The Sabres look really good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I think people are overreacting sure they are struggling however those last few games they had to play were against some very tough opponents. Let's give it a few more games before we write them off.

They beat the bad teams, i.e. teams worse than they are, and lost to all the teams better then them. They have Boston, Florida and Tamps coming up.

I want them to be successful so it pains me to write this, but another year and no playoffs. I have no idea what they are missing but something is definitely off.

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
Truth

They just are not a good team like we all predicted.
Eichel is a great individual player but a terrible leader.
The depth they improved still is very average.
Reinhart is playing better but still not near his potential.
Mittlestadt needs to take the jump to be a real top 9 player.
Skinner is overpaid and declining already.
Goaloffsson was a nice marketing ploy to get fans interested for a minute, but has since fallen off the face of the Earth.

But in reality, they had a favorable Oct, won some games, now have a brutal November, and are losing. They're likely a bottom 10 team still, not as bad as last season.
Holy hot take batman

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Holy hot take batman
I'll keep them coming.

Kruger is in over his head. The guy coached the Oilers for a minute, went to soccer, then magically got another head coaching gig somehow. That doesnt seem odd to anyone else?

They have two backups as goaltenders. Both very average.

Dahlin is a great player, all-star, but still nowhere near what we all think his potential is.

Botterill is a poor GM. Received credit for Crosby's success.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Truth

Goaloffsson was a nice marketing ploy to get fans interested for a minute, but has since fallen off the face of the Earth.

But in reality, they had a favorable Oct, won some games, now have a brutal November, and are losing. They're likely a bottom 10 team still, not as bad as last season.
Skinner is doing perfectly fine considering who he has been stuck with.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Truth

I agree they're a bottom 10 team but disagree with one thing in particular in your post:

Skinner is not declining yet. He is overpaid sure, but he really doesn't look much different from last year, still providing lots of 5v5 goals and he's playing with scrubs.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
The Sabres have points in 5 of their last 6 and have retaken a playoff spot in the Atlantic.

The free fall is over.

The Sabres look good again.

It's time to beat the war drums.

war-drums-banner6.jpg

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
They beat the bad teams, i.e. teams worse than they are, and lost to all the teams better then them. They have Boston, Florida and Tamps coming up.

I want them to be successful so it pains me to write this, but another year and no playoffs. I have no idea what they are missing but something is definitely off.

It doesent really matter who you beat in the regular season, anyone can beat anyone with today’s parity. When buffalo was 31st they beat the top five teams in the league in the same month? See?

Their on a four game point streak! Lol

No but seriously it’s growing pains, I know buffalo has waited a looong time but the pieces are being planted I believe, slowly but surely, they got some good pieces still to come in Luukonen cozens, a few others and I think dahlin and Eichel will be too powerful in their prime to not lead a team to at least the playoffs.

If you look at the. Last 5-6 games they’ve been in them or won, or easily could of won should of for four out four Pts versus Toronto three posts and a crossbar in 1/1 tie.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
A win is a win, but these sum up the Devils game:

b9d2a7d5bffe.gif

33b177085f73.gif

It doesent really matter who you beat in the regular season, anyone can beat anyone with today’s parity. When buffalo was 31st they beat the top five teams in the league in the same month? See?

Their on a four game point streak! Lol

No but seriously it’s growing pains, I know buffalo has waited a looong time but the pieces are being planted I believe, slowly but surely, they got some good pieces still to come in Luukonen cozens, a few others and I think dahlin and Eichel will be too powerful in their prime to not lead a team to at least the playoffs.

If you look at the. Last 5-6 games they’ve been in them or won, or easily could of won should of for four out four Pts versus Toronto three posts and a crossbar in 1/1 tie.
They're

Reactions: dire wolf and Kc232

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
I agree they're a bottom 10 team but disagree with one thing in particular in your post:

Skinner is not declining yet. He is overpaid sure, but he really doesn't look much different from last year, still providing lots of 5v5 goals and he's playing with scrubs.

Just so you know the guy your quoting is the one with the old vampire av. He changed his av likely to make it seem like his sabres bashing was coming from someone new.
lol at Eichel being a terrible leader. ITs too bad he can’t lift mountains I don’t know what some expect. Not everything is about him Matthews and mcdavid have won a combined one series more then he has and it’s not about team results when judging a player.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
A win is a win, but these sum up the Devils game:

b9d2a7d5bffe.gif

33b177085f73.gif

They're

I know how to speak I type fast on my cell sometimes so attack grammar when you can’t win arguments.

I think it’s pretty sad you add things like “a wins a win but” Eichel is great but....no one believes your half hearted compliments to make it look like YOU’RE not ripping the team.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Sabres are back to playing like they did early in the season when most people thought they were handling bad teams and struggling with top teams. It’s not a great roster, Botts isn’t doing much, and Kruger doesn’t change lines if he doesn’t have too. The big difference from the beginning to now is the bi polar power play. From 50% to 2 for the last 20 something. I think in November they had 1 pp goal for and 2 shorties against. I don’t expect a team with a new coach to hit their stride until after the new year and this isn’t a great roster to begin with. They are trending up right now even if ever so slightly.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Just so you know the guy your quoting is the one with the old vampire av. He changed his av likely to make it seem like his sabres bashing was coming from someone new.
lol at Eichel being a terrible leader. ITs too bad he can’t lift mountains I don’t know what some expect. Not everything is about him Matthews and mcdavid have won a combined one series more then he has and it’s not about team results when judging a player.
Nope, lost an avatar bet. Ill get rid of this trash 1.1.20.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Sabres are back to playing like they did early in the season when most people thought they were handling bad teams and struggling with top teams. It’s not a great roster, Botts isn’t doing much, and Kruger doesn’t change lines if he doesn’t have too. The big difference from the beginning to now is the bi polar power play. From 50% to 2 for the last 20 something. I think in November they had 1 pp goal for and 2 shorties against. I don’t expect a team with a new coach to hit their stride until after the new year and this isn’t a great roster to begin with. They are trending up right now even if ever so slightly.
The December schedule, like I said about November, is a huge test for them. Majority of the teams they play are legitimate playoff teams and the ones that arent are the Flames, Predators, Canucks, Lightning, and Leafs which we all know are not the Red Wings/Kings caliber of opponent.

I expect 3 wins in December. Maybe throw in a few OT/SO losses. 3-9-2

Devils - W
Flames - L
Canucks - OTL
Oilers - L
Blues - L
Predators - OTL
Islanders - L
Leafs - L
Flyers - L
Kings - W
Sens - W
Bruins - L
Bruins - L
Lightning - L

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
The December schedule, like I said about November, is a huge test for them. Majority of the teams they play are legitimate playoff teams and the ones that arent are the Flames, Predators, Canucks, Lightning, and Leafs which we all know are not the Red Wings/Kings caliber of opponent.

I expect 3 wins in December. Maybe throw in a few OT/SO losses. 3-9-2

Devils - W
Flames - L
Canucks - OTL
Oilers - L
Blues - L
Predators - OTL
Islanders - L
Leafs - L
Flyers - L
Kings - W
Sens - W
Bruins - L
Bruins - L
Lightning - L

You do realize when the sabres were 31st they beat the three best teams in the league in the Same week right?

It means nothing with so much parity.

Who cares what you think the sabres will go, they could lose all of them.

All you did was predict who the better team was in your win/loss prediction, it’s meaningless.

That’s not how the NHL works.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
You do realize when the sabres were 31st they beat the three best teams in the league in the Same week right?

It means nothing with so much parity.

Who cares what you think the sabres will go, they could lose all of them.

All you did was predict who the better team was in your win/loss prediction, it’s meaningless.

That’s not how the NHL works.
It was pretty spot on for October or let me guess, the Sabres were struggling and in a strange slump then?

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
It's not really a tailored prediction as to how the teams match up. If all it took to predict games was a look at the standings Vegas would be underwater

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
It was pretty spot on for October or let me guess, the Sabres were struggling and in a strange slump then?

Dude just quit fishing. You can find healthier things to be happier about then trying to pick apart a team and it’s fans. You can do that with any team really....and the ironic part is buffalo fans barely brag when things go well, the threads that were started were by YOU if any bragging came at all. Or none of them predict they’re a lock for the playoffs no sabres fans say these things.

Just stop. Why not spend that time cheering for a team. If I brag its about Eichel, and that’s becUse rightfully so. (and even that I’ve done less of lately I haven’t started an Eichel thread in over a year and don’t plan too any time soon) I just stick up for him. Lol at him being a terrible leader though, thats funny. He’s only blaming himself after each season and when he had the chance to throw his team under the bus instead he kept saying I need to be better. The team has more issues there’s no winning environment. That’s not on Eichel but we know you want to find something about him to rip. So you go right ahead and rip meanwhile he will rip up the NHL. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Chainshot

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Dude just quit fishing. You can find healthier things to be happier about then trying to pick apart a team and it’s fans. You can do that with any team really....and the ironic part is buffalo fans barely brag when things go well, the threads that were started were by YOU if any bragging came at all. Or none of them predict they’re a lock for the playoffs no sabres fans say these things.

Just stop. Why not spend that time cheering for a team. If I brag its about Eichel, and that’s becUse rightfully so. (and even that I’ve done less of lately I haven’t started an Eichel thread in over a year and don’t plan too any time soon) I just stick up for him. Lol at him being a terrible leader though, thats funny. He’s only blaming himself after each season and when he had the chance to throw his team under the bus instead he kept saying I need to be better. The team has more issues there’s no winning environment. That’s not on Eichel but we know you want to find something about him to rip. So you go right ahead and rip meanwhile he will rip up the NHL. :)

Well that's a giant load of BS.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
So, who’s going to be blamed for yet another season of failure? Tim Murray and now Jason Botterill haven’t been able to get this team to the post season, Housley, Bylsma, Ted Nolan, and now Ralph Kruger.

The last time the Sabres iced a respectable team was when Darcy Regier and Lindy Ruff were in charge, and that was a decade ago. It seems like there is zero leadership on that squad and that’s something they’ve been missing for a long, long time.

Reactions: Merrrlin

serp

Jan 17, 2016
So, who’s going to be blamed for yet another season of failure? Tim Murray and now Jason Botterill haven’t been able to get this team to the post season, Housley, Bylsma, Ted Nolan, and now Ralph Kruger.

The last time the Sabres iced a respectable team was when Darcy Regier and Lindy Ruff were in charge, and that was a decade ago. It seems like there is zero leadership on that squad and that’s something they’ve been missing for a long, long time.

Pretty sure thatswhy ROR was brought to the Sabres for example but he started hating hockey and life in general while with the team.

Something seems to be broken there and it doesn't seem to be fixable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad