Prospect Info: The Song of Brett Ritchie

Primetimey*

You can't move Sceviour off the top line though. He's been dynamite up there.

Don't worry his hot streak will end and will go back to 20 games without a goal and moved off the first line.

beltjones

Dec 4, 2014
www.breakthecipher.com
Benn - Seguin - Hemsky
Cole - Spezza - Ritchie
Rous - Eakin - Garbutt
Horcoff - Fiddler - Sceviour

Those would be the best lines in my opinion. Morin back to Cedar park and Moen as the 13th.

The current lines have been the best of the entire season all over the ice, with scoring coming from every line. Changing them again makes zero sense.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
Yeah not sure you touch these lines until you have to, if they keep scoring you just leave them alone. Ritchie as the net front guy on the 1PP needs to happen though

aloonda*

moen, fiddler, ritchie line is a possession cycling machine--they just pin it down there and keep it there until they can get a chance to throw rubber at the net

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
Love his game. Razor said something that made me chuckle. "Whelp, it looks like Ritchie is ready for the NHL."

Last edited:

Dobber

Jan 7, 2015
He got an extended look with Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin at even-strength and on the power-play. Playing with those guys pretty much gives you instant value, he had a goal, five shots, and a couple of hits. He also logged nearly 20 minutes of ice-time, including 6:45 on the power-play.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
It's early, but he looks like what we all hoped and thought he would look like. His game is a little different but he reminds me of a young Benn with his physicality and skill. The thing I've noticed and appreciated most about his game is that he knows how to use the boards to his advantage and he knows how to cycle the puck.

Stars90

Sep 24, 2013
Toronto
It's early, but he looks like what we all hoped and thought he would look like. His game is a little different but he reminds me of a young Benn with his physicality and skill. The thing I've noticed and appreciated most about his game is that he knows how to use the boards to his advantage and he knows how to cycle the puck.

I've liked his board play as well. Like Benn he's a "space creator" out there. A great example was the Columbus (I think) game where the drew like three calls just from being strong on his skates out there. That's such a huge part of a bigger player's game for me. It's what is going to keep him in the lineup - up or down - ahead of guys like Sceviour or even McKenzie.

I've also really liked his net front game. If they can get that power play sorted out he looks like he could be a big part of it.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
I think the Benn comparison is fair, especially when Jamie first cracked the lineup. Ritchie looks to be a very promising player moving forward.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
Should also mention that I would like to see him play a little bit with Spezza. I'd like Benn and Seguin to eventually play with a pure playmaking right winger.

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I kinda wanna see a massive second like this:

Nichushkin 6'4 205 - Spezza 6'3 220 - Ritchie 6'4 215
Nemeth 6'4 233 - Demers 6'1 195

That possession on that second line would be pretty dope

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
I'd like to see Ritchie with Spezza as well once Nichushkin gets back. I just think Benn Seguin Nichushkin should be the top line for years to come, unless Nuke gets traded of course lol. Somehow, I'd probably like to see if Hemsky or Ritchie could switch over to left wing. Maybe, since Nuke isn't coming back anytime soon, Ritchie can get acclimated and have earned his top 6 role on the team so it wouldn't hurt to experiment with moving him from side to side. I believe he did that a little in the Ahl.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Benn, Nichushkin and Ritchie in the lineup at the same time? I just got a hockey *****. :handclap:

Oh come on. How is that word censored?

KiedisA

Feb 27, 2010
It's insane to have him there in the final minutes.. Just because he's playing with the two, doesn't mean we don't have anybody(EAKIN) better to close games out. '

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
It's insane to have him there in the final minutes.. Just because he's playing with the two, doesn't mean we don't have anybody(EAKIN) better to close games out. '

They iced the puck like 50 times. Short of an injury they didn't have a choice.

KiedisA

Feb 27, 2010
I meant he should had sit the full shift..

HE looks pretty slow overall now that he's on a line where two guys don't go to the corners every shift..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad