble with choices, but none of them are anything close to ideal.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Sully has been holding that defense together with Duct Tape and a prayer all playoffs. You can quibble with choices, but none of them are anything close to ideal.

For sure, I have some issues with the lineup. But the fact that he got us this far with the injuries and the fatigue that these players are clearly feeling after back to back Cup runs is amazing.

zacharoni16

Mar 15, 2013
You would think Nashville's "Top 4 defensemen" would be wearing out after Game 4. They eat up a lot of minutes and are out there pretty much the whole game. Wasn't there a stat somewhere that Nashville has been scored on more after Game 3 of every series compared to the first three games

zacharoni16

Mar 15, 2013
For once I'd like to see Crosby have like a 4+ point Final game. Like people look back and say" Crosby went off and owned that game"

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
For once I'd like to see Crosby have like a 4+ point Final game. Like people look back and say" Crosby went off and owned that game"

Oh we can dream....

I know, how nice would it be for him to take over a game like we see so often in the regular season?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
How about Ruhwedel in for Hainsey? Can't be worse. How about using 7D and limiting Hainsey's TOI? Couldn't be any worse.

We tried 7 dmen and it was arguably our worst game of the playoffs. Problem with 7D is, when your forwards start to bonk, your ability to adjust goes right out the window.

Now if we had lines like last year that are pretty much set in stone, that would be one thing...but the revolving door lines makes 7D a terrible coaching decision as we saw. Now granted, it does exactly what we want - limits Hainsey's time on the ice - it's too risk of a venture when you've only scored 2 goals the last 2 games and there's been a lot of line hoping.

Best solution is Rudwedel in over Hainsey but that isn't happening.

zacharoni16

Mar 15, 2013
Oh we can dream....

I know, how nice would it be for him to take over a game like we see so often in the regular season?

Steph Curry, Lebron they have triple doubles...Not comparing basket ball to hockey by any means, but they show up big time in big games

BeatenLikeRentedMule

Mar 9, 2016
Super Mario Land
We tried 7 dmen and it was arguably our worst game of the playoffs. Problem with 7D is, when your forwards start to bonk, your ability to adjust goes right out the window.

Now if we had lines like last year that are pretty much set in stone, that would be one thing...but the revolving door lines makes 7D a terrible coaching decision as we saw. Now granted, it does exactly what we want - limits Hainsey's time on the ice - it's too risk of a venture when you've only scored 2 goals the last 2 games and there's been a lot of line hoping.

Best solution is Rudwedel in over Hainsey but that isn't happening.

I don't feel our offense was the problem Game 4. Guentzel could have easily potted 4 goals himself.

The problem is getting out of our zone and Hainsey is a huge part of that problem since he looks like he's secretly playing for the Preds.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
If we don't win, its for no other reason than we don't want to win bad enough to do whatever it takes--whatever it takes--to get there.

Game 5 is a must win. I think it will happen. :nod:

I appreciate your positivity, but if we don't win, it's not only because they don't "want it bad enough". There are no teams in the SCFs that don't want to win very badly.

If we don't win, it's at least partially because of Sullivan's bad lineup decisions (Wilson L2 instead of Hags/Rust, Hainsey top pairing, Ruh scratched) and subpar bench management.

This coach has not given us the best chance to win tonight. I hope Sid and Geno can step up despite this, and carry this team to the Cup, but they'll have an uphill battle to achieve that.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Oh we can dream....

Sid had his best game of the series in game 3, and could have had a 4 point night with some finished plays. He created a lot, maybe that continues for game 5 and 6.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Steph Curry, Lebron they have triple doubles...Not comparing basket ball to hockey by any means, but they show up big time in big games

Except that you are comparing them. Basketball is a totally different game. First off, Lebron plays like the entire game. Secondly, it's a much less physical game and anytime a player is touched, it's a foul (generally speaking). If Sid got all the penalties calls by the book, he'd have a LOT more room and scoring chances. Thirdly, there just isn't any parity in basketball.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I appreciate your positivity, but if we don't win, it's not only because they don't "want it bad enough". There are no teams in the SCFs that don't want to win very badly.

If we don't win, it's at least partially because of Sullivan's bad lineup decisions (Wilson L2 instead of Hags/Rust, Hainsey top pairing, Ruh scratched) and subpar bench management.

This coach has not given us the best chance to win tonight. I hope Sid and Geno can step up despite this, and carry this team to the Cup, but they'll have an uphill battle to achieve that.

There isn't a top pairing on defense so you need to stop saying that. One can argue that Hainsey should be used less at ES, but who the hell do you give the minutes to? The ONLY solution I'm in favor of is rolling 7 D, but there are downfalls to that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->