The sky isn't falling but....(Kadri)

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I am a little surprised at how little he's done so far. I know he's had some posts etc but I thought he would have been more productive thus far in the season.

I had given some thought to it that maybe his linemates were a problem but...he carried Komarov for 2 years. What do you guys think? Too early? A concern?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
He's been meh so far. Needs to be better. Not much chemistry on the bottom 6 right now. They're all doing fine, but not clicking.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
He’s looked fine but he could use some help. Imo Connor brown has looked awful so far this year especially in the offensive zone. Kadri still drives that line but nylanders return would be extremely helpful to the entire lineup.

(It’s also very early)
Hoping with Kapanen's new found offensive confidence he can go to Kadri's wing when Nylander returns.

Lindholm-Kadri-Kapanen or if Johnsson finds his confidence too, go to the line we were mostly thinking in the off season Johnsson-Kadri-Kapanen.

Big Cactus

Gud Pro
Apr 9, 2018
Toronto
Hoping with Kapanen's new found offensive confidence he can go to Kadri's wing when Nylander returns.

Lindholm-Kadri-Kapanen or if Johnsson finds his confidence too, go to the line we were mostly thinking in the off season Johnsson-Kadri-Kapanen.
Exactly. Babcock clearly has decided he’s not using Kadri for top line matchups anymore so why surround him with defensive minded players. Put some offence on his wing and have that line dominate third parings.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Kadri isn't going to suddenly be scoring 30 goals from the third line. He's going to be a contributor but also a situation where you have to keep monitoring whether to pay a third line center $4.5 million when your top two are going to be in the neighborhood of $25 million in the future.

member 147413

Try out London connection.

Kadri - Tavares - Marner
Marleau - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - Lindholm - Kapanen
Leivo - Gauthier - Brown

Load up two lines.

Reactions: francis246

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I think half of the players that have played in games so far haven't scored yet. A handful of the others are over PPG. The currently lesser productive players like Kadri will catch on soon enough. Has added up to a 6-2 record so far. It's still early.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Pars isn't going to make it any easier for him than what he got on the tip pass tonight. Naz just has to bury it.

People trying to bail him out saying he plays with offensive black holes.. what a cop out.

A couple of those posts in previous games go in and people have an entirely different narrative.

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
its too early. And his wingers aren’t really that offensively gifted. He’ll be fine. He’s getting chances. When nylanders back he’ll get even more. I hate threads like this.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I think Lindholm would be a real nice energy 4th line guy but not a fit really to go with Kadri.

Johnsson has been the big missing piece on that 3rd line IMO, given his NHL debut and playoffs, I thought he would have been a real nice player for us this season.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
I honestly, really believe he'd do way better with Ennis - Leivo than Brown/Lindholm.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Exactly. Babcock clearly has decided he’s not using Kadri for top line matchups anymore so why surround him with defensive minded players. Put some offence on his wing and have that line dominate third parings.
I was surprised he wasn't head to head against Sid! Freeing up one Jt or Auston to face some 3rd or 4th liners once in awhile...oh well ,Babs knows best!

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I was surprised he wasn't head to head against Sid! Freeing up one Jt or Auston to face some 3rd or 4th liners once in awhile...oh well ,Babs knows best!

I thought the same thing but I also kind of figured if you're going to do that, it's fine to do it at this time in the season. Let him learn how to go up against the best and come out ahead.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I thought the same thing but I also kind of figured if you're going to do that, it's fine to do it at this time in the season. Let him learn how to go up against the best and come out ahead.
I guess ,but tonites match up is what I would expect to see in Pittsburgh,not here...JT had some looks though and of course Hyman isn't expected to score,so that seemed to work ok! Better than I thought it would ,anyway!

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I guess ,but tonites match up is what I would expect to see in Pittsburgh,not here...JT had some looks though and of course Hyman isn't expected to score,so that seemed to work ok! Better than I thought it would ,anyway!

Yep, but if we face Pittsburgh in the playoffs, Matthews needs to know he can go head to head against guys like Crosby and come out on top. Regular season is free experience, playoffs cost you.

Reactions: HockeyMad68

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
He’s playing hard.

Just an evolution. Players trend up. Players peak. Players trend down.

He will likely benefit the most from Nylander coming back.

Reactions: Pi

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

We have two elite #1 lines, we want them out as much as possible dominating in the O'zone, that is our game plan, every game! we are not trying to win by shutting down the other teams top line, that was last season.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad