GDT: The Return of Cole - Penguins @ Blue Jackets @ 19:00EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
This game honestly means nothing

Also, if the Penguins abuse Ian Cole does anybody hear it?

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

29-9-2 at home
16-20-4 on road

2017-2018 Columbus Blue Jackets

26-12-2
19-17-4

It seems to mean more than nothing.

Also, many Jackets fans think this is the biggest regular season game in the history of their franchise. I hope the Pens don't come out with the same attitude.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I guess, I don’t really see home ice advantage making or breaking the Pens this year.
You know it's kind of interesting, kind of a double whammy either way. If we win tonight on the road our reward is likely home ice, but we have to win on the road to do it, so that'd be a big positive in both capacities. Conversely, if we lose, we'll likely start on the road, and a game we'd like to win we couldn't, so that's a pretty big negative on two fronts.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Yeah why not give yourself better odds?
I think it's important for the reasons I cited in a previous post. At some point the excuses need to stop and some of the players need to step up and play solid fundamental hockey. We have two games left, enough with the uneven efforts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bingo71

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

29-9-2 at home
16-20-4 on road

2017-2018 Columbus Blue Jackets

26-12-2
19-17-4

It seems to mean more than nothing.

Also, many Jackets fans think this is the biggest regular season game in the history of their franchise. I hope the Pens don't come out with the same attitude.

They played two less back to backs then us. I’m also not really worried about the Jackets win three more road games than us in the regular season.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
You know it's kind of interesting, kind of a double whammy either way. If we win tonight on the road our reward is likely home ice, but we have to win on the road to do it, so that'd be a big positive in both capacities. Conversely, if we lose, we'll likely start on the road, and a game we'd like to win we couldn't, so that's a pretty big negative on two fronts.

We can’t win road games now? Interesting..

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We can’t win road games now? Interesting..
No, what I suggested was if we can't win tonight we'll likely start on the road, which this season has been an uphill battle. If we win tonight we like gain home ice, but also prove we can beat a good team in a hostile environment, so that's doubly positive.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
They played two less back to backs then us. I’m also not really worried about the Jackets win three more road games than us in the regular season.

The point was that both teams have been notably better at home this season. If you don't care, that's fine, but don't act like others are crazy for preferring home ice in the playoffs. You're just being super combative for no apparent reason.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
The point was that both teams have been notably better at home this season. If you don't care, that's fine, but don't act like others are crazy for preferring home ice in the playoffs. You're just being super combative for no apparent reason.

I’m not being combative. Home ice has been time and time again proven to have little relevance on the NHL playoffs.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
No, what I suggested was if we can't win tonight we'll likely start on the road, which this season has been an uphill battle. If we win tonight we like gain home ice, but also prove we can beat a good team in a hostile environment, so that's doubly positive.

Back to backs have been heavily weighed on the road this season. I see no reason to be convinced by those numbers. Five losses in back to backs in regulations on the road.

Our road record is nearly identical to Nashville’s last year.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Agreed, home ice is always a good variable to have in your favor. You sleep in your own bed, the other team has to travel to your barn, although against the jackets that wouldn't be overly cumbersome, but still the comforts of home everything else being equal, is a positive.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Back to backs have been heavily weighed on the road this season. I see no reason to be convinced by those numbers.
I'm convinced by the piss poor performances throughout this season. Fortunately in tonights tilt there is no such excuse, we have had three days off. So hopefully there won't be any excuses. Just good results!

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Agreed, home ice is always a good variable to have in your favor. You sleep in your own bed, the other team has to travel to your barn, although against the jackets that wouldn't be overly cumbersome, but still the comforts of home everything else being equal, is a positive.

Except for that whole argument of teams making players not sleep in their own bed because they believe it makes the players to comfortable.

Everything I’ve seen regarding playoff advantage in the NHL is mainly 50-50. It has no impact.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If he's not hurt or sick then that's just an odd decision by Tortz.

No it’s not...same reason the Caps did it...both Bob and Holtby have been bad against the Pens...CBJ like the Caps want to see if they have a better option on the payroll..not all that hard to figure out...

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Except for that whole argument of teams making players not sleep in their own bed because they believe it makes the players to comfortable.

Everything I’ve seen regarding playoff advantage in the NHL is mainly 50-50. It has no impact.
Well then I guess tonights game is meaningless to you. I see it very differently. I don't want us backing into the playoffs, didn't work out well in 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad