Slovakia: The Slovak Hockey Transactions and News Thread

Patriks7

Oct 20, 2010
:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

r928138264.jpg

Marián ****ing Gáborík!

That was quite an incredible performance. Was great to see a smile on his face again. The question is, was it a one game thing again like earlier this season against the Islanders and Oilers? Or is he finally back to being himself and will carry the Rangers on his back for the next couple weeks until they get some injuries back?

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Gabby wasn´t the omly Slovak player with a hattrick yesterday as Paľo Demitra got his 2nd hattrick of the season in the KHL yesterday. I think we can oficially call this the hattrick week.

demi-r624_res.jpg

Patriks7

Oct 20, 2010
Gabby wasn´t the omly Slovak player with a hattrick yesterday as Paľo Demitra got his 2nd hattrick of the season in the KHL yesterday. I think we can oficially call this the hattrick week.

demi-r624_res.jpg

Good to hear! Since I don't follow the KHL much, how is Demitra doing there?

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
Today is probably the craziest trade deadline in history of Slovnaft Extraliga.:laugh: It's around 12:00 and already 7 players changed their clubs (ZalešÃ¡k, Vaic, Jabrocký, Uram, Murín, Faith and Czech defender Duben). It looks like play-off will be interesting this season. Al least there are 4 real cup contenders. :handclap:

Slovan Bratislava signed Canadian defender Joe Rullier and HK Poprad signed Canadian forward Kyle Wanvig, American defender Brandon Rogers and forward Gabriel Spilar from Nitra. This is one memorable trade deadline day for Slovnaft Extraliga. A lot of changes for sure.

Last edited:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Today is probably the craziest trade deadline in history of Slovnaft Extraliga.:laugh: It's around 12:00 and already 7 players changed their clubs (ZalešÃ¡k, Vaic, Jabrocký, Uram, Murín, Faith and Czech defender Duben). It looks like play-off will be interesting this season. Al least there are 4 real cup contenders. :handclap:

4 ? :shakehead

With all respect to all teams, i think, HC Kosice level is too high for them... and im not a fan of this club!

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
4 ? :shakehead

With all respect to all teams, i think, HC Kosice level is too high for them... and im not a fan of this club!

Well, we will see. Play-off is different and I think 4 teams has a chance to succeed. Maybe you remember 2009/2010 final games. Slovan was favorite, but Košice played like twister and they surprised Slovan.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
in my eyes was Slovan not the favorite. :shakehead :)

They had dominated the league for the whole year, so yes they were clear favourites prior the series started. I think the reason for Slovan´s downfall was that they were a very young team, unlike them Košice is an experienced team, so I wouldn´t really compare them.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Big Boris Valábik is headed to Boston.

This could be great for him as Boris has said before that Chara is his idol. I really hope Z takes him under his wing and turns him into the player he was projected to be.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Big Boris Valábik is headed to Boston.

This could be great for him as Boris has said before that Chara is his idol. I really hope Z takes him under his wing and turns him into the player he was projected to be.

Big Z can sure do a lot of things, but I fear performing miracles ain´t one of them.

Valábik has already been sent down to Providence anyway.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Just want to see more of this..

610x.jpg

(Without being a defensive liability..)

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Unreal. Un-freaking-real. Typical Rangers. :rant:

Gabby told the Rangers he wasn't feeling well and they let him play.

It didn't help that the Rangers had to play the final two periods without top-line forward Marian Gaborik, who left the game because of a concussion, coach John Tortorella said. The most intriguing part is that Tortorella doesn't believe the injury occurred Sunday.

"It didn't happen this game. I'm not sure when it happened," Tortorella said. "He's been off and on. I don't know when it happened."

Gaborik, who complained to the team in recent days about not feeling well, was unavailable for comment. He had no shots in Friday's 1-0 loss at New Jersey and one Sunday.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Defenseman Andrej Sekera is having a good week. He has four straight multi-point games. He notched 8 points in his last 4 games (7 of which were at even strength!), and was a +5. Andrej set career highs in assists (17) and points (20). All this follows Andrej being a healthy scratch for three straight games.

Lubomir Visnovsky had a career night. He became the first Ducks defenseman to score a hat trick. Lubos scored the GWG in overtime giving the Ducks the win. He had an assist too, matching a career high 4 points in a single game. Now with 51 points, there are some whispers of Visnovsky being a candidate for the Norris trophy as the league's top defenseman.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
No offence, but when is Gaborik feeling well?

Uhm, driving his Ferrari? :sarcasm:

Defenseman Andrej Sekera is having a good week. He has four straight multi-point games. He notched 8 points in his last 4 games (7 of which were at even strength!), and was a +5. Andrej set career highs in assists (17) and points (20). All this follows Andrej being a healthy scratch for three straight games.

Lubomir Visnovsky had a career night. He became the first Ducks defenseman to score a hat trick. Lubos scored the GWG in overtime giving the Ducks the win. He had an assist too, matching a career high 4 points in a single game. Now with 51 points, there are some whispers of Visnovsky being a candidate for the Norris trophy as the league's top defenseman.

You beat me to it. Andrej Sekera does not score 1 point, he only scores 2. Now, beat that, Chuck Norris.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
You beat me to it. Andrej Sekera does not score 1 point, he only scores 2. Now, beat that, Chuck Norris.

Achtung Achtung, please evacuate, Andrej did it again. :handclap::handclap: Has any defenseman or any player for that matter ever had 5 straight 2 point games? :)

It is also worth mentioning that Marian Hossa is on fire. Maros has 6 goals in his last 7 games, (11 pts, +7). Tomas Tatar 6+5/+3 in last 9 games.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Achtung Achtung, please evacuate, Andrej did it again. :handclap::handclap: Has any defenseman or any player for that matter ever had 5 straight 2 point games? :)

It is also worth mentioning that Marian Hossa is on fire. Maros has 6 goals in his last 7 games, (11 pts, +7). Tomas Tatar 6+5/+3 in last 9 games.

Tomáš Záborský with 9 goals in his last 10 SM-liiga games.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Now we just need all these players to miss the playoffs so they can play in the WC.

Last edited:

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Tomáš Záborský with 9 goals in his last 10 SM-liiga games.
And 13 goals in his last 14 games in the regular season. Has been awesome this spring, just like last year. :yo:

Was tied sixth in the league in goals and first among foreign players with 23 in 47 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad