The Sabres look really good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
The Sabres look really good - for me to poop on!
th.jpg

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Sabres are off to a hot start. They’ve also faced one of the easiest schedules of any team so far. Their PDO is sky high. Are they this years Islanders? Maybe. But it’s definitely way too early to start pounding your chest and saying your team is by far better than others.
Shocked they didn’t maintain their early season pace. Absolutely shocked.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Seeing that this thread was created on Oct 5th made me chuckle. I then felt a little bad because I speculated that it was made by someone just trying to say something positive about another team, but then I noticed that the OP's name is John Eichel da GOAT and I chuckled some more.

Reactions: TheBluePenguin

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Seeing that this thread was created on Oct 5th made me chuckle. I then felt a little bad because I speculated that it was made by someone just trying to say something positive about another team, but then I noticed that the OP's name is John Eichel da GOAT and I chuckled some more.

Yep. Amusing

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I don’t think many us actually believed their early season results were sustainable, just a matter of time. But we have seen some improvement in some areas even if it’s modest.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
The Sabres need to start drafting better. They got obvious picks with Reinhardt, Dahlin and Eichel, but every other pick, with the exception of Olofsson, has been dreadful. This goes back all the way to the mid-2000s. Their only descent pick before then is Tyler Myers.

That's just not enough to build a good team around.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
It's both sad and funny to see all the Sabres fans trying to anti-jinx by saying how bad they are, but then it came true.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
I am/was/probably still will be one of the biggest haters on the moves this organization has made over the past decade, but I'll admit they look very good. Only 2 games in and a ton of time to regress, but

Eichel looks good
Dahlin looks good
Skinner looks good
Olofsson looks good
Johansson looks good
The jerseys look good
Hell even Okposo is on the board.

Well see what they do agains tthe Lightning, Leafs, Caps and Bruins, but im impressed early.

Hope you didnt went back hating the team/Org again!

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
It doesn't really unless you expected the Sabres to finish the season with a .850 win percentage.

They were eventually going to go through a losing streak, this board has zero sense of perspective though so the "OMG THEY'RE WINNING THE CUP" to "OmG! Draft lottery, seasun ovverrrr!" takes don't surprise me.

Wow, that losing streak lasted a long time. How much longer until we’re allowed to change ‘losing streak’ to ‘bad team’?

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
At least everyone ignores that this guy is clearly an Avs fan who does nothing but shit on the Sabres in every other post about them...

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
You have a franchise C and a D, Thats will not change for a long time, the rest is only a puzzle who can be solved!

And there always a new season to come!

Can it though?

At least everyone ignores that this guy is clearly an Avs fan who does nothing but **** on the Sabres in every other post about them...

Find anyone saying anything good about the Sabres lately. I'll wait...

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Smug posts like this are hilarious.

It’s honestly hard to feel bad for you because of how cocky you guys act when your team has a good October (and then promptly ****s the bed).

It’s cocky to say everyone in the thread has an ax to grind? You act like I said the Sabres were a good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad