The schedule (Update: Schedule released! See 1st post for link)

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I think I'm the only one that loves afternoon games. Then again, I work overnight shifts usually and there's nothing better than getting out of bed and planting my butt in front of the tv to watch the bruins.

FireSweeney

Oct 23, 2010
Auburn, Maine
Its good to go on nhl.com and see games posted on the top. Kind of lame to have a game at 1 on the 21st but whatever, guess I'll have to bring a mini radio and headphones to work that day, go Bs!

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
I'm confused is the Jan 19 game going to be on NESN? I see it says NHL Network on the NESN site and that they have a college game scheduled. That would kinda stink as I don't get the NHL network in HD.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Called it.. same amount home games vs the Panthers as Canadiens

So to make the 48 games.. they take out 2 divisional games? WTF is this ****?

Mickey Mouse all the way.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
NON division foes

2 home games against
Devils
Isles
Rangers
Panthers
Lightning

1 home games against
Flyers
Penguins
Capitals
Jets
Hcanes

Mtl 2&2
tor 2&2
Buff 3 away 2 home
ott 3 home 2 away

not a fan of the schedule- wanted Buffalo three times, Flyers, Pens, and Adam Oates offensive Caps twice; also, only 3 games in February I understand because of the ice shows but I think there was more than that on the original

Winnipeg on this is a joke- that team makes the playoffs with traveling from Manitoba to Florida they should just give them the Cup.

Overall I'd give it a C- and thats because I'm an easy grader

very happy hockey is back but I was looking for a heeping of hate in Division games and there is 2 here before Red Sox opening day

to much Florida and Islanders for me but hey, we got hockey back

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
I took to the Twitters yesterday afternoon to complain that I wanted the schedule released so that I could complain about how the Bruins get to play the 2nd half of a back to back in Pittsburgh. Which of course is exactly what happened because it's the Penguins league, the Bruins just happen to play in it.

And to make it worse, there are TWO 2nd half of a back to back in Pittsburgh within a week!

Here is that part:

Mon Mar 11, 2013 Bruins Senators 7:30 PM
Tue Mar 12, 2013 Bruins Penguins 7:30 PM NBCSN
Thu Mar 14, 2013 Panthers Bruins 7:00 PM
Sat Mar 16, 2013 Capitals Bruins 1:00 PM
Sun Mar 17, 2013 Bruins Penguins 12:30 PM NBC

So here's the deal: Get to play a division rival in Canada on a Monday night, then play at Pittsburgh the next night on national TV. Then on Saturday afternoon play the Caps, and less than 24 hours later play their 5th game in 137 hours.

There aren't too many roadies that are easy to attend. The Islanders game is on a freaking Tuesday (and on NBCSN for some ungodly reason)

Also please note how the 5 teams the Bruins play twice on road and once at home are much more difficult than the teams playing twice at home. Flyers/Pens/Caps....and to further stick it to us, two boring home games vs NYR.

sandersonian

Nov 23, 2007
Boston
Bruins call everybody Gregory?

< whine alert >After all this mess, and I paid my season tickets on time throughout this miasma of idiocy, we get an apology e-mail from Neeley last night that callls me "Gregory". I have never been, and never will be, a Gregory. Small nit I know but it's a simple mail merge for Chrissakes.< /whine >

Dear GREGORY,

I want to take this opportunity to apologize on behalf of the entire Bruins organization for the 2012-13 season being delayed. I understand that it has been a frustrating time for fans, and I thank you for your patience and commitment.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
< whine alert >After all this mess, and I paid my season tickets on time throughout this miasma of idiocy, we get an apology e-mail from Neeley last night that callls me "Gregory". I have never been, and never will be, a Gregory. Small nit I know but it's a simple mail merge for Chrissakes.< /whine >

Dear GREGORY,

I want to take this opportunity to apologize on behalf of the entire Bruins organization for the 2012-13 season being delayed. I understand that it has been a frustrating time for fans, and I thank you for your patience and commitment.

Maybe they should share the interest on the 38 million they held,probably about $16 each.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I think I'm the only one that loves afternoon games. Then again, I work overnight shifts usually and there's nothing better than getting out of bed and planting my butt in front of the tv to watch the bruins.

I work nights so I love them too. Nice to watch a game live and not DVRed.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Wow lots of whining in this thread. Sounds like my grammy and her friends kvetching about their surgeries. :laugh:

My only foreseeable problem is my tix will probably all end up on days I work. But I have an understanding boss. :)

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Man, March and April are pretty intense... playing basically every other night. Should be fun.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

I like them too. Driving back to NH some nights seems long. ...especially when the B's loose.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
The start of the Bruins schedule is front-loaded with home games (5 of 1st 7). A fast start is essential in this sprint to the finish.

Having the Rangers on deck for 2 of the 1st 3 games could be to the Bruins' advantage as the Rangers try to mesh with Nash in their line-up and ease Gaborik back from off-season labrum surgery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad