Post-Game Talk: The Smitty/Davo Show: Round 2 Bound

Who would you rather face in Round Two?

• Total voters

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This team has now shown they have what it takes to fight thru adversity and win a round. I’ll now give them the benefit of the doubt until the series is over. Each game is its own thing, no more wild predictions from me this playoffs. They have shown they can isolate each game so I’ll only comment on the individual games

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
is there footage of the whole handshake line

i want to see my boy kulak shaking my boy danault's hand 😭

Don't think it was on the broadcast, but I do distinctly remember 27 giving a more involved embrace to someone in the line, but I couldn't make out who it was. Would make sense if it was Danault.

Reactions: Kairi Zaide

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Don't think it was on the broadcast, but I do distinctly remember 27 giving a more involved embrace to someone in the line, but I couldn't make out who it was. Would make sense if it was Danault.
Danault was being pretty friendly and talkative with a bunch of our guys. Dudes a class act

How’s everyone feeling this morn? Still AWESOME?!
Fantastic. After a real rough week yesterday with the win on top of other things was one of the best days of my life.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Thats a pretty simpleton analysis. But I mean I kind of did expect it. Let me give you a basic example. Its a 7 game series you cost your team two games now you have 5 games in which you need to win 4. The difficult expanded significantly regardless of how you played in those remaining games. Keith had 1 or 2 chances but struggled mightily to even hit the net yesterday. Bouchard was fantastic offensively.

Regarding Smith he certainly did have 2 shutouts but those were tidy wins without any significant difficulty. As an example I'd say Vasilevsky getting 1 goal by him was much more impressive despite not getting a shutout yesterday as the Leafs were hemmed in the Tampa zone all 3rd period yesterday.

But anyways you made your point. You think Smith is a better goalkeeping option than the other goalies im "drooling" over that didnt get a shutout yesterday.
One player does not cost a game, that is not a solid analysis at all.

Reactions: Ol' Jase

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
This team has now shown they have what it takes to fight thru adversity and win a round. I’ll now give them the benefit of the doubt until the series is over. Each game is its own thing, no more wild predictions from me this playoffs. They have shown they can isolate each game so I’ll only comment on the individual games
That's a very good take.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I’m glad we will see more optimistic Cyclone again :)

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Just watch AA the entire time as he enters the frame at 12 seconds.

He looks just like this dog in the disappearing owner trick. "Where the f*** did he go?"

dog-magic.gif

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Again, these are not terms I would be using if I were in your shoes right now.

I'm going to bottom-line it for you.

The goalie that you have derided as not capable (and please don't say you didn't, because that would just make you look far more silly than you do right now) faced 240 shots in the first round and posted a .938 SV%.

Now, you will pretty much say anything to justify your wildly inaccurate assessment of the player and his ability, including some ridiculous assertion that getting a shutout in an NHL playoff series is somehow easy.

I would point to things like rebound control and positioning with the Kings down low as two things that Mike Smith did on an elite level last night, but those sorts of things don't seem to come into play in your world.

You made claims about players, stated they were factual, and pulled some asinine "'Berta hillbilliy" take on top of it. You were absolutely wrong, and are now trying to pull some smug goalpost moves to justify your takes.

It's not working.
Its-Not-A-Lie-If-You-Believe-It.gif

Reactions: BoldNewLettuce

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad