OT: 2019 OT Non-Ski Resort Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Huge Earthquake just hit us in anchorage 7.0 with a 5.8 aftershock.

The earth is still rumbling, the state is in disaster relieve mode. Everything that could fall down did fall down. Luckily no serious damage for us, but our neighbors windows shattered and there is serious road damage, collapsed roads on the highway.

Earth is still rumbling and getting hit constantly by smaller aftershocks.

Brutal.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
So I still don't know what the deal is with the puffer fish at the top by HFBoards?!
Fugu (she loved puffer fish) was the head administrator here for many years and was loved by all. You might not know her because she was diagnosed with breast cancer about 4 years ago and her time here began winding down as she fought for her life. Cancer took her from us on September 19. There's a sticky on the main board about her.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Since the 7.0 there have been I think so far 3 5+ magnitude aftershocks. And on top of that over 150 earthquakes above 2.5 in the past 24 hours.

The ground has literally not stopped shacking since the earthquake. I am surprised they managed to get the power and water on within 12 hours, however I dont have much confidence that itll remain on if we are hit with a 6+ which is forecasted at a 49% chance. This is surreal it almost doesn't feel real...

Usgs is reporting 216 earthquakes in the area. As I type this the ground is slightly shaking.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Since the 7.0 there have been I think so far 3 5+ magnitude aftershocks. And on top of that over 150 earthquakes above 2.5 in the past 24 hours.

The ground has literally not stopped shacking since the earthquake. I am surprised they managed to get the power and water on within 12 hours, however I dont have much confidence that itll remain on if we are hit with a 6+ which is forecasted at a 49% chance. This is surreal it almost doesn't feel real...

Usgs is reporting 216 earthquakes in the area. As I type this the ground is slightly shaking.
Stay safe WTG, good to hear your allright friend :)

Reactions: WTG

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Fugu (she loved puffer fish) was the head administrator here for many years and was loved by all. You might not know her because she was diagnosed with breast cancer about 4 years ago and her time here began winding down as she fought for her life. Cancer took her from us on September 19. There's a sticky on the main board about her.

That's a very touching way to honor her. Very sweet! Thanks for letting me know!

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
There is a prop bet in the poker world right now. Guy bet $100k he could handle a month in total isolation in the dark with no electronics or anything. Some people think he can do it because of the $100k, but there is literally no chance. You all agree, right?

There are some people taking side action on the side of him actually making it. Literally 0% chance IMO, I would take obscene odds to bet against him.

If you believed he could do it, what odds you need to bet in favor of him? Conversely, what terrible odds would you accept against him making it?

Rory Young Reveals Details of $100K Pitch Black Bathroom Prop Bet - PocketFives
Rory Young Reveals Background, Details of $100K Isolation Prop Bet

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast

Wow, cancer is the worst.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
tryamkin is going to ban me for bumping up his prospects thread

my last post shall be

FIRE BENNING

RIP AINEC (HUTTON 16-0)
12/03/2018

Reactions: VanillaCoke

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
tryamkin is going to ban me for bumping up his prospects thread

my last post shall be

FIRE BENNING

RIP AINEC (HUTTON 16-0)
12/03/2018
If I was a mod Id make sure you wouldnt be banned

Maybe that should be the poll. Should Ettedaug ot Reseob be a mod????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad