OT: 2019 OT Non-Ski Resort Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Sounds like I'm going to be taking part in the ceremonial puck drop for one of the WJC pre-tournament games :)
Thats awesome! Thatd be sweet, how come which game??

TJ Hooker

May 25, 2017
Where's the best place to buy tickets for Canucks game? Is there a ticket exchange thread somewhere?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Got back from our family trip to Disneyland on Monday. Very, very busy week - my kids and I had a blast while my poor wife, who doesn't do well with either theme parks or large crowds of people, soldiered through it.

Some pro tips if anyone here ever goes...

- FastPass/MaxPass is a must. Severely cut down on wait times, especially during busier times for the park. You cannot activate it until you are actually in a park (ie - have you ticket scanned for the day). So get in there early and activate it.

- Monday through Thursday, between 8am and 12 noon is the sweet spot. The parks are fairly quiet during these times - we found ourselves able to virtually walk in to whatever ride we desired at this time. The big crowds don't start arriving until after lunch.

- If you can, avoid Friday/Saturdays. The crowds are INSANE, MaxPass wait times are hugely increased, and the wait times for all rides in general is pretty darn substantial - to say nothing of navigating the massive crowds of people.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Good that you didn't go to Disneyland during the summer. I remember going there once during that time a LONG time ago. Hotter than heck with not a lot of shade around ( not sure if it's gotten better as I've not been there for a few decades)

member 290103

Wow, after the Seahawks, hard not to be a fan of the Chargers. What a gutsy call.

member 290103

Good that you didn't go to Disneyland during the summer. I remember going there once during that time a LONG time ago. Hotter than heck with not a lot of shade around ( not sure if it's gotten better as I've not been there for a few decades)

LOL. Yes, Disneyland has "gotten better" over the decades.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
We're sitting here in Chilliwack with our candles, flash lights and marijuana cigarettes waiting for a supposed big juicy wind storm tonight.

Has it started to hit any of you Island dudes or the coast yet?

Reactions: PM

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Yeah, there are plenty of shaded places now - not that we needed it. Count on us to bring flash floods to a state that was in the middle of a drought! (We got emergency alerts to our phone and everything. We got so soaked one day, we’d probably have been drier had we jumped into a pool)

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
We're sitting here in Chilliwack with our candles, flash lights and marijuana cigarettes waiting for a supposed big juicy wind storm tonight.

Has it started to hit any of you Island dudes or the coast yet?
No

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->