OT: The Semi-Annual, Taste Optional Music Thread: Post Your Feel-Bad Hit of the Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Going through an AIC phase.

In regards to the albums of the Layne Staley era, I’d probably go...

Dirt
Facelift
Jar of Flies
Sap
Tripod

Yeah he's a truly sad, semi horrific, tale of letting success get the better of him.
Down in a hole wasn't written by Layne or even about him (but a band members girlfriend/wife (that I can remember)) but that is all I think about when I hear it... him withering away to skin and bone with his teeth falling out.... unable to be saved.....

Reactions: BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Yeah he's a truly sad, semi horrific, tale of letting success get the better of him.
Down in a hole wasn't written by Layne or even about him (but a band members girlfriend/wife (that I can remember)) but that is all I think about when I hear it... him withering away to skin and bone with his teeth falling out.... unable to be saved.....

It's mentioned how disheartened he would get when fans came up to him to boast about doing drugs. Their music is the byproduct of what the members went through (I'm pretty sure all of them struggled with substance abuse of some sort), and that's why so many of their songs hit you harder.

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It's mentioned how disheartened he would get when fans came up to him to boast about doing drugs. Their music is the byproduct of what the members went through (I'm pretty sure all of them struggled with substance abuse of some sort), and that's why so many of their songs hit you harder.

Yeah, that song comes on once or twice every few years in my car by chance and it's a gut punch every time I hear it.

BillPrep

Jun 2, 2016
sludge factory will always be my "pissed off I have to do some work" song...

heres some modern australians doing 80s california surf punk:

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
e592cdd666687311c417441bce0a3f92.gif

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Really sad to see Daft Punk retired the other day. Even though it's not like anyone died or whatever and they had basically been done unofficially for like 7 years.

Anyway... way back in the Homework days these guys were probably my first foray into electronic music. And they just kept on putting stuff out that caught me as the years went on. Discovery is my favorite, though. And I just popped this on last night for the first time in years and forgot how fun it is.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Reactions: Randy Butternubs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad