The ROR Beatification Station and Exclusion Zone (Discussion of ROR trade goes here!) Part 2

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Tage proudly carries the torch and legacy of Berglund and Sobotka.
Berglund is so far the best player we got back since he accumulated the least negative value his short stint on the Sabres. Insane.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Tage proudly carries the torch and legacy of Berglund and Sobotka.
Berglund is so far the best player we got back since he accumulated the least negative value his short stint on the Sabres. Insane.

In that case, we can argue that Ryan Johnson is the best player we got back....since zero is better than negative?

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Sabres wanted to win, and that's what they got: Evaluating how each piece of the Buffalo-St. Louis trade has fared
The offensive numbers are purely in St. Louis’ favor. O’Reilly has outscored Berglund, Sobotka and Thompson 13-9. He has a huge lead in assists (19-7) and points (32-16). That’s what the Blues wanted out of the deal, and they got it.

The Sabres wanted to win. After going 25-45-12 last year, they’ve started 21-11-5 without O’Reilly. And they’ve unexpectedly gained a huge chunk of cap space with Berglund’s departure. O’Reilly averages $7.5 million per season, while Sobotka and Thompson combine for a $4.425 million hit. That’s a savings of $3.075 million per season that can be spent elsewhere.

As the teams meet for the first time since the deal, both can be happy with their returns.

This was Jon Vogl's take on the trade. He also had rave reviews for Tage Thompson in this article. I think he wanted to be the anti-Harrington. Now he's come over to the dark side. You can only deny the Sabres incompetence for so long.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Sabres wanted to win, and that's what they got: Evaluating how each piece of the Buffalo-St. Louis trade has fared
The offensive numbers are purely in St. Louis’ favor. O’Reilly has outscored Berglund, Sobotka and Thompson 13-9. He has a huge lead in assists (19-7) and points (32-16). That’s what the Blues wanted out of the deal, and they got it.

The Sabres wanted to win. After going 25-45-12 last year, they’ve started 21-11-5 without O’Reilly. And they’ve unexpectedly gained a huge chunk of cap space with Berglund’s departure. O’Reilly averages $7.5 million per season, while Sobotka and Thompson combine for a $4.425 million hit. That’s a savings of $3.075 million per season that can be spent elsewhere.

As the teams meet for the first time since the deal, both can be happy with their returns.

This was Jon Vogl's take on the trade. He also had rave reviews for Tage Thompson in this article. I think he wanted to be the anti-Harrington. Now he's come over to the dark side. You can only deny the Sabres incompetence for so long.

The bolded: it was at this point, Vogl exclaimed, look how many eggs we have...

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Berglund not participating in the playout games for Brynäs because of crimes against his ex girlfriend. Local newspapers in Sweden have named him and the club supports the ex-girlfriend. Will probably face charges.

Here's an article that should be available in NA, written in swedish though. Official news in Sweden so should be safe and not libel.

Patrik Berglund misstänks för brott mot ex-flickvän - Hockeysverige

Here's what I got from Chromium Edge's translation of Patrik Berglund utreds för brott mot ex-flickvän (hockeysverige.se)

Patrik Berglund investigated for crimes against ex-girlfriend

9 april, 16:30, 2021

FOLLOW HOCKEY SWEDEN:

There continues to be a storm around Brynäs both on and off the ice. Now Gefle Dagblad writes that there is a preliminary investigation against the team's top scorer Patrik Berglund.

"What I can say is that we have an ongoing personnel matter about one of our players and we cannot comment on that," communications manager Martin Löf Nyqvist told Gefle Dagblad.

Patrik Berglund has been missing from the Brynäs team the most senate games, as a result of a positive corona test. But that's not the only reason he's not playing.

Brynäs forwards star is suspected of a crime against his then girlfriend, reports Gefle Dagblad.

I have recently opened a preliminary investigation. I can't comment further at this time," says Assistant Prosecutor Katinka Enström, who is leading the investigation.

Brynäs would not confirm exactly what happened.

"What I can say is that we have an ongoing personnel matter about one of our players and we cannot comment on that," communications manager Martin Löf Nyqvist told the newspaper.

Deny

Berglund's ex-girlfriend says she has received support from both Brynäs and the players' union SICO
Patrik Berglund's lawyer Gustaf Andersson at the law firm Strandahls says that Berglund has not been served with a crime.

- He also denies that he is guilty of a crime against this plaintiff.

Patrik Berglund won Brynäs' internal top scorer league with 13 goals but has not played since March 18 when he participated in the 4-1 loss to Djurgården.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Paul Hamilton on WGR 5/7/2021 8:30am-ish:

(paraphrasing):

"I think ownership would want to protect Thompson over Asplund...They want that trade to work out in the worst way..."

Terry/Kim, you already lost big. Stop now.

Also, the implication that the Pegulas still have that much of a say in personnel decisions, despite Adams' insistence that he's calling the shots...I'm not surprised, but nonetheless disappointed.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

(paraphrasing):

"I think ownership would want to protect Thompson over Asplund...They want that trade to work out in the worst way..."

Also, the implication that the Pegulas still have that much of a say in personnel decisions, despite Adams' insistence that he's calling the shots...I'm not surprised, but nonetheless disappointed.

I think actually hearing it from the ownership group themselves, would mean more than hearing what a member from the Buffalo media THINKS the Pegulas are thinking. Getting worked up over what Hamilton thinks is how people get so easily triggered by the Pegulas.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

(paraphrasing):

PHam has absolutely zero inside information about the organization, and he has even less of a feel about the lockerroom due to the pandemic/zoom nature of the press conferences. His opinion pieces hold no weight.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I sure wish he'd stop pretending then.

I'd recommend to just ignore the guy. He's not going to break any information. He just provides information that other media members provides later on. For Buffalo media, you honestly just need to follow one person. Who that person is, is up to you, but I don't see any reason Paul should be that person.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Imagine a world in which Eichel, RoR, Reinhart, and Larsson are our center spine.

That could've happened and now we will have none of them.

Reactions: HaNotsri

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
If Pegula paid the signing bonus and kept ROR we wouldn't be in this position now to the point that our core players want out. We'd have a decent team.

Terry Pegula not paying ROR his signing bonus might end up being the beginning of the demise of the Eichel Reinhart ROR era and the reason for a rebuild today.

Over 7.5 mil.

Pegula is worth 5.4 billion.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
If Pegula paid the signing bonus and kept ROR we wouldn't be in this position now to the point that our core players want out. We'd have a decent team.

Terry Pegula not paying ROR his signing bonus might end up being the beginning of the demise of the Eichel Reinhart ROR era and the reason for a rebuild today.

Over 7.5 mil.

Pegula is worth 5.4 billion.
The weird thing is that with the deals that came back we didn't really save any money that season. So it was essentially just postponing paying the money until later that year.

Ville Leino's jail hoodie was a foreshadowing of the return on the ROR trade. A criminal, a Giraffe and Sobotka

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
The weird thing is that with the deals that came back we didn't really save any money that season. So it was essentially just postponing paying the money until later that year.

Ville Leino's jail hoodie was a foreshadowing of the return on the ROR trade. A criminal, a Giraffe and Sobotka

They refused to pay the bonus because they are petty. It was based on principle.

ROR embarrassed them by telling the truth. They wanted him gone no matter the return and didn't want to give him another cent.

Ironically, by doing so they further embarrassed themselves.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY

:laugh:Exactly, hilarious, I have bro love for you as a fellow fan and HF poster. You're a great, witty, insightful poster. We need more like you.

Reactions: HaNotsri

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad