The schedule (Update: Schedule released! See 1st post for link)

Schalkenullvier*

I hate it, it's called work :cry::(

yeah i can See why you North americans wont like it, but for the european Fan it's a relief.

10 Games is a lot though, more than 20% of the schedule.

another good thing, all the rags games are done by feb 12!

i love These First 3 days so much... First the Hockey orgy with pens-flyers, bruins rags and ducks-canucks, then sunday the flyers-sabres Matinee and monday the bruins at 7 pm our Time! wohoo!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
OK I am getting psyched.

Lots of games.

A couple of weeks many home games...I will be tired at work.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
i know. i feel like asking for a refund.
Im gonna have to miss so many of those games. I wish they canned the season.
home games mon,wed,fri ,sun. wtf!

I really hope they give refunds while allowing us to renew for the playoffs

That's bad. Leafs do not have any games scheduled for Sunday or Friday. Fourteen Saturday games.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
Um, what happened to playing Montreal 5 times? I count 4 games against the Habs. Unless I'm losing it...

EDIT: So we play Ottawa 5 times and not Montreal? Are you ******** me? Why this schedule wasn't 7 against Divisional teams and 2 against Conference teams is mind-boggling. They made it so unnecessarily complicated it pisses me off, but in the end I'm just glad hockey is back. Drop the puck.

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
I agree it is weird we only play Montreal 4 times. Maybe they wanted to kep that series as an even home split. really excited that it is back and camp opens tomrorow. I wonder how expensive the first game against the Rangers will be? would love to go

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
I assume the afternoon games are because the Garden is booked up?

Every afternoon game the Bruins play at home is a Saturday or a holiday (MLK). After the new year, the Bruins play their Saturday home games at 1pm, and have for decades. They also always play a matinee at home on MLK. Matinee hockey has been a tradition for ages here, and I'm kind of surprised people are surprised about it. Whether this season started on time or not those Saturday home games were going to be at 1pm. Can't speak for the road games, but TV always plays a factor and with a condensed schedule I'm sure the league wants to get as many games on National TV as possible. Plus those afternoon dates are weekends as well.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
Gonna be weird playing on Easter, and Patriots Day but not being a playoff game

Love the Pats day game. I take my son to the early sox game every year. If there's a B's or C's playoff game we do a double header and walk the last mile of the marathon on the way up to the Garden. Unfortunately there was no nightcap last year. Love it when we can finish off with the B's! And we aren't even gonna have to wait till a week before the game to find out! We usually wear the B's jerseys to the Fens!

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Doesn't seem like a bad schedule. I was expecting way more back-to-backs. I only counted 7, which doesn't seem too bad.

Way too many matinees but what are you gonna do.

That 4 game home-stand at the end of the season could be key.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
Black and Gold Intersquad Scrimmage presented by AT&T
Tuesday, January 15 at 7:00PM

Last edited:

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
I see that Ticketmaster has Boston Bruins vs Providence Bruins on Tues Jan 15 at TD. Guess that will be the entire pre-season.

Yep. That would be the black and gold intersquad scrimmage with the free tickets. Your can have mine if you want to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad