The ROR Beatification Station and Exclusion Zone (Discussion of ROR trade goes here!) Part 2

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Oh yeah if you want to knock ROR leadership qualities, I forgot to mention that he is the captain of a Stanley cup championship team.

I don't think they'd label him that if they labeled him a selfish player.

ROR said it himself:
O'Reilly blamed the Sabres' troubles on season-long struggles with consistency and players falling back into bad habits. He also blamed himself for a failure to assert himself more in a leadership role.

"I think I really didn't step up and hold guys accountable and be a voice, and it's tough," he said. "I think at times I didn't say enough, and at times I maybe said too much."

His time with the Blues isn't relevant to his time with the Sabres.

Reactions: Genny Screamer

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
ROR said it himself:
O'Reilly blamed the Sabres' troubles on season-long struggles with consistency and players falling back into bad habits. He also blamed himself for a failure to assert himself more in a leadership role.

"I think I really didn't step up and hold guys accountable and be a voice, and it's tough," he said. "I think at times I didn't say enough, and at times I maybe said too much."

His time with the Blues isn't relevant to his time with the Sabres.

He is putting blame on himself rather than on teammates like a good teammate would. How is he selfish?

Reactions: Punished ROR

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
The reality is somewhere in between. ROR wasn't a rah rah leader in Buffalo but he wasn't somehow selfish or wanted out because of it. I don't think he needed to be that type of player but you believe he had to be to justify the acquisition and contract. I believe he justified being here by giving everything he had and performing like the best player on the ice.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
How Taylor Hall's prior career stops led to his 2021 renaissance with the Bruins

Taylor Hall joining the club...

“When the trade deadline came, my priority just as a person was to get back to really loving the game as much as I could. I hope that doesn't make it seem like Buffalo made me hate hockey, that wasn't the case at all. It was just a tough time for a lot of us there. I wish I would have played better for the fans and the organization; it just didn't work out."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad