Speculation: The sens will be top 5 in scoring in 2013-14

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Ready for a bold prediction? We are going to be 1st in goals for in the 2013-2014 season. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

Haha. I dunno, just don't understand why you'd bother getting defensive when you're shown that your information is incorrect.

Anyways, looking at Trent's projections, I'm not seeing anything ridiculously optimistic either. Even accounting for any injuries we may run into, we're likely to have a pretty significant offensive boost if the chemistry is there.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Haha. I dunno, just don't understand why you'd bother getting defensive when you're shown that your information is incorrect.

Anyways, looking at Trent's projections, I'm not seeing anything ridiculously optimistic either. Even accounting for any injuries we may run into, we're likely to have a pretty significant offensive boost if the chemistry is there.

I was "defensive." I was defending where I got my information from. Proving I wasn't pulling random info out of my ass. Something that happens far too often on these boards.

I was not aware that the main page included shoot out goals. Now I know.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
1st line
Milan Michalek 30 goals
Jason Spezza 30 goals 1st line = 85
Bobby Ryan 25 goals
2nd line
Clark MacArthur 20 goals
Turris 20 goals 2nd line = 60
Conacher 20 goals
3rd line
Greening 15 goals
Zibby 10 goals 3rd line = 30
Condra .5 goals:sarcasm:
4th line
kassain 0 goals
Smith 10 4th line = 20
neil 10
Forwards = 195 goals

1st pairing
Karlsson 15 goals
methot 5 goals
2nd, 3rd and extra pairings
Phillips 5 goals goals
Cowen 5 goals goals
Wier 10 goals
Corvo 10 goals
Gryda 5 goals
Defense 55 goals

Ottawa senators score 250 goals and finish 6th in the league in scoring behind Boston, Philly, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Tampa and Vancouver
Note these arent my exact estimates for players. Zibby could score 20 and Conacher could score 10 these are more or less estimates per position in the line up. My estimates on defense are meant to make up for offensive numbers being better or worse for certain players.
Edit: You could probably put Montreal in the top 5 and interchange a team or bump Ottawa to 7th

Last edited:

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
1st line
Milan Michalek 30 goals
Jason Spezza 30 goals 1st line = 85
Bobby Ryan 25 goals
2nd line
Clark MacArthur 20 goals
Turris 20 goals 2nd line = 60
Conacher 20 goals
3rd line
Greening 15 goals
Zibby 10 goals 3rd line = 30
Condra .5 goals:sarcasm:
4th line
kassain 0 goals
Smith 10 4th line = 20
neil 10
Forwards = 195 goals

1st pairing
Karlsson 15 goals
methot 5 goals
2nd, 3rd and extra pairings
Phillips 5 goals goals
Cowen 5 goals goals
Wier 10 goals
Corvo 10 goals
Gryda 5 goals
Defense 55 goals

Ottawa senators score 250 goals and finish 6th in the league in scoring behind Boston, Philly, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Tampa and Vancouver
Note these arent my exact estimates for players. Zibby could score 20 and Conacher could score 10 these are more or less estimates per position in the line up. My estimates on defense are meant to make up for offensive numbers being better or worse for certain players.
Edit: You could probably put Montreal in the top 5 and interchange a team or bump Ottawa to 7th

You underestimate almost every single player. We will score more than 250 goals next season. Try 285+

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I think a lot of it hinges on how well the second line develops. If the second line is not scoring teams will key in on the first line more, and our GF will be middle of the pack. If Turris finds some chemistry with his wingers this year I expect the Sens to be top 3 in scoring.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I didn't stutter.

lol well maybe but it just seems alot to ask for . We have so many new players or players coming back from injuries that are expected to contribute offensively not to mention were asking all the players from last year to prime up their scoring touch back to were it was before the lock out.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
If everything goes according to plan, we are a top 10 team offensively and I say we are the team with the most goals scored for in our division.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
I have read that top analytics guys are predicting big things from the Sens, and that includes a high scoring team.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I don't know if the Sens will be a top 5 team in scoring, I'm rather more conservative & will say a top 10 team in scoring. I'm still hoping that BM pulls of another trade sending Conacher, Condra & JOB somewhere to upgrade the top 6. I also think that Stone & maybe Robinson will have an impact on this team at some point next season. Pittsburgh led the NHL last season with 445 pts in 48 games while Ottawa had 310 pts, 27th in the league.

Greening - Spezza - Ryan - I expect at least 150 pts from this line
MacArthur - Turris - Michalek - this line if healthy has potential for at least 100 pts
Conacher - Zibanejad - Condra - if these guys can put up 75 pts, they may not get traded.
Z. Smith - JOB - Neil/Kassian - I expect at least 50 pts from our 4th line.

Last edited:

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I don't know if the Sens will be a top 5 team in scoring, I'm rather more conservative & will say a top 10 team in scoring. I'm still hoping that BM pulls of another trade sending Conacher, Condra & JOB somewhere to upgrade the top 6. I also think that Stone & maybe Robinson will have an impact on this team at some point next season. Pittsburgh led the NHL last season with 445 pts in 48 games while Ottawa had 310 pts, 27th in the league.

F
Greening - Spezza - Ryan - I expect at least 150 pts from this line
MacArthur - Turris - Michalek - this line if healthy has potential for at least 100 pts
Conacher - Zibanejad - Condra - if these guys can put up 75 pts, they may not get traded.
Z. Smith - JOB - Neil/Kassian - I expect at least 50 pts from our 4th line.

Why would Murray trade Conacher? He just traded for the guy and he hasn't even played a full season with the team. GMs generally don't trade away players they gave up good assets for without giving them time to show what they can do, it makes them look bad.

And Condra? Why? He's not there to score points, he's there to lead the PK (which will look different this year to start with minus alfie) and play solid defensive 5 on 5. A team needs those kinds of players to round out the bottom 6.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Why would Murray trade Conacher? He just traded for the guy and he hasn't even played a full season with the team. GMs generally don't trade away players they gave up good assets for without giving them time to show what they can do, it makes them look bad.

And Condra? Why? He's not there to score points, he's there to lead the PK (which will look different this year to start with minus alfie) and play solid defensive 5 on 5. A team needs those kinds of players to round out the bottom 6.
Because I prefer to have Stone & Robinson in the lineup at some point next season to replace them. I would expect that Conacher, Condra & Job might return a decent upgrade somewhere else in the lineup. It's really the only concern I have with the lineup, oh, and the defence concerns me a little too.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Because I prefer to have Stone & Robinson in the lineup at some point next season to replace them. I would expect that Conacher, Condra & Job might return a decent upgrade somewhere else in the lineup. It's really the only concern I have with the lineup, oh, and the defence concerns me a little too.

Condra won't get traded being that he is the most effect player on our pk. Jim o'brien looks like he is staying being that bryan murray has been trying to get rid of him with no luck whatsoever. Conacher is not going to be traded being that we need to see how he does in a full season for us. Jim o'brien and condras value is not high at all, so you really won't get any decent upgrades if you traded them.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad