Status
Not open for further replies.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
:pens v :cbj

We can clinch second in the Metro tonight if we win and New Jersey lose

Blue Jackets can clinch a place in playoffs if they take one point or Florida loses to Boston

New Dad Horny (congrats on your Daughter) is on a five game streak with a goal in the last three

The breadman is on a (bread)roll ;) with a four game point streak

No idea about the line-up as Dumoulin, Schultz, Sheahan, Letang, Hagelin, Kessel and Crosby all took the option and Brassard is still a Penguin, I mean injured :( CBJ did not hold a morning skate.
LGP and don't be nice to Ian Cole tonight, he is now the enemy :cf:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ugene Malkin

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Did I hear Ruh is in for Hunwick?

For all the garbage we've been given Hunwick (rightfully so) he seemed to settle in ok with Olek these past few games

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Time to see if that switch actually exists

Indeed. Should be a phenomenal game if both teams come in playoff mode.

Sadly, this is one of the few games in Columbus that I'll miss. LET'S DO THIS TEAM

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We need to play with a sense of urgency in every facet and capacity of our game. Here's hoping we see a complete team effort tonight.

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
Tonight is the first meaningful test for this lineup. We'll learn a lot about our chances tonight. We don't necessarily have to win but we need to see sixty minutes of effort.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Payoffs are a different animal but tonight the Pens need to be on what ever their A game is right now. The issue is since the TDL. what exactly is their A game?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I too will be interested to see which teams shows up...

my dream scenario is....5-0 blow out win, Murray’s rebound control is awesome, forwards with a smothering forecheck, good pressure with their sticks and, of course, a hat trick for G and at least four points so he can ride off with another 100-point RS....

My concerned reality check....4-2 CBJ win in which we play fairly well but we make 5-6 mistakes, most of which promptly end up in the back of the net, and all the while we are shooting like crazy at Bob and hitting our usual posts and he’s making lucky saves.

If that reminds you of the Caps game, it should: no luck, bad PDO, defensive breakdowns and average to below average goaltending....that’s been the microcosm of our season overall....I really hope it changes

EDIT...Korpy is playing it looks like, not Bob...now we have to add the dreaded backup curse on top of everything else!

Last edited:

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
Anyone know how Cole is doing for CBJ? I haven't heard anything.

I'll also miss this game because I'll actually be at the Flyers game.. HA! My work got free box tickets to the game

Cole is better than the other options available. The Savard/Johnson pairing this season was NOT getting it done. The Cole/Savard combo seems to be working well. They have also been referred to as the "lumber jackets". (It is a visual thing, wait until game time if necessary.)

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
So:

Plusses if we win:

1) Can lock up home ice vs Ottawa

Plusses if we lose:

1) Less chance of playing the Devils

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
This game honestly means nothing

Also, if the Penguins abuse Ian Cole does anybody hear it?

Is it life or death? No. But to say it means nothing is a bit much. Pens could singlehandedly put a strangehold on 2nd place AND ensure Columbus can't catch them with a win tonight.

I'd say a chance to secure 2nd in the division rather than potentially fall to a wildcard spot is somewhat important.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Is it life or death? No. But to say it means nothing is a bit much. Pens could singlehandedly put a strangehold on 2nd place AND ensure Columbus can't catch them with a win tonight.

I'd say a chance to secure 2nd in the division rather than potentially fall to a wildcard spot is somewhat important.

I guess, I don’t really see home ice advantage making or breaking the Pens this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->