Post-Game Talk: The Smitty/Davo Show: Round 2 Bound

Who would you rather face in Round Two?

• Total voters

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Sort of. The thread’s been deleted so I can’t quote it now, but what I basically said was that if the team lost this series, they needed to change up the letters because it was clear no one was listening to McD and co and therefore they were never getting over the hump no matter how well they or he performed as individuals.

Even with the W though, I still wonder wtf is going on in that room. You have a guy playing out of his absolute mind not only offensively but defensively, doing basically the impossible night after night right now, and only about a handful of guys seemed to heed his example. Where is Nuge on a night like this? Where’s the urgency in Nurse’s game? Hell, how does a high compete guy like Hyman get ONE helper and a -1 in six out of seven games? It’s baffling to me.

Something is still not right with this group and the longer guys refuse to buy in, the more you have to look at the things that haven’t changed since 2017. The captains are one of them, the GM is another. We’ve avoided embarrassment with the win, sure, but that doesn’t mean all our problems are magically solved. Whatever the outcome of round 2, we have things to address in the off-season, and there’s less and less evidence that the solution is “in the room”.
I was watching the Oiler game last night, what game were you tuned in to?? Obviously not the NHL Oiler game. Hyman for example was a beast on puck posession quite a few shifts. The entire team was high octane and contributed in the ice time they were given.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'm just curious if/when *the* acronym will show up. :D
The acronym reincarnated and took human form.

1652650490784.jpeg

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Just watch AA the entire time as he enters the frame at 12 seconds.

He looks just like this dog in the disappearing owner trick. "Where the f*** did he go?"

dog-magic.gif

Ahh thanks for reminding me about AA. Spent 2 2nds on this dude and he was a complete dud for us. Bad move by Holland to get him, right move to walk from him at 2.7M. Enjoy the rebuild in LA asshole!

Reactions: PBandJ

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Thats perfectly fine you dont need to put any stock into my player assessments. Trust the gut, boys love smiddy etc, hes a battler, gitterdone etc

Maybe the Oilers win and I'll be flying out to Colorado for conference finals!
Whatever Smith did to you must have been a doozy. Lol.

Reactions: Ol' Jase

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
I think that the level of merchandising for stuff like that was just less common?

I remember wearing oilers shirts as a kid but aside from ball caps I can't recall any adults wearing jerseys.

I'm sure there were but my hunch is if I can't recall any it was probably rare?

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I think that the level of merchandising for stuff like that was just less common?

I remember wearing oilers shirts as a kid but aside from ball caps I can't recall any adults wearing jerseys.

I'm sure there were but my hunch is if I can't recall any it was probably rare?
That’s how I recall it as well. Going to games in the 70’s and early 80’s, there weren’t a lot of people in jerseys. People dressed up more, lots of guys in suits attending with clients, etc.

Reactions: LaGu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad