The sky isn't falling but....(Kadri)

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Would you be 'baffled' if it were some other center that scored 32 goals twice in a row?

It’s a matter of where he is now. And will be.

If the future will be full of streaks and uncertain role, you are better to realize that and maximize the market value before other teams realize it.

Sell high if you value defensive needs.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
It’s a matter of where he is now. And will be.

If the future will be full of streaks and uncertain role, you are better to realize that and maximize the market value before other teams realize it.

Sell high if you value defensive needs.
My expectations were that he would play the same role he had been,allowing JT and Auston to 'run wild'...but ,whatever,they are stacked at center and are fully aware of the competition,so it is for Babs to sort out !
Last two games though seemed like he was playing road games. I realise Pittsburg is a different animal to deal with,but tonite should of been 'stats night' for the Leafs.

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
Put Kadri beside Matthews and make this a really good 2 line team instead of trying to make this a 3 line team.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
My expectations were that he would play the same role he had been,allowing JT and Auston to 'run wild'...but ,whatever,they are stacked at center and are fully aware of the competition,so it is for Babs to sort out !
Last two games though seemed like he was playing road games. I realise Pittsburg is a different animal to deal with,but tonite should of been 'stats night' for the Leafs.

If he plays the same role then that would mean JT and AM have less time to “run wild.”

Would you limit Crosby and Malkin’s time so that Brassard or Cullen or Guentzel could have a role?

Don’t forget that for half the season, line matching on the road isn’t an easy task.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
If he plays the same role then that would mean JT and AM have less time to “run wild.”

Would you limit Crosby and Malkin’s time so that Brassard or Cullen or Guentzel could have a role?

Don’t forget that for half the season, line matching on the road isn’t an easy task.
As it is ,the minutes aren't that far apart with Kadri gettin about 3 min. less. I would play JT and Auston more as would most coaches,but Kadri did very well the last couple years ! I would try and find a mismatch for JT and/or Auston when possible.
On the road ,just simplifies the decision for Babs regards not having last change.
The last 2 games had me second guessing what he was doing. Neither game was a blow out and they had enough opportunities to win ,but it seemed like he was the one matching instead of forcing the other coaches to worry about it! That may have had more to do with the lacklustre play,but I think Auston vs Schenn would of been my choice instead of using Kadri there.

Reactions: Pookie

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I always thought Kadri's numbers might suffer being pushed down to the third center behind Matthews and Tavares. It's a constant evaluation if that's working.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I always thought Kadri's numbers might suffer being pushed down to the third center behind Matthews and Tavares. It's a constant evaluation if that's working.

Some guys aren't effective with that work load. He's good at stifling other players offense though.

TML11

Feb 11, 2017
anyone remember Marner's drought last year? Kadri will be just fine. He's had plenty of chances, just some bad luck. NO ONE scored in almost 2 games!

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Kadri is like most snipers, if you can call him that, they score in bunches. Naz will go on some ridiculous streak where he scores 15 goals in 20 games and he will be right back where he usually is.

The guy has had a bunch of posts that a half inch to the left or right would have been goals.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Kadri is like most snipers, if you can call him that, they score in bunches. Naz will go on some ridiculous streak where he scores 15 goals in 20 games and he will be right back where he usually is.

The guy has had a bunch of posts that a half inch to the left or right would have been goals.
To quantify this, Kadri's had puck possession of 55%, good for 2nd best on the team behind only Travis Dermott, while having a rock bottom 5v5 on-ice shooting % of 1.99.

To refresh for those who don't understand what 5v5 on-ice shooting% means, it's essentially what the entire team shoots as a whole while said player is on the ice. League average is roughly 7-8%, and one player cannot impact this number alone. Part of it could be explained by low talent linemates, but for the most part it's just really crappy luck. Historically Kadri has had something between 7-8%.

When Kadri had an unlucky year in 2015/2016, his 5v5 shot% was 5.79.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
To quantify this, Kadri's had puck possession of 55%, good for 2nd best on the team behind only Travis Dermott, while having a rock bottom 5v5 on-ice shooting % of 1.99.

To refresh for those who don't understand what 5v5 on-ice shooting% means, it's essentially what the entire team shoots as a whole while said player is on the ice. League average is roughly 7-8%, and one player cannot impact this number alone. Part of it could be explained by low talent linemates, but for the most part it's just really crappy luck. Historically Kadri has had something between 7-8%.

When Kadri had an unlucky year in 2015/2016, his 5v5 shot% was 5.79.

Excellent post IMO. Anyone worried about Kadri needs to just chill, remember what's happened in the past when Kadri has a cold spell, watch him bounce pucks off posts and understand that 9 games is such a small sample size that it's really not even worth talking about.

Last edited:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Excellent post IMO. Anyone worried about Kadri needs to just chill, remember what's happened in the past when Kadri has a cold spell, watch him bounce pucks off posts and understand that 9 games is such a small sample size that it's really not even worth talking about.

Bump. :DD

Reactions: IPS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad