GDT: The Return of Cole - Penguins @ Blue Jackets @ 19:00EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It doesn't HAVE to be that way. But it probably will.

Odds are
giphy.gif

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Actually with the new lottery the way it is, we have a better chance at re-tooling on the fly to keep things going.

Could finish 10th worst and get into the top 3 during any of those years.

For what it's worth I think the entire organization and fan base will be hungover for a few years and possibly enter severe depression when Sid and Geno leave.
Just way to many memories to just move on from them not playing in the league any longer.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah. And honestly it'll be really bad for those of us that endured the Dark Era. Those were... indescribably bad years of hockey. Ryan Malone, Rico Fata and Dick Tarnstrom were very often the guys we hung our hats on, here. Having to go back to that after all this would suuuuuuuuuck.

Though frankly, especially under a cap system and (hopefully) stable ownership moving forward... I doubt it will ever get THAT bad, again. I mean... when you are looking at Ramzi Abid as your hopeful power forward wing prospect... shit is lean.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Yeah. And honestly it'll be really bad for those of us that endured the Dark Era. Those were... indescribably bad years of hockey. Ryan Malone, Rico Fata and Dick Tarnstrom were very often the guys we hung our hats on, here. Having to go back to that after all this would suuuuuuuuuck.

Though frankly, especially under a cap system and (hopefully) stable ownership moving forward... I doubt it will ever get THAT bad, again. I mean... when you are looking at Ramzi Abid as your hopeful power forward wing prospect... **** is lean.

I was super upset when Kovalev left. I loved that guy.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I wonder if Murray's going to get back to back starts again if we lose tonight.

If we win, I could see DeSmith get the Ottawa start. But if we lose tonight, we sort of need the win tomorrow to keep any shot at home ice alive.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I was super upset when Kovalev left. I loved that guy.

Me too. I'd maybe even say he was probably my favorite of that weird in-between era before the dark years.

I always loved Jagr, despite the warts, of course. But it was tough to NOT see he wasn't going to be around much longer. Regardless of what he has said years later. And Kovy was a different kind of player, anyway. In some ways smoother than Jags. Certainly a deadlier shooter. I'll never forget the moonwalk...

But yeah... everyone harps about how horrible the Jagr deal was. The Kovalev deal was the REAL stinker.

Reactions: shoplifter

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
How long before someone loses their shit?

Calling it, Ian Cole scores with Crosby and Letang on the ice.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
I expect Columbus's fake tough guys like Dubinsky and Jenner try to get under the skin of our stars...

You know Torts is making this game into something wayyy bigger than what it is..

Reactions: Beau Knows

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
For what it's worth I think the entire organization and fan base will be hungover for a few years and possibly enter severe depression when Sid and Geno leave.
Just way to many memories to just move on from them not playing in the league any longer.

We need some more gratitude....everyone does...

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Me too. I'd maybe even say he was probably my favorite of that weird in-between era before the dark years.

I always loved Jagr, despite the warts, of course. But it was tough to NOT see he wasn't going to be around much longer. Regardless of what he has said years later. And Kovy was a different kind of player, anyway. In some ways smoother than Jags. Certainly a deadlier shooter. I'll never forget the moonwalk...

But yeah... everyone harps about how horrible the Jagr deal was. The Kovalev deal was the REAL stinker.

I just loved his cut into the center and ripping those wristers.
The moonwalk! LOL, I forgot about that. Classic.
CpFIe.gif

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Of course the CBJ pregame has to show Crosby getting mauled by the goon squad.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Im actually looking forward to seeing how this team looks without Malkin and Crosby, Will be fun. I don't think they'll be bad once they retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad