The return of Dustin Brown

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
He's hitting and none are borderline dirty.

He still embellishes though.

Oh I don't know about the dirty part I hardly ever watch the Kings but I remember when Brown had over 350 hits per season and was a tough player to play against.

The 2012 Western conference battle is still one of my favorite.

Reactions: King'sPawn

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Is it him or the system under new management or both?

Both.

The system emphasizes center attack and creativity. The Kings are a lot less predictable and making more east-west puck movements, as opposed to relying almost exclusively on the boards.

Brown is playing more relaxed and with more confidence. He's attacking the net more, too.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Both.

The system emphasizes center attack and creativity. The Kings are a lot less predictable and making more east-west puck movements, as opposed to relying almost exclusively on the boards.

Brown is playing more relaxed and with more confidence. He's attacking the net more, too.

I'm sure it must be a huge relief to him.

He hasn't had an easy ride these last few years.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I'm sure it must be a huge relief to him.

He hasn't had an easy ride these last few years.

He honestly hasn't. I am of course forever grateful of Sutter bringing a cup to the Kings, but he also has a short shelf life given his high demand on the style of play.

Stevens is more of a player coach, who still wants defense. They've also hired Pierre Turgeon as an "offensive coordinator" to help with the offense.

Kopitar's also having a big bounce back season so far as a consequence.

Reactions: NyQuil

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Oh I don't know about the dirty part I hardly ever watch the Kings but I remember when Brown had over 350 hits per season and was a tough player to play against.

The 2012 Western conference battle is still one of my favorite.

He's getting 6-8 shots a game with 3-7 hits . It's unbelievable right now. He's on a mission and he's backkkk it's what we needed. Sutter and Brown didn't see eye to eye so I'm not surprised

Reactions: SantaClaus

SourTemplePilot

Go Stars!!
Oct 10, 2017
Dallas, TX
I'm almost shocked to see him playing like this to start the season. It's like he turned back the clock 6-7 years. Clearly, Stevens had a new plan for him. Question is will his contract be one of the worst in the league if he sustains this level of production. Makes you think..

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I'm almost shocked to see him playing like this to start the season. It's like he turned back the clock 6-7 years. Clearly, Stevens had a new plan for him. Question is will his contract be one of the worst in the league if he sustains this level of production. Makes you think..
Carey Price.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
The coach with whom he captained the team to 2 Stanley Cups? Yeah Sutter is such a terrible coach.
lmao talk about twisting my words. Sutter won us two cups in 3 years however the last 3 years we didn't do that well. It is well known to king fans that Sutter and Brown didn't get along. Browns ice time went down He was moved from playing with kopitar. Sutter had over stayed his usefulness in la.

The Big Giant Head

Mar 27, 2009
So-Cal
I said this on the Kings boards so i'll say it here. As much as i loved Sutter and what he did for us, he completely neutered Brown. Brown and Kopi have been on the team together since they were rookies and they've always had great chemistry but after Brown's decline in play in 2014 he started throwing Brown with the bottom 6 players and doing this constant rotating wingers thing for Kopi. It got beyond frustrating watching Kopi get paired up with so many different wingers and watch Brown waste away in the bottom 6. That not to say Brown didnt deserve some criticism but he basically was thrown in to the dog house permanently.

Brown has be rejuvenated and reunited with Kopi and their chemistry wasnt obvious before, after tonight's game, it should be completely obvious. Brown and Kopi both play better with each other and now that Stevens is in charge and has opened up the game for them which has given the chances to show what they can do.

Also...RIGHT NOW....Robitaille and Blake look like geniuses for firing Sutter and Deano. A lot of fans were pissed and scratching their heads but if things continue like this then what else can you say about them

Winger23

May 3, 2007
That’s got to be a huge part of it not to discredit him but Kopitar was determined to have a comeback season and I could see him also motivating brown to do the same.
Not taking anything away from DB though.

It's not solely because of kopi. Kopi is off to a hot start as well because of brown. Honestly they are both feeding off the rookie on their line. Watch kopi's 2nd goal tonight, awesome assist from brown all because of the rookie chasing the puck down.

Reactions: PuckTenderizingMeat

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
He's a very good coach with a very short shelf life.
Indeed. I heard talks from Jets fans about wanting Sutter hired (mostly because of how bad PoMo is, and rightfully so). He would not do that team any good, last thing the Jets need is their offensively dynamic forwards stifled by Sutter's grinding system.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Of course he will eventually slow down. Its a good thing that people finally notice that Brown is still a NHL regular for any team.

Too many people were checking hockeydatabase.com to talk **** about Brown the last few years.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Indeed. I heard talks from Jets fans about wanting Sutter hired (mostly because of how bad PoMo is, and rightfully so). He would not do that team any good, last thing the Jets need is their offensively dynamic forwards stifled by Sutter's grinding system.

I really do think Sutter would provide structure to a team that needs it. And they're a heavy team who could play his system well. I just think it would be a narrow window of success.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
giphy.gif

Reactions: TychoFan

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I really do think Sutter would provide structure to a team that needs it. And they're a heavy team who could play his system well. I just think it would be a narrow window of success.

Two things.

1. Sutter will be a nightmare for Laine, they don't need Sutter to stutter the offensive players they have.
2. The jets need structure, but that doesn't mean they need to implode their offense which Sutter would do.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Two things.

1. Sutter will be a nightmare for Laine, they don't need Sutter to stutter the offensive players they have.
2. The jets need structure, but that doesn't mean they need to implode their offense which Sutter would do.

Overstated myth.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
When was he stripped of the C? I must have totally missed that, I was watching the Kings the other day and not only does Anze have the C but Brown doesn't even have a letter? I always found that really shitty thing to do, same with Jumbo in SJS.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00