OT: The Semi-Annual, Taste Optional Music Thread: Post Your Mid-Winter Blues Music

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm truly not lying when I say this was my most played song last week. I mean wow. This is really weird.

I watched Vanilla Sky for the first time in 20 years which includes the song "Heaven" from this album, and they're back to back. But I liked this song more.

Yeah this is probably my favorite off the whole album. Which is really good in general. Side B in particular. "Tops," "Heaven," this song and "Waiting On A Friend" all one after another is just too good. Years ago between rehearsing for sets I'd always put this side on the record player. The drummer and I eventually figured out more or less every song and would irritate the rest of the band in the process which is always fun haha

That is weird that you've been wearing this one out lately, too. Maybe that time of season? Seems vaguely appropriate.

Reactions: tom_servo

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Yeah this is probably my favorite off the whole album. Which is really good in general. Side B in particular. "Tops," "Heaven," this song and "Waiting On A Friend" all one after another is just too good. Years ago between rehearsing for sets I'd always put this side on the record player. The drummer and I eventually figured out more or less every song and would irritate the rest of the band in the process which is always fun haha

That is weird that you've been wearing this one out lately, too. Maybe that time of season? Seems vaguely appropriate.
Yeah until this month I never really gave Tattoo You a fair shake. I suppose it's the last of the real Rolling Stones albums.

I posted them before in here. Happy this band found some exposure. Hadn't heard this track.

Reactions: T1K

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Yeah until this month I never really gave Tattoo You a fair shake. I suppose it's the last of the real Rolling Stones albums.

I posted them before in here. Happy this band found some exposure. Hadn't heard this track.
I just discovered them today. The Spotify algo is so good. This is right up my alley, I love the lo-fi sound. I’m still digging thru the discography, but I’ve liked everything I’ve heard so far.

Bonus points that they’re a Pittsburgh band.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I just discovered them today. The Spotify algo is so good. This is right up my alley, I love the lo-fi sound. I’m still digging thru the discography, but I’ve liked everything I’ve heard so far.

Bonus points that they’re a Pittsburgh band.

I agree about Spotify, it's been worth it.

I actually found the band through a Pitchfork tweet. Pitchfork, sadly, seems to be nearing an end now that they're folding into GQ. I guess it was really over with Conde Nast. But this is depressing for me.

Pitchfork, Soulseek, and the Pens forum defined the early '00s for me.

If HF goes I might be forced to start a family.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I agree about Spotify, it's been worth it.

I actually found the band through a Pitchfork tweet. Pitchfork, sadly, seems to be nearing an end now that they're folding into GQ. I guess it was really over with Conde Nast. But this is depressing for me.

Pitchfork, Soulseek, and the Pens forum defined the early '00s for me.

If HF goes I might be forced to start a family.
Oh man, I forgot about Pitchfork. I found the band “Wavves” thru Pitchfork back in college while I was procrastinating in the library. Wavves is one of my all-time favorites, so I’ve always had a soft spot for Pitchfork. It got me into indie rock in general. It’s too bad what happened to that site.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Oh man, I forgot about Pitchfork. I found the band “Wavves” thru Pitchfork back in college while I was procrastinating in the library. Wavves is one of my all-time favorites, so I’ve always had a soft spot for Pitchfork. It got me into indie rock in general. It’s too bad what happened to that site.
Yeah I liked Wavves a lot. Was reminded of that first album recently.

Here's another album I liked from that particular lo-fi moment:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad