Rumor: The return of Blasty? (reverse retro thread)

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
We are such a Mickey Mouse organization.

it would have been a spectacular shoulder patch, as a main jersey... just no

Last edited:
Reactions: Nanuuk

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
We are such a Mickey Mouse organization.

k would have been a spectacular shoulder patch, as a main jersey... just no
How so? Because you don’t like it?

Seems to me the Flames and their marketing team had their finger on the pulse of what the majority of fans wanted. Sure it’s a super divisive design (people love it or hate it), but it should sell very well.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
How so? Because you don’t like it?

Seems to me the Flames and their marketing team had their finger on the pulse of what the majority of fans wanted. Sure it’s a super divisive design (people love it or hate it), but it should sell very well.

I get that. It’s just such a poor design. Graphic design is such a cool thing... we have such a cool colour scheme. Like if that was the shoulder with a white or red crest, those would beautiful...

I just think it doesn’t belong in the NHL but I get it because it will make some $ in hard times

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I get that. It’s just such a poor design. Graphic design is such a cool thing... we have such a cool colour scheme. Like if that was the shoulder with a white or red crest, those would beautiful...

I just think it doesn’t belong in the NHL but I get it because it will make some $ in hard times
Fair enough. I’m in the camp that loves blasty so I’m clearly biased too

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
A black blasty with silver outline and yellow flames on a red jersey would have been dope.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Blasty takes me back to the old Young Guns Era and Captain Todd Simpson... Those were the sans days.

dec-1998-defenseman-todd-simpson-of-the-calgary-flames-in-action-a-picture-id399057

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Definitely buying one, just can't decide on who to get.
My current jersey's are a couple of Gaudreau, one Monahan, Heritage Classic I got Gio.

Really not sure who to get, definitely not getting any of the above since I already am set with them.
Ras, Vali, Dube, Chucky, Markstrom, Lindholm, all good choices.
Decisions, decisions.
The Baerstchi “Calgary” jersey hanging in my closet pleads with you to hold off on guys like Dube and Vali :laugh: :facepalm:

Reactions: Boomstick

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
The Athletic's article going over all the jersey reveals mentioned Flames fans specifically when talking about Blasty and how Blasty was so popular amongst Flames fans that management wanted to give us what we wanted.

No other fan base was referenced when talking about any of the other jerseys.

Blasty is either hated by fans (those people are simply wrong) or loved more than anything. There's no in-between it seems.

I am very pleased. Even though my wallet will not be happy with me.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Last year's Home according to Wikipedia
Ah. I thought that jersey was toast tbh. And realistically, it would be odd for them to use it at all this year given our entire fanbase is comprised of people who either prefer the retro homes, prefer the blasty homes or prefer both.

Reactions: Iggys Dome

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Ah. I thought that jersey was toast tbh. And realistically, it would be odd for them to use it at all this year given our entire fanbase is comprised of people who either prefer the retro homes, prefer the blasty homes or prefer both.
Could be. Somebody probably just added the 2019 red to wiki because there was nothing else. Blasty will probably be the thirds. Everyone is calling the reverse retro the 4ths across the league because most teams have a third already

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Could be. Somebody probably just added the 2019 red to wiki because there was nothing else. Blasty will probably be the thirds. Everyone is calling the reverse retro the 4ths across the league because most teams have a third already

The press release when the Flames announced full retro did specifically state that the old home would become an alternate, but I imagine that this new alternate probably renders it obsolete.

Reactions: DirtDiver

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017

The Flames confirmed either the same day or just a couple days after news became official that they were going retro full-time that last years home jerseys would remain as this years 3rd jerseys.

Director of Marketing Ryan Popowich also confirmed that fact today, saying it's important to the Flames to have a black "C" as part of their jersey set, although he did also talk about the fact that he wants Blasty to be a permanent fixture of the Flames moving forward (thank God)

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Flames would be smart to re-design the 2019 homes and make it align with the striping of the retros. Put blasty on the shoulders and rock that as a 3rd. Keep blasty as a 4th.

Reactions: Jihadi Flames Fan

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I’d love for Blasty to be the 3rd. Always liked the 3rd to be something out of left field, the old home is boring af.

Reactions: Iggys Dome

beakerboy

Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
Hate Blasty. Why celebrate the Young Guns era, quite possibly the low point of the franchise in Calgary?

Heck, even going to an Atlanta uniform would've been better, paying tribute to the past etc.

But really, Scorch forever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad