The schedule (Update: Schedule released! See 1st post for link)

Loocheech

Dec 12, 2008
Boston
Supposedly Channel 5 in Boston said next Tues vs NJ. Not sure how they would know so I took it for a grain of salt.

Loocheech

Dec 12, 2008
Boston
That's from the old schedule. They're not going to just pick it up - they'll be putting out an entirely new one.

Ahhhhh, didnt even bother to compare it to the old schedule, thanks though. Just figured they got the info from somewhere and didnt bother looking.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
That's why it cracked me up the whole time when the media was keeping track of the number of games canceled and putting a percentage on it. We knew all along once it reached a certain point that it'd be 50ish games or no games. Canceling all games up to date X always seemed to just be a negotiating tactic.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I wonder if we'll have any inter-conference games. I think they'll keep the 6 divisional games in, as 4 would probably not be enough.

If it's 6 divisional games, you could still see 2 games vs every intra-conference team and then either 4 or 6 inter-conference games. Not sure how they'd divide that up with 5 teams in every division though, maybe by facing 2 teams in every division (one home, and one away).

kman22

Apr 11, 2010
I have tickets to a few games, I wonder how they'll translate. That could be another big hassle for non-STHs.

jscjr

In Bergeron We Trust
Jul 23, 2007
I wonder if we'll have any inter-conference games. I think they'll keep the 6 divisional games in, as 4 would probably not be enough.

If it's 6 divisional games, you could still see 2 games vs every intra-conference team and then either 4 or 6 inter-conference games. Not sure how they'd divide that up with 5 teams in every division though, maybe by facing 2 teams in every division (one home, and one away).

This Sporting News report states that there will be no inter-conference games, and heavy weighting towards divisional opponents.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
I like the all intra-conference schedule save for one thing: this will probably be the first season in history that the Original Six teams won't all play each other at least once.

I've always been in favor of a heavy division/conference schedule in favor of the ridiculous idea of playing everyone once or twice, but there was always a caveat that the O6 teams should play at least a home & home.

The fact that we won't play Detroit or Chicago at all is unfortunate, but playing the majority of games in our division is going to be a good thing, for every team in every division in the League.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
6 vs division

2 vs conference

Pretty amazing.

But it will probably be some weird uneven 5 vs division and 3 vs conference and we will get the joys of seeing the SE division at home twice which would be the same as the Habs and another divisional opponent.

legardien91

Mar 9, 2004
Deerfield Beach, FL
I like the all intra-conference schedule save for one thing: this will probably be the first season in history that the Original Six teams won't all play each other at least once.

I've always been in favor of a heavy division/conference schedule in favor of the ridiculous idea of playing everyone once or twice, but there was always a caveat that the O6 teams should play at least a home & home.

The fact that we won't play Detroit or Chicago at all is unfortunate, but playing the majority of games in our division is going to be a good thing, for every team in every division in the League.

Uhhh... 1995 says hello.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
I am so so happy that the season has been saved. I love this game. Can't wait 4 the puck drop and watch the B's games with my fellow B's fans here. I must admit that watching and following the games here is fun. Tho we may be different, personalities, fans etc, and argue over whatever, we all root for one team and that's all that matters Go Boston Bruins!!!

Also it helps the winter time pass a bit quicker. :=)

Bmf316nhl

But there's no dog
Jul 8, 2007
3 miles south of MA.

1995 lockout shortened season was 48 games with no inter-conference play, so he Bruins didn't play the wings, blackhawks, and leafs (who were in the west back then)

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC
NHL sends memo to clubs indicating no camps before Saturday (and may not open until Monday), 48-game season to begin Jan. 19

Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey
So it's official! Game On Jan 19th!! All 30 teams will be in action Opening Night. Hearing Schedule should be released Thursday or Friday.

All 30 teams will play so I assume there has to be one interconference game all year. Not starting until the 19th.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I have tickets to a few games, I wonder how they'll translate. That could be another big hassle for non-STHs.

I remember going to a game in 95 against the Canadiens when I was a lad. The tickets had the original opponent and date crossed off, but the game number stayed the same. Example- Home game 1, which would have been played in October became home game 1 played in January.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
NHL sends memo to clubs indicating no camps before Saturday (and may not open until Monday), 48-game season to begin Jan. 19

So it's official! Game On Jan 19th!! All 30 teams will be in action Opening Night. Hearing Schedule should be released Thursday or Friday.

All 30 teams will play so I assume there has to be one interconference game all year. Not starting until the 19th.

:towel::partytime::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Can't remember the last time I've been this excited.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

Damn interleague play on opening day. Who do they think they are, MLB? Maybe Detroit and Toronto will play outdoors in the Joe Louis Arena parking lot?

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
It's been widely reported that they're keeping as much as the old schedule in tact as possible since the arenas are booked.

Which means we open up the 19th against the Habs in MTL :yo:

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I read the 15th was not out of the question if things move quickly. just saying. I'll see if I can find the tweeter.

EDIT: Pierre LeBurn at said it at 10:40

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
It's been widely reported that they're keeping as much as the old schedule in tact as possible since the arenas are booked.

Which means we open up the 19th against the Habs in MTL :yo:

Should be a great day of hockey. Saw somewhere around this board that the NHL is starting it off with all rivalry games?

Personally, I don't care. I just wanna see Carey Price miserable again.

042109carey_medium.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad