The Return of the Hartford Whalers

Squiddy*

Oct 24, 2005
Houston, Texas
CHRDANHUTCH said:
Oh Please Squid----you're the one who denigrates the AHL by saying it's not a pro league every chance you can :cry:

If the quality of hockey was so great in the AHL (the way you make it seem) there would be more than 5,000 people attending the average game. The there are only 2 teams that average 8,000+ in that league also.

PoutinePourMoi

Oct 2, 2005
Taking away the state's team, and replacing them with the minor league affiliate of one of their most hated rivals is NOT the way to draw whalers fans to games.

MSG and Rowland really made a dick move in '97, and now we are just seeing that there are others who want to fix it.

Shut up about how we wont succeed and let them do their thing.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Squiddy said:
Well I did support a team while I was living in Canada. They were the jets, so I know a thing or two about the so called "great" fanbase in winnipeg. I also know that back in the day living in Saskatchewan I could easily drive up to the Winnipeg arena and by tickets in almost any section I want. They were a lot cheaper than they are now too! As for a canadian team? I could really care less because I'm not as patriotic as a lot of homers on this site are. I consider myself not american and my canadian blood seems to be running out, so I would think of myself as north american. However I was born in Canada so on my birth certificate it says Vancouver B.C. :)

BTW: Who says all canadians HAVE to like a Canadian hockey teams? Ignorant much? :confused: :biglaugh: :shakehead :dunno:

so I guess what you're saying is nothing ever changes... like Minnesota and Colorado shouldn't have gotten a second shot at the NHL cause they lost thier teams. Winnipeg WILL get an NHL team again despite naysayers like you who think they know everything about the situation. I seem to remeber teams like Edmonton and Calgary having a very hard time selling tickets too, and in nicer buildings to boot.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Resolute said:
I love jetsowner. Great example of how the internet powers delusions.

Shame he redesigned it a while ago (and went with the ever buisness like domain of "beerforbreakfast.com"), because my favorite "fact" of all time was on the old site when he compared the MTS Centre to the (Canadian Airlines) Saddledome, and commented how MTS had 50 luxury suites, while the Saddledome only had 40. Of course, he kinda failed to mention that the Saddledome only had 40 suites until 1994. Since those renovations, the Dome had nearly 80 suites.

He also kinda failed to mention that the Saddledome holds 19,289, while the MTS Centre was always expected to hold 15,000.

Yet somehow becuase Calgary could do it, Winnipeg could too, in a much smaller arena.

so I guess since you know everything about the MTS Centre... you also know it's was built to be easily reconfigured to grow to 17,100 seats... right? Did you also know that since Izzy Asper, Winnipeg resident and owner of Global, passed away and his son David took over... it has been suggested he may be part of the Jets renaissance... that's big money!

Please don't think I'm some kind of jetsowner puppet who reads that site and only that site for my information on this subject. I was a die hard fan of the Jets, and I read about this subject everywhere I can. I just suggested jetsowner because it's a good resource for articles pertaining to this subject. Winnipeg was not the only city in Canada that was very worried about thier franchise in the mid to late 90's... remember that Calgary had thier struggles and Edmonton nearly lost thier team. It's a new world now in the NHL... the improved CBA coupled with the strong dollar means alot for EVERY Canadian franchise.

I'm not a fly by night fan, I consider myself to be very knowledgable of the events, so please don't blow off my posts as rediculous. I also understand that not everything you read on the internet is true.. but thanks for the heads up!

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
Except that in Calgary, "a hard time" still represented more tickets sold than Winnipeg's arena holds. Still represented a far superior corporate base than Winnipeg could dream to have. And, the Flames play in a tax and buisness friendly market.

Of course, this is the problem. Winnipeg's best case scenario is below the Flames worst case scenario. What happens if the Jets stink for seven years like the Flames did? Once the shine of having another NHL team wears off? Will 15,015 people continue to flock to the MTS Centre to watch a terrible team lose?

They dont anywhere else. They wont in Winnipeg.

There is one key element that Winnipeg needs before it can ever be considered a future NHL market: An owner who is rich enough to treat the team as a hobby rather than a buisness. Lacking this, Winnipeg will always remain an AHL market.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Resolute said:
Except that in Calgary, "a hard time" still represented more tickets sold than Winnipeg's arena holds. Still represented a far superior corporate base than Winnipeg could dream to have. And, the Flames play in a tax and buisness friendly market.

Of course, this is the problem. Winnipeg's best case scenario is below the Flames worst case scenario. What happens if the Jets stink for seven years like the Flames did? Once the shine or having another NHL team wears off? Will 15,015 people continue to flock to the MTS Centre to watch a terrible team lose?

They dont anywhere else. They wont in Winnipeg.

they did in Minnesota

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
Still a newish team. The shine was still there, and they did have that one playoff run. Lets see where things stand when that playoff drought extends to four-five-six years.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
jet228 said:
so I guess since you know everything about the MTS Centre... you also know it's was built to be easily reconfigured to grow to 17,100 seats... right?

No, it cant. And I would ask you to show me a link that would prove otherwise.

Did you also know that since Izzy Asper, Winnipeg resident and owner of Global, passed away and his son David took over... it has been suggested he may be part of the Jets renaissance... that's big money!

It has been suggested by hopeful people dreaming of the return of the Jets. They have named any and every person in Canada linked to Winnipeg as a possible owner. To the best of my knowledge, Izzy Asper has never once suggested he is interested in taking on an NHL club, and again, I would ask that you show me a link where he does state an interest.

Please don't think I'm some kind of jetsowner puppet who reads that site and only that site for my information on this subject. I was a die hard fan of the Jets, and I read about this subject everywhere I can. I just suggested jetsowner because it's a good resource for articles pertaining to this subject. Winnipeg was not the only city in Canada that was very worried about thier franchise in the mid to late 90's... remember that Calgary had thier struggles and Edmonton nearly lost thier team. It's a new world now in the NHL... the improved CBA coupled with the strong dollar means alot for EVERY Canadian franchise.

I'm sorry, but I've read Jetsowner long enough to know that it is not a good resource. As I said, it is a delusion powered by the internet.

You are right, the new CBA is a boon to the Canadian teams. More importantly, a strong loonie is what has changed the fortunes of all teams. Calgary and Edmonton barely survived the last time it tanked. If it did so again in the future, Winnipeg would not. Not with an undersized arena in an undersized market.

I'm not a fly by night fan, I consider myself to be very knowledgable of the events, so please don't blow off my posts as rediculous. I also understand that not everything you read on the internet is true.. but thanks for the heads up!

I'll continue to blow off jetsowner as a means of support as ridiculous, but otherwise I have not made any comment about your support, passion or desire. Rather, I respect it. I would like to see the Jets return, but quite frankly, I do not see it as likely. Certantly not until some other markets have had their chance. IMO, not within the next ten years at least, and in that time, the brand new MTS Centre will become just another arena.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Resolute said:
No, it cant. And I would ask you to show me a link that would prove otherwise..

Unfortnately, the site where I originally read about the expansion capability was on the construction site while MTS Centre was bieng built, so there's no link. Saying 'no it can't' is calling me a liar.

Resolute said:
It has been suggested by hopeful people dreaming of the return of the Jets. They have named any and every person in Canada linked to Winnipeg as a possible owner. To the best of my knowledge, Izzy Asper has never once suggested he is interested in taking on an NHL club, and again, I would ask that you show me a link where he does state an interest..

FYI Izzy asper is dead. I am talking about his son David, who according to Winnipeg Mayor Sam Katz, although not commiting to anything, was willing to listen and judge the situation after the CBA was resolved. Izzy was definitely NOT interested in supporting the NHL bid in Winnipeg. As for source... it was suggested by a very reputable sports writer... Scott Taylor in the June 15th edition of the Winnipeg Free Press

Resolute said:
I'm sorry, but I've read Jetsowner long enough to know that it is not a good resource. As I said, it is a delusion powered by the internet...

I am speaking of the links to articles outside of the site and newspaper clippings and videos posted to the site.

Resolute said:
I'll continue to blow off jetsowner as a means of support as ridiculous, but otherwise I have not made any comment about your support, passion or desire. Rather, I respect it. I would like to see the Jets return, but quite frankly, I do not see it as likely. Certantly not until some other markets have had their chance. IMO, not within the next ten years at least, and in that time, the brand new MTS Centre will become just another arena.

The MTS Centre is far nicer than the Saddledome, though I agree its somewhat smaller.

Squiddy*

Oct 24, 2005
Houston, Texas
Resolute said:
What happens if the Jets stink for seven years like the Flames did? Once the shine of having another NHL team wears off? Will 15,015 people continue to flock to the MTS Centre to watch a terrible team lose?

Nope, I've already seen it once in my life and I doubt that it will change. Winnipeg has always been a "what have you done for me lately" type of sports town. I think the NHL and all the canadians who feel like it is Bettman's duty to put a team in winnipeg should think about edmonton first. They need a new arena and a steady ownership, but that arena is key. I hope they get it because losing the oilers down the road will be far worse than losing two mediocre franchises that did not accomplish much in the national canadian scene.

Montrealer

What, me worry?
Dec 12, 2002
Chambly QC
jet228 said:
Unfortnately, the site where I originally read about the expansion capability was on the construction site while MTS Centre was bieng built, so there's no link. Saying 'no it can't' is calling me a liar.

Not to get into the middle of your spat, but I did some searching because I had never heard that MTS could be expanded to any more seats in a hockey configuration...

Found this on google. The link may die at any time... Google Cached Link:

Google Cached Link of MTS News Release said:
MTS Centre will feature seating for up to 15,015 for hockey and have a maximum capacity of 17,144 for centre stage concerts. The facility will boast superb acoustics, and the ability to host a wide array of entertainment, sports, performing arts and community events. MTS Centre will include fifty private suites and rental party suites, feature a theme restaurant and lounge, and will be home to the Manitoba Moose of the American Hockey League.

That's where you remembered the 17,100.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Hartford Courant
January 3rd, 2006
"Long-Shot Goal" By Shawn Courchesne
http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-nhlteam0103.artjan03,0,5455678.story?coll=hc-headlines-home

The finances extend well beyond even getting the new building, because the key to any arena or stadium in professional sports these days is the revenue stream that flows from corporate boxes.
A lot has changed since the Whalers last played in the Civic Center. Rentschler Field, home to the University of Connecticut's Division I-A football team, opened in 2003, and the team would continue to compete for that corporate dollar. The UConn facility has 38 luxury suites that sell for $50,000, but only 21 have sold.

As a 23 year CT resident who attended his first NHL game in person March 26th, 1988 a 4-0 Win by Hartford over St. Louis and went on to become a seven year season ticket holder for the Hartford Wolf*Pack...I have been truly disgusted by this thread because it reminded me of all the BS that I had to listen to during my years in CT from Whaler fans (and I was a HUGE Whalers fan) who simply will not accept the fact that the Whalers have left for Carolina and the NHL is not going to return any time soon.

Come up with whatever excuses you want to GWhale and others for not attending Wolf*Pack games, I don't care...your words will fall on deaf ears because my words about my many positive experiences with the Wolf*Pack (especially during the 1999-2000 season when the Wolf*Pack brought Hartford it's first and only Hockey Championship) will get the same treatment from you.

It is truly disgraceful to think that there are still Whalers fans in CT that actively cheer against the Wolf*Pack solely for the purpose of trying to undermine the franchise in hopes that if they do...then magically they will be one step closer to the NHL returning to the city. Why in the world do you think that the NHL would even consider relocating a team to a city whose hockey fans cannot support the only game in town (and please don't mention the Sound Tigers or Trashers since they are not in the Hartford area, but closer to Long Island and New York respectively)? I just don't get it? Build it and they will come? What is the thinking? I remember many half empty nights at the Civic Center. I remember the only sellouts being Rangers and Bruins games where more than half the arena was wearing the visitors colors, including many Whalers fans switching jerseys for those games. I remember spending many hours in the Civic Center watching my beloved Whalers till the final buzzer regardless of the outcome. I remember the atmosphere at the 1994 NHL Entry Draft. Yeah, there were good times with the Whalers, but now that's over.

A funny thing happened to me when I attended the final Whalers game...I had bought two tickets in the nosebleeds directly underneath #'s 2, 9, and 19 hanging in the rafters and brought my best friend to the game. We showed up really early and got to our seats as soon as they opened the doors. While we sat there prior to warmups a couple of older men sat behind us and they began talking about their experiences with the Whalers. Throughout the game they recalled their memories of the teams that had passed through Hartford since the Whalers moved from Boston many years ago. They enjoyed being at the final game as it brought closure to them. My friend and I both sat there watching the game and cheering on our Whalers long after the final buzzer had sounded, the players circled the ice, and Kevin Dineen addressed the crowd. But we both had a feeling of incompleteness because neither one of us could look back and say that we were there from the beginning of the franchise.

Now that summer I had a tough decision to make...Like so many Hartford hockey fans, I had sworn up and down that I would never attend a Wolf*Pack game...that would just be an insult. Heck, we didn't even know if it would be AHL or IHL hockey that we got the upcoming year. But after a lot of thought I made a choice to work as hard as I could to save enough money to by season tickets. I decided that there was a golden opportunity to be with a franchise from the beginning...to be there from Day 1. I did it. I got in at the ground level and I'm extremely glad that I did because I spent hundreds of nights at the Civic Center cheering on MY team...the Hartford Wolf*Pack. Cheering on my captain...Ken Gernander. Cheering on my players...Derek Armstrong, PJ Stock, Dan Cloutier, Marc Savard, etc. I will never forget those that came before them, Ronnie Francis, Kevin Dineen, Ulfie Samuelsson, Mike Luit, Sean Burke, etc...but I will not let the past stand in the way of the present or the future.

Now that I'm in Nashville...one of those Southern small-market cities that "don't deserve an NHL franchise"...I'm extremely happy to be back in the NHL. But I truly missed live professional hockey last season and was very disappointed that I couldn't see the Wolf*Pack throughout the season. This season I became an NHL season-ticket holder for the first time and I'm loving it. I love the energy that's in the building and enjoy watching NHL hockey again. That's not a knock on the AHL at all, but it's truly different. Would I trade the NHL for the AHL? Definitely! But I'm a realist too and simply don't see the market existing in the State of Connecticut if for no other reason than its geographic proximity to three NHL franchises with long established fan bases. Being in the middle of two Original Six teams and a '72 expansion team with four Stanley Cup titles is not going to help a NEW NHL team in Hartford succeed. How many casual Whalers fans have pledged new allegiances? How many causal Hartford hockey fans were turned off of the sport all together in the past ten years? You can argue that there has been a turnover of people in the state, but seriously...where are these fans going to come from to fill the arena, buy the merchandise, and otherwise support the team? Where is the corporate support going to come from? UConn cannot sell out their luxary boxes at the Rent for college football, but a new NHL team is going to garner such corporate support that they simply can't pass up Hartford? I think not.

Final note. Remember how Robert Kraft was bringing the Patriots to town in the late-90's? It was a done deal! The Patriots were coming to town. Yeah, right. We, the residents of the State of Connecticut, got used. Massachusetts came up with the funding and the Patriots got a new stadium in Foxboro and what do you know...in the meantime they've won three (?) Super Bowl titles. Funny how things work out.

Don't hold your breath coming back to Hartford any time in the near future and shame on all the people that are currently lobbying for the Wolf*Pack to move out of town. Hartford hockey fans had their team yanked out from them once by Pony Tail, but now those same fans who've decided to support Hartford Hockey have to face that same reality again after eight plus years of winning hockey because a vocal minority wants to throw everything they have into this pipe-dream they call the NHL's return to Hartford.

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
Resolute said:
It has been suggested by hopeful people dreaming of the return of the Jets. They have named any and every person in Canada linked to Winnipeg as a possible owner. To the best of my knowledge, Izzy Asper has never once suggested he is interested in taking on an NHL club, and again, I would ask that you show me a link where he does state an interest.
http://beerforbreakfast.org/Jets/The_Sun_Feb_13_C.jpg (large jpg file, a scan of the Winnipeg Sun article).

I'll save you the trouble of clicking on it:
"If it makes sense, I think there would be a high level of interest among people who can afford to invest in a hockey team to do so in this city. There are a lot of people and I'd probably have some interest in exploring the feasibility of it" - David Asper, Winnipeg Sun, Feb 13, 2004

And he's not the only one: Wellington West Capital CEO Charlie Spiring is also on the record as being interested: he's the head of a $1B (that's billion) capital investment firm based in Winnipeg.

As far as the business climate in Winnipeg goes, don't believe everything you hear about how Winnipeg is such a bad place to do business. A very business-friendly mayor is in place (he reduced business taxes in the downtown core by 2% last spring, with a plan to eliminate them altogether in 4 years), and the city's economic health indicators - like unemployment rate, new housing starts, population growth - have all improved dramatically in the last 2 years. The economics in the city are changing rapidly, and it's a little irksome to hear people continue to spout the same hearsay about Winnipeg's "bad business community" like it's the gospel truth.

GWhale*

Apparently, in the years since I last followed the NHL, the fans have changed from nice knoledgable people who take our their aggressions on the ice playing the sport, and having a couple beers in the locker room.... to loudmouth southerners who take out their aggressions on internet messageboards. If this thread is any indication.

If Hartford does get the NHL back.. one thing is sure, it won't be as fun as it used to be. Sometimes I wonder why I even care. The one rule I'll follow is that I won't buy tickets just to please an owners' threats. The whole "buy tickets or we're going to move" thing didn't fly in Connecticut, thankfully. I'll buy tickets if I find the product is worth paying for, and staying home in protest to a crap team is always an option. Sorry, NHL, but I have integrity. I'm not going to try and compete with the clowns of our cities just because we're competing for the honour of having a team in your league. I'm not going to support a Peter Karmanos-type owner, ever.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
jamiebez said:
http://beerforbreakfast.org/Jets/The_Sun_Feb_13_C.jpg (large jpg file, a scan of the Winnipeg Sun article).

I'll save you the trouble of clicking on it:
"If it makes sense, I think there would be a high level of interest among people who can afford to invest in a hockey team to do so in this city. There are a lot of people and I'd probably have some interest in exploring the feasibility of it" - David Asper, Winnipeg Sun, Feb 13, 2004

And he's not the only one: Wellington West Capital CEO Charlie Spiring is also on the record as being interested: he's the head of a $1B (that's billion) capital investment firm based in Winnipeg.

As far as the business climate in Winnipeg goes, don't believe everything you hear about how Winnipeg is such a bad place to do business. A very business-friendly mayor is in place (he reduced business taxes in the downtown core by 2% last spring, with a plan to eliminate them altogether in 4 years), and the city's economic health indicators - like unemployment rate, new housing starts, population growth - have all improved dramatically in the last 2 years. The economics in the city are changing rapidly, and it's a little irksome to hear people continue to spout the same hearsay about Winnipeg's "bad business community" like it's the gospel truth.

THANK YOU for your help! I felt like a man on my own on this board! I had all these facts about the situation but unfortunately didn't have any links for them... as for the size of the MTS centre and expansion ability... Montrealer posted something that said that it could be expanded to 17,000 for concerts, which I already kenw about. I also remember that when the place was being built, it was said on the construction site that the building could be expanded to 17,000 for hockey too. Do you remember this and do you know of a link to this info? Thanks!

I can't wait till the NHL comes back to Winnipeg so we can prove all the naysayers wrong! As an aside, isn't it depressing to see the Winnipeg Arena being torn down?

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
jet228 said:
THANK YOU for your help! I felt like a man on my own on this board! I had all these facts about the situation but unfortunately didn't have any links for them... as for the size of the MTS centre and expansion ability... Montrealer posted something that said that it could be expanded to 17,000 for concerts, which I already kenw about. I also remember that when the place was being built, it was said on the construction site that the building could be expanded to 17,000 for hockey too. Do you remember this and do you know of a link to this info? Thanks!
Sorry, I don't. I've been under the impression that they could cram maybe 500-1000 more seats in there, but that's about it with the existing architecture. Anything more would necessitate a major engineering project, and they'd likely have to close at least one city street. There have been many threads on this at the discussion forums at jetsowner.com.

jet228 said:
I can't wait till the NHL comes back to Winnipeg so we can prove all the naysayers wrong! As an aside, isn't it depressing to see the Winnipeg Arena being torn down?
It is sad, but it was a long time in coming. If they'd done this in 1979 we might not be having this debate right now ;)

Got me a seat from the old barn last Christmas!

Montrealer

What, me worry?
Dec 12, 2002
Chambly QC
jet228 said:
Montrealer posted something that said that it could be expanded to 17,000 for concerts, which I already kenw about. I also remember that when the place was being built, it was said on the construction site that the building could be expanded to 17,000 for hockey too.

Just a clarification; they said it could be 17,100 for concerts because people can sit in front of the stage... that's impossible for hockey unless people can sit on the ice.

Honestly, I think the current capacity would be doable for a NHL team if ticket prices are high enough and demand is high enough; the luxury boxes are more important than 1,500 extra seats to be honest. If you can add boxes the more the better.

Squiddy*

Oct 24, 2005
Houston, Texas
GWhale said:
Apparently, in the years since I last followed the NHL, the fans have changed from nice knoledgable people who take our their aggressions on the ice playing the sport, and having a couple beers in the locker room.... to loudmouth southerners who take out their aggressions on internet messageboards. If this thread is any indication.

If Hartford does get the NHL back.. one thing is sure, it won't be as fun as it used to be. Sometimes I wonder why I even care. The one rule I'll follow is that I won't buy tickets just to please an owners' threats. The whole "buy tickets or we're going to move" thing didn't fly in Connecticut, thankfully. I'll buy tickets if I find the product is worth paying for, and staying home in protest to a crap team is always an option. Sorry, NHL, but I have integrity. I'm not going to try and compete with the clowns of our cities just because we're competing for the honour of having a team in your league. I'm not going to support a Peter Karmanos-type owner, ever.

Why do you make it seem like the NHL has anything to do with a team's owner. All they do is approve the move..

Sorry, but YOU should know this Mr Know It All. Nice way to trash the loud mouth southerners.. when there are plenty of more loud mouth notherners.

Let me ask you this GWhale.. If you do get a new arena who is going to televise the game? NESN? That was another issue with the whale. Don't forget Corporate support either.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
GWhale said:

Umm...I'm 24. Lived in CT for the first 23 years of my life. Don't understand how I can be a "loud-mouth southerner". Nice stereotype though, just doesn't fit...sorry.

Think of it this way...you're passionate about the Wolf*Pack being driven out of town as soon as possible so that another AHL team potentially owned by "Hartford savior" Howard Baldwin can come in and maybe call themselves the Whalers to reconnect with the disgruntled fans and hopefully get the attention of the NHL. I'm as equally passionate about the Wolf*Pack staying in place and continuing to provide winning hockey in Hartford. Honestly, I just don't feel that there is anyway the NHL is going to return to Hartford...especially with the weak support for hockey in the market the past 10 years.

The Civic Center is very outdated and needs to be replaced. Building a new arena simply isn't going to get the NHL to come to town. As was stated in that article from today's Courant...the NHL finances have changed. Your complaining about $19 seats for the Wolf*Pack? Yeah, that's high for the AHL, but needed to survive in the Hartford market. What type of seat are you going to get for $19 in the NHL? Do you seriously think that the current season-ticket holders in CT (the Wolf*Pack season-ticket holders) are going to be able to afford an increase of nearly four times what they are currently paying to retain their seats just to watch NHL hockey again? I don't think so. The Wolf*Pack opened the doors to a lot of longtime hockey fans to attend more hockey games at a more affordable rate. They fill the void and have been committed to putting a winning product on the ice every season. I just don't get your infatuation with the fact that they are the Rangers AHL affiliate and therefore you simply won't attend their games. I guess you attended the Beast of New Haven games because they were the Carolina affiliate? Personally, I for one cut ties with that organization as soon as they left Hartford and garner a deep resentiment for that organization. But hey, that's just me.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
GWhale said:

Let me ask you one thing. Very seriously, I'm intrigued by this quote and would like clarification. If the NHL returned to Hartford and the team was called the Whalers and they wore the familiar blue and green...would you be a season-ticket holder?

I'm confused because you are so passionately saying how there is a market in CT for NHL hockey, but above you sound like someone who just wants NHL hockey in town so that you can go to games here and there and that was one of the problems when the Whalers were there the first time around.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Squiddy said:
Sorry, but YOU should know this Mr Know It All. Nice way to trash the loud mouth southerners.. when there are plenty of more loud mouth notherners.

As you can attest to...I'm what they call a "transplant" down here. One of those damn Yankees invading the beloved South. :biglaugh:

GWhale*

Squiddy said:
Let me ask you this GWhale.. If you do get a new arena who is going to televise the game? NESN? That was another issue with the whale. Don't forget Corporate support either.

Could care less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad