Speculation: The sens will be top 5 in scoring in 2013-14

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Because I prefer to have Stone & Robinson in the lineup at some point next season to replace them. I would expect that Conacher, Condra & Job might return a decent upgrade somewhere else in the lineup. It's really the only concern I have with the lineup, oh, and the defence concerns me a little too.

I jsut think it's way to early to give up on Conacher, especially for someone like Stone. We have a very small sample size of Conacher's play in the NHL, and almost none for Stone.

I don't see what the harm is in giving Conacher a training camp and another season to see what he can do. Any player traded during his rookie year is going to have a hard time adapting.

Im not sure how anyone could say that Stone would be more effective in that role. There are way to many variables

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I jsut think it's way to early to give up on Conacher, especially for someone like Stone. We have a very small sample size of Conacher's play in the NHL, and almost none for Stone.

I don't see what the harm is in giving Conacher a training camp and another season to see what he can do. Any player traded during his rookie year is going to have a hard time adapting.

Im not sure how anyone could say that Stone would be more effective in that role. There are way to many variables
I doubt BM makes any more moves unless he has too because of injuries or the team sucks coming out of the gate. If they have the early success most of us think they will, there likely won't be any changes until BM is forced to do something or at the trade deadline to strengthen the team. Conacher will have plenty of time to show he belongs, but IMO he has to score consistently to stay.

It's also a preference for me, I prefer Robinson & Stone in the lineup over Conacher & Condra, but if one or both of the latter two start lighting it up no moves will be made to change that. It should be interesting to watch next season who plays their way onto the team & who plays their way off the team & who becomes available that we could trade some players/prospects for.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I doubt BM makes any more moves unless he has too because of injuries or the team sucks coming out of the gate. If they have the early success most of us think they will, there likely won't be any changes until BM is forced to do something or at the trade deadline to strengthen the team. Conacher will have plenty of time to show he belongs, but IMO he has to score consistently to stay.

It's also a preference for me, I prefer Robinson & Stone in the lineup over Conacher & Condra, but if one or both of the latter two start lighting it up no moves will be made to change that. It should be interesting to watch next season who plays their way onto the team & who plays their way off the team.

Looks like Robinson has replaced DD as your guy to replace the traded small guys (Conacher, Condra, etc.). I think it's way too early to start putting Robinson in any NHL lineup. Let's see this guy play a year in the AHL before we start doing that.

I agree that Stone could possibly be in the lineup, even as soon as the beginning of the year. But he's not going to replace Condra. If he's replacing anyone, it's someone in the top 6. Conacher being one of those options. Although that's another unlikely scenario. Conacher is not going anywhere any time soon.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Looks like Robinson has replaced DD as your guy to replace the traded small guys (Conacher, Condra, etc.). I think it's way too early to start putting Robinson in any NHL lineup. Let's see this guy play a year in the AHL before we start doing that.

I agree that Stone could possibly be in the lineup, even as soon as the beginning of the year. But he's not going to replace Condra. If he's replacing anyone, it's someone in the top 6. Conacher being one of those options. Although that's another unlikely scenario. Conacher is not going anywhere any time soon.

:laugh: It will all depend on injuries or what kind of a start the Sens have to their season. I don't expect any changes from BM unless he is forced because of an injury or a bad start to decide to make a major change like a trade so early. Conacher will be given every opportunity to succeed I believe & Condra is already a staple on the PK. However, at some point BM/PM will want to see Stone & Robinson in Ottawa, it's just a matter of time given what has been said about both, it's who they could replace that's a mystery.

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
I`m high on Robinson. He`ll play games for Ottawa this upcoming season. I have no idea if he`ll stick, but he left an impression in the rookie development camp, that`s for sure. If a couple big bodies go down, he`ll get a shot.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
With Spezza, Karlsson, Ryan and Turris fully healthy as well as some growth from our younger players, and a potentially healthy Michalek I would expect top 5 for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad