From October 2022 to November 13 2023
12 points in 54 games = pace of 18 points per 82 games

From November 14 2023 to January 15 2024
13 points in 27 games = pace of 40 points per 82 games

From January 16 2024 to March 8 2024
16 points in 21 games = pace of 62 points per 82 games

From March 9 2024 to April 16 2024
19 points in 19 games = pace of 82 points per 82 games
This reads like a LafleursGuys post on Caufield’s production over 82games lol jk.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I don't care what you people say. This was the turning point of Slaf's season:

1703336216986-png.789197

"Slaf you don't play like Olympics, you play scared. Like a little girl. When we eat dinner in Slovakia, all the time we talk about you. Talk shit about you "Slaf is not the same, Slaf lost his power blah blah blah" The president sent me here to stop you. Stop shaming Slovakia Slaf, stop being Bambi.

Ok bye Slaf."

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I don't care what you people say. This was the turning point of Slaf's season:

1703336216986-png.789197

"Slaf you don't play like Olympics, you play scared. Like a little girl. When we eat dinner in Slovakia, all the time we talk about you. Talk shit about you "Slaf is not the same, Slaf lost his power blah blah blah" The president sent me here to stop you. Stop shaming Slovakia Slaf, stop being Bambi.

Ok bye Slaf."

Is this true?

:eek3:

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
What's cool about metrics is that they exist and you can revisit them to see that he was, it's kinda like... a written record!

Yeah metrics tend to indicate bad teams play poorly and players on bad teams play poorly, that doesn’t say a ton about any individual player.

Reactions: Rozz

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Previous 1st OA picks in their second seasons as 19 year olds:

- Hischier: 47 pts (17G, 30A) in 69 GP (a pace of 56 pts (20G, 36A) in 82 GP)
- Hughes: 31 pts (11G, 20A) in 56 GP (a pace of 45 pts (16G, 29A) in 82 GP)
- Lafrenière: 31 pts (19G, 12A) in 79 GP (a pace of 32 pts (19G, 13A) in 82 GP)

- Slafkovsky: 50 pts (20G, 30A) in 82 GP

Hischier hit the 50-point mark in his rookie year and was or on pace of a 50+ point season every season until he hit 60+ pts 5 seasons into his career.
Hughes hit the 50-point mark in his third season. His rookie and sophomore seasons, he was on pace for less than 50 pts.
Lafrenière hit the 50-point mark in his 4th season.

Aside from Hischier, who was already a 50+ point (or pace) player, the three 1st OA picks at forward before Slaf was selected, Slaf out-produced in his second season as a 19 year old. And more to his production, he does bring another element to his game that the others don't necessarily, or at the very least didn't in their second seasons.

Jaaanosik

Nov 9, 2014

Hischier hit the 50-point mark in his rookie year and was or on pace of a 50+ point season every season until he hit 60+ pts 5 seasons into his career.
Hughes hit the 50-point mark in his third season. His rookie and sophomore seasons, he was on pace for less than 50 pts.

Aside from Hischier, who was already a 50+ point (or pace) player, the three 1st OA picks at forward before Slaf was selected, Slaf out-produced in his second season as a 19 year old. And more to his production, he does bring another element to his game that the others don't necessarily, or at the very least didn't in their second seasons.
The comparisons show Slaf is not a bust and it is not going to predict his future.
Having said that I would not be surprised at all if Slaf would become PPG player based on the second half of the season performance the next year.
Switching from parabolic growth to hyperbolic growth along the way. :)

• Love
Reactions: Rozz and Pomee

Canadiens98

Jan 29, 2021
If we were to try and extend him this summer, what would that contract look like? Have to think his agent will also be projecting that Slaf could put up 60-70 points next year..

Would he get a similar contract to Cole/Suzuki if we gave him 8 years? If he signed a bridge, could it be similar to what we gave Drouin? 6x6? or 6mil x 5?

Does it make more sense to wait and see how next season goes?

I find it's difficult to predict the range in which that next contract will look like

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Out of curiosity, I looked up the number of active NHL players who had a more productive teenage season than Slaf (P/GP):

-Crosby
-McDavid
-Bedard
-Laine
-Skinner
-MacKinnon
-RNH
-Duchene
-Hischier
-Gagner
-Stamkos
-Svechnikov
-P. Kane
-Matthews
-Seguin
-Keller
-Marner
-Stutzle
-Eichel
-Dahlin
-Tavares
-Hall
-Huberdeau
-Both Tkachuk brothers

Reactions: Pomee

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Out of curiosity, I looked up the number of active NHL players who had a more productive teenage season than Slaf (P/GP):

-Crosby
-McDavid
-Bedard
-Laine
-Skinner
-MacKinnon
-RNH
-Duchene
-Hischier
-Gagner
-Stamkos
-Svechnikov
-P. Kane
-Matthews
-Seguin
-Keller
-Marner
-Stutzle
-Eichel
-Dahlin
-Tavares
-Hall
-Huberdeau
-Both Tkachuk brothers
Good company

Reactions: Pomee and cphabs

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Have Slaf for full season next year. His first half this season was not good. Big help to team.

Plus Dach, who was our best player in camp and first 4 periods of season. Hutson has cemented a spot. He's an electric player.

Makes 3 additions to team which led league with 41 one goal games. Our young defense is maturing. We also suppose to add a top 6 goal scorer this summer.

Things are looking up. Bring on May 8th and draft lottery.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
idk man maybe it's your interpretation of what was being written, that's moping

for a minute there the only comparable we had to the level of play he was bringing was Yakupov, and so it was stated as such.
I know 417 thinks Slaf was literally never bad but that's just not true sadly. When he was bad, he was being called bad pretty fairly.

The other side of that conversation is that some people can't take any criticism on the beautiful, untouchable babies we draft while others like me are much harsher for what I consider to be pretty valid reasons, i'm pretty f***ing tired of suffering through wasted 1st picks and being told that i'm just not patient enough with dogshit players playing like dogshit, i.e: KK

After the all-star break it became a completely different story, the guy did a full 180 and i'm glad he did and i'm on board now, but i'm never gonna buy this revisionist "he showed all the signs" bs
If he was so bad then why did Suzuki want to play with him?

Reactions: Pomee

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
If we were to try and extend him this summer, what would that contract look like? Have to think his agent will also be projecting that Slaf could put up 60-70 points next year..

Would he get a similar contract to Cole/Suzuki if we gave him 8 years? If he signed a bridge, could it be similar to what we gave Drouin? 6x6? or 6mil x 5?

Does it make more sense to wait and see how next season goes?

I find it's difficult to predict the range in which that next contract will look like
6 years isn't a bridge deal. Bridge deals end while the player is still RFA, which in his case I believe would mean a max of 3 years. Also bridge deals are meant to give the sides time to see what the player can really bring to the team, so signing one a year early seems like a weird thing to do.

I think if you want to sign him this summer it would have to be in the range of Caufield/Suzuki.

Reactions: Canadiens98

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
I think the Slaf camp will look to sign an extension this summer but i wouldn't be surprised if the Habs chose to wait until next summer. They did it with Cole when his first season consisted of only 10 games + POs. I think the habs will want to see some consistency in Slaf and if he can at least replicate this season.

The $ isn't the issue because with Suzuki being almost a PPG this season it will be hard for Slaf to ask for more than that. That is unless he completely blows his lid off next season and posts a 90+ point season.

Reactions: cphabs

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
The comparisons show Slaf is not a bust and it is not going to predict his future.
Having said that I would not be surprised at all if Slaf would become PPG player based on the second half of the season performance the next year.
Switching from parabolic growth to hyperbolic growth along the way. :)

• Love
Reactions: Heffyhoof

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad