Prospect Info: The Song of Brett Ritchie

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
have Ritchie in my keeper league? what is the thinking with this callup? is this just a cup of coffee or could this be a long term thing?

Are you asking 2 or 3 questions old man :sarcasm:

Likely a cup of coffee unless he keeps up his play/Horcoff has the mumps

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
Send him back down. He's clearly shown he's nowhere near ready for the NHL. The ECHL, maybe, but definitely not this level.

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
I really dig the way Sceviour has been playing but a potential top 6 of:
Benn-Seguin-Ritchie
McKenzie-Spezza-Nichushkin
...just sounds so much more fun, immovable, and violent.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Excerpt from Heika:

Horcoff should be back by Saturday's game, and Ruff could have a difficult decision about sending Ritchie back to the AHL.

“He’s made it tough on me,†Ruff said. “We always tell them to make it tough to take you out of the lineup. He’s definitely put himself in position where he has created some pressure on other players.â€

So what is your prediction? Does Ritchie play tomorrow?

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Excerpt from Heika:

Horcoff should be back by Saturday's game, and Ruff could have a difficult decision about sending Ritchie back to the AHL.

“He’s made it tough on me,†Ruff said. “We always tell them to make it tough to take you out of the lineup. He’s definitely put himself in position where he has created some pressure on other players.â€

So what is your prediction? Does Ritchie play tomorrow?

We do play b2b this weekend. Could rest someone tmw and let Ritchie play. Who knows with Ruff though

MetalGodAOD*

Horcoff didn't practice today. I doubt he's ready tomorrow.

haf

Mar 3, 2008
Prediction: Ritchie will play both games this weekend.

I think this is right. the kid showed up. he gets another shot. More than that, Horcoff is a veteran who doesn't need to slog through 82 regular season games and who offers only limited help anyway. Give Horcoff some rehab time and time with his family. The playoffs are when Horcoff is great to have. Get Ritchie in there and let him do it again.

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
(Video) First NHL Goal: Ritchie scores game-winner in Stars victory

brett_ritchie_dallas_123114.jpg
Photo: In his first pro season, Dallas Stars’ rookie forward Brett Ritchie was a part of the AHL Texas Stars’ run to the Calder Cup championship in 2013-14 (courtesy of Andrew Dieb/Icon Sportswire)

Dallas Stars‘ rookie forward Brett Ritchie made the most of his first NHL goal as his marker ended up being the game-winning goal in the Stars’ 6-0 win over the Arizona Coyotes on New Year’s Eve.

With the Stars’ Vernon Fiddler doing some good work along the right wall in the Coyotes’ zone, the puck moved behind the net to Fiddler’s linemate, Travis Moen. Moen spotted Ritchie heading toward the slot in front of Coyotes’ goaltender Devan Dubnyk, and sent a pass in front of the net as he fell to the ice.… read more

The post (Video) First NHL Goal: Ritchie scores game-winner in Stars victory appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Ritchie is an NHL player. I don't want to see any more AHL for him and I'm not going to cynically predict that he gets assigned just because we've accumulated too many veterans. This is the time to be putting the best team on the ice if we're serious about getting back in the picture.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Absolutely. His improvement over the last year alone is really something to see. He was great before, but man... He looks like the power forward/net presence this team has been missing since Morrow declined.

Plus his work on the boards and in the corners is magnificent.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Absolutely. His improvement over the last year alone is really something to see. He was great before, but man... He looks like the power forward/net presence this team has been missing since Morrow declined.

Plus his work on the boards and in the corners is magnificent.
And his hits have led directly to two goals for.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
This should be a very, very easy decision.

He stays. He brings tools that the vets don't have. If he keeps this up, It'll be interesting to see if they move Nuke to the left wing to keep Ritchie on the right. They could trade Hemsky too. Or they could trade Nuke. So many possibilities. Changes are coming.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Other than Seguin I'm not sure there's another guy on this club who scores that goal in tight like that. Filthy hands. Not only deft but fast too. He dragged and shot in one motion.

MetalGodAOD*

Keep him on the 4th for now because it's working and getting some depth scoring. But the minute we hit a rough patch, I want him with Spezza or Seguin.

Love seeing guy who were a bit up and down in their final development year just come up and show they're ready in the NHL. There's something to be said about that motivation pushing a guy who has shown flashes over the top.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Keep him on the 4th for now because it's working and getting some depth scoring. But the minute we hit a rough patch, I want him with Spezza or Seguin.

Love seeing guy who were a bit up and down in their final development year just come up and show they're ready in the NHL. There's something to be said about that motivation pushing a guy who has shown flashes over the top.

He was instrumental in a goal for the top line tonight. Don't think he even got an assist, but his hit just before it led to it.

Primetimey*

Benn - Seguin - Hemsky
Cole - Spezza - Ritchie
Rous - Eakin - Garbutt
Horcoff - Fiddler - Sceviour

Those would be the best lines in my opinion. Morin back to Cedar park and Moen as the 13th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad