The Sabres look really good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Different coach. Different players, mature players. Way too touch of a division to do damage though.

I don’t think they make the playoffs but anyone can say “remember that time they
Did good then got bad”, what are you suggesting the team sucks out of the gate and try and pull a blues type season.

Way to early for a thread though.
Definitely too early.
I'm no hater even tho I'm a leaf fan.
I hope Dahlin and olofsson tear it up (fantasy styles)

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
How does Vesey look though?

He’s done some good things but to me hasn’t stood out, a lot of players are just simply doing better. Might take him awhile, don’t think he will be as good here as he was there but I’d love to be wrong. Hasn’t had a very prominent role so....

Last edited:

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Definitely too early.
I'm no hater even tho I'm a leaf fan.
I hope Dahlin and olofsson tear it up (fantasy styles)

How did I know you were when you said that? I’m sure you had that line saved in memory incase such a thing happened. Anyway no biggie, it’s like people negating Toronto’s early success by saying remember how they’re golfing by late April the last three years (actually the last 15 years) but who’s counting? Buffalo hasn’t made it in a decade lol....Point being you don’t come out of the gate trying to lose because last year you came out good and it fell off.

By even I wish this thread wasn’t made. It will be laughed at in a few weeks but again I hope I’m wrong.

Dietpepsi

Jun 27, 2015
Only Good!?!?!
They Look Great in those 50th anniversary white uniforms..
as for hockey.. too early but we'll take the wins

Reactions: Howie Hodge

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
How did I know you were when you said that? I’m sure you had that line saved in memory incase such a thing happened. Anyway no biggie, it’s like people negating Toronto’s early success by saying remember how they’re golfing by late April the last three years (actually the last 15 years) but who’s counting? Buffalo hasn’t made it in a decade lol....Point being you don’t come out of the gate trying to lose because last year you came out good and it fell off.

By even I wish this thread wasn’t made. It will be laughed at in a few weeks but again I hope I’m wrong.
Lol I didn't have anything saved.
Was not planned, just like this post came outta nowhere after 2 games.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
He's been the worst or second worst of the 12 forwards IMO, but he hasn't been bad at all (everyone else is just doing real well).

I haven’t really noticed Vesey at all, except for the few times he’s tried unsuccessfully to stickhandle through three Devils.

He hasn’t screwed anything up, but he hasn’t stood out in a good way either.

OneBuffalo

Feb 7, 2015
Davis-Monthan AFB AZ
I haven’t really noticed Vesey at all, except for the few times he’s tried unsuccessfully to stickhandle through three Devils.

He hasn’t screwed anything up, but he hasn’t stood out in a good way either.

I want to be pissed at Okposo, but he currently has the GWG. Maybe 10 games from now when he only has 1 goal I can do it again.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
The single biggest mistake Rick Jeanneret ever made in his career.

Well we know he won’t be doing that this year..

I think he didn’t want to say that last year eitehet because he started with “you asked for it and you got it” because they were likely people on social media asking him to do it and he probably figured “he, first in the entire NHL and had won ten in a row and it was past us thanksgiving a time where nearly 80 percent of the teams in a spot make the playoffs. (In the past decade anyway, that star came from Doug McLean last year so take it with salt lo)

Everyone knew that streak was very lucky but some clutch performances too, just like the stretch where they lost five after was unlucky losing to the likes of the caps, pens, preds, leafs, four cup contenders last year and most if not all also by one goal. The rest of the season they were just awful though.

Anyway they are being coached differently. It’s helping and it’s evident but I’m not going to get excited until at least the all Star break if they’re doing reasonably Due to last year.

Last edited:

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
???

“Scary good” was an RJ call from the 2005-06 season.

He said it after the ten game winning streak as well because people asked him too (morons obviously lol)

He started it with you asked for it and
You got it, and again they were first in the NHL at that point in early December and they had won the presidents trophy the last time they won ten in a row so he might of thought were safe here. Big mistake.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Yeah I knew how this thread would go when I saw it was started Game 2.

But to all those saying "10 game streak blah blah", that was hilarious but it was dumb luck.

They dominated these 2 games...look completely different but need more time to see if they can keep it up obviously.

Reactions: IlikeEich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad