OT: The Semi-Annual, Taste Optional Music Thread: Post Your Feel-Bad Hit of the Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
I've pretty much been listening to this YouTube channel's mixes for the last two weeks:

Not really funk, although I didn't listen past the first song.
This is funk:

Mike Muir and Robert Teujillo from Suicidal Tendencies, S.T.'s second guitarist, and drummer is Steven Perkins from Jane's Addiction!

Reactions: BillPrep

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Not really funk, although I didn't listen past the first song.
This is funk:

Mike Muir and Robert Teujillo from Suicidal Tendencies, S.T.'s second guitarist, and drummer is Steven Perkins from Jane's Addiction!

pre-emptive disclaimer: I'm not an expert on funk or music

I don't think either of the videos you posted are funk. To me, I see them as punk and ... something really close to funk and ska. The second video is way closer to what I consider to be funk.

And I know the video I posted isn't funk. It's whatever "future funk" is.

War is what I think of when I think of funk. Them, George Clinton, Sly and the Family Stone, other ____ & the _____ ... and others I'm blanking on.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg

I don't think either of the videos you posted are funk. To me, I see them as punk and ... something really close to funk and ska. The second video is way closer to what I consider to be funk.

War is what I think of when I think of funk. Them, George Clinton, Sly and the Family Stone, other ____ & the _____ ... and others I'm blanking on.
This guy funks

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019

Don't forget RJ:

Given that's he's from Buffalo, the Sabres should integrate this in their goal celebration song. It couldn't hurt.

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad