The Sabres look really good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
To be fair, they were a completely different team early this year.

They just proceeded to suck yet again
No they weren’t. Their underlying numbers were horrible and they had played by far the easiest schedule in the league. Everything about the start screamed fraud.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
A step in the right direction would be to chokeslam one of the reporters. I don't know his name or anything but man even as a non-Sabres fan he pisses me off.

After a big win "how tough it is to win when your top line gives up 2 goals?", after a loss "Sam, why did you give up on a play, why didn't you backcheck.. why aren't you answering it's a legit question?".

Last year when things were tough i think he started things off by saying "you guys are toast aren't you".

If he was working in Columbus Torts would've strangled him by now. Speaking of Torts, he's talked about it before how reporters can influence the players by bringing up different things over and over again making the players believe it too, generally you have to be professional and deal with it but in extreme cases like this one guy can really ruin your whole day. It's pretty clear he just feeds off of the Sabres misery.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Seeing that this thread was created on Oct 5th made me chuckle. I then felt a little bad because I speculated that it was made by someone just trying to say something positive about another team, but then I noticed that the OP's name is John Eichel da GOAT and I chuckled some more.
OP lost a bet and had to change his avatar and name. He's not a Sabres fan, he's the #1 troll of Sabres fans. He's made like 8 of the last 10 Sabres main board threads.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
OP lost a bet and had to change his avatar and name. He's not a Sabres fan, he's the #1 troll of Sabres fans. He's made like 8 of the last 10 Sabres main board threads.
Not true at all. Said bet was a McDavid avatar. Then I changed it for real permanently to the current one.

I make threads that legitimately try to improve the team. Just because I don't have anything good to say about the current way the franchise is run doesn't mean I'm not a fan. Im just more realistic than most Sabres fans. I dont buy into the fake hope. I want them to lose, suck, be awful, etc so they get the next McDavid/Crosby/Whoever and go into a true rebuild, not the half-assed one Murray and Botterill have sold us.

I dropped my Sabres seasons after 2018. I've invested more into this crap team than 99% of Sabres die-hards here.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
A step in the right direction would be to chokeslam one of the reporters. I don't know his name or anything but man even as a non-Sabres fan he pisses me off.

After a big win "how tough it is to win when your top line gives up 2 goals?", after a loss "Sam, why did you give up on a play, why didn't you backcheck.. why aren't you answering it's a legit question?".

Last year when things were tough i think he started things off by saying "you guys are toast aren't you".

If he was working in Columbus Torts would've strangled him by now. Speaking of Torts, he's talked about it before how reporters can influence the players by bringing up different things over and over again making the players believe it too, generally you have to be professional and deal with it but in extreme cases like this one guy can really ruin your whole day. It's pretty clear he just feeds off of the Sabres misery.
Maybe players are just mentally weak? I mean, if you let a media person get into your head, you literally are, toast.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Smug posts like this are hilarious.

It’s honestly hard to feel bad for you because of how cocky you guys act when your team has a good October (and then promptly ****s the bed).

Someone has a lack of reading comprehension...

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Date: October 16th.

So, 7 games. Their underlying numbers were good for 7 games.

Considering this thread was made after 2 games?

They were good for longer but I am not good when it comes to finding stat sites showing specific stretches of games. If you have evidence to the contrary feel free to provide it for say the first 20 games? Or whatever you feel is appropriate. It's ridiculous that on this site people can make claims with zero evidence, you provide evidence to the contrary that might be weak but is still evidence, and we attack the person who tried to provide evidence rather than the person who presented a claim with none. Because clearly it is more fun to make baseless bold assertions attacking something you don't like rather than having a discussion.

Why didn't you quote the other poster and ask him for better evidence? (Hint: it is because you don't care because his view is the same as your own.)

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Maybe players are just mentally weak? I mean, if you let a media person get into your head, you literally are, toast.

I knew someone was going to post this. Generally yes, you're expected to deal with it, but at the same time players are often in an emotional state right after a game and having this guy purposely trying to piss you off does nobody any good and just spreads the negativity around.

Like i said, if a guy like that was working around a more veteran team somebody would've already stood up to him like Dan Boyle did to Larry Brooks. Just because he's a media person doing his job doesn't mean you have to deal with someone being an asshole.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Smug posts like this are hilarious.

It’s honestly hard to feel bad for you because of how cocky you guys act when your team has a good October (and then promptly ****s the bed).
God damn, we ain't a victim of assault. None of us want pity from any other fanbase. That's vomit inducing. Talk shit. Hate on us. It's what makes sports fun.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Seeing that this thread was created on Oct 5th made me chuckle. I then felt a little bad because I speculated that it was made by someone just trying to say something positive about another team, but then I noticed that the OP's name is John Eichel da GOAT and I chuckled some more.

Yep. Amusing

Don’t be fooled, dude just has a bizarre obsession with the Sabres in a trolly sorta way. He’s a former fan who can’t let go or somethin so he just talks about how they’ll never win or creates threads like this to troll when they inevitably turn bad again. Seriously, that’s what occurred in this one, will look for the post later where he changed his tone.

It's both sad and funny to see all the Sabres fans trying to anti-jinx by saying how bad they are, but then it came true.

Ok, that one is kinda funny and accurate

Reactions: jetsforever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad