The Sabres look really good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
If you count the OT winner tonight as a PP goal (Danault was back in the in the zone yet) , 9 of their 18 goals have come on the power play. 7 of those 18 goals happened in one game...that power play success rate is not likely to continue. After tonight , I believe their powerplay is at 60%. Even half that would be exceptional over the course of a season, so you can probably except some regression there. 4-5 less goals in the last 4 games in a typical pp environment.

Sell on buffalo if you ask me...

Good points but Buffalo has managed to out-chance their opposition (HDCF, SCF, CF) in 3/4 games so far.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Sabres do look good. Also proud of my habs who, it seems, will still be a pain to play against this year because they never quit. Nice game ! Mckinnon-like progression. For Eichel who’s going to explode sooner than later.
Whoever that backup goalie was is absolutely brutal. Sabres looked good, but Price would've won that game.

Reactions: Kunta Kinte

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Sabres do look good. Also proud of my habs who, it seems, will still be a pain to play against this year because they never quit. Nice game ! Mckinnon-like progression. For Eichel who’s going to explode sooner than later.

Eichs been this kind of player for about a year and a half as his offensive possession, transition, shot, points per game numbers suggest, he’s just getting support now.

So hopefully that will lead to a seSk where he can finally grab Those 90 pts he was on pace for last year.

I see no reason in his prime that he can’t be an 100 pt player

Reactions: Brownies

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
They looked great to start the year a year ago. Let’s see if they can sustain. Better secondary scoring than last year.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
They looked great to start the year a year ago. Let’s see if they can sustain. Better secondary scoring than last year.

They didnt look great last year, they hung around and battled late but as soon as goaltending stopped standing on their head they plummeted. This looks like a totally different team most nights so far. Still see streaks of fail, but they look far better and underlying numbers agree.

If they play like this they can make the playoffs, but unless they figure out how to succeed under a heavy forcheck they wont go past the first round. Too jumpy under pressure, hopefully it's just something they can get better at over time.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Eichs been this kind of player for about a year and a half as his offensive possession, transition, shot, points per game numbers suggest, he’s just getting support now.

So hopefully that will lead to a seSk where he can finally grab Those 90 pts he was on pace for last year.

I see no reason in his prime that he can’t be an 100 pt player

Jack needs 1 point in his next game to reach that 90 point season. Sure it is over last season and the start of this season but he is at 89 in his last 81. 100 points is definitely possible for Jack this year but I think he falls short and finishes in the low 90s. Still, I will take that all day. Especially with the other high end talent he finally has around him.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN

Islander fan?

You should know the effect of coaching and why this start is probably a bit different.

And last year they only won six of their first twelve but dominated November, they had a Laine season last year.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Islander fan?

You should know the effect of coaching and why this start is probably a bit different.

And last year they only won six of their first twelve but dominated November, they had a Laine season last year.

I wasn’t making a dig at your team. I like the makeup, just not convinced they can sustain. I could see them in contention for the 2nd WC spot.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
My family members keep thanking me for telling them to take him as a late pool pick because most people wouldn’t even know what an olofsson was.

CrankyJay

May 17, 2006
Lancaster, NY
Dahlin coming into this game was on the ice for 8 sabres goals and on the ice for zero against with a absolutely ridiculous corsi percentage.

He leads his undefeated in regulation team in scoring.

He is a teenager

He is a defensemen.

He’s coming off the second best 18 yr old season by a dman ever ahead of Orr

He’s on buffalo

He was “awful” in a “multi point win” in the regular season.

Oh no. Whatever will he do.

yeah. He still was awful.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
He had a bad game defensively, what is so hard to understand about that? I didn't say Dahlin is bad.
You are right you didn't say he was bad. You said he was aweful. That's even worse. A bad game from Dahlin is still better than 90% of the rest of the league.

I do like how you completely change what you originally said even though its there for the world to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad