Rumor: The return of Blasty? (reverse retro thread)

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
With the flames going full time retro home AND away this season and making many dreams come true, the whole "reverse retro" concept gets interesting. The flames new road jersey (white retro) would have been a slam dunk easy one for adidas to pull off, and likely a top 5 in the series. With that being said, the flames kind of beat them too it and now Adidas has to think outside the box when it comes to reverse retro in CGY.

Ive heard rumors (link below) that a white blasty jersey will the be the RR for CGY. My thoughts are 1.pretty cool idea, lots of fans loved (and hated) blasty. 2. is blasty retro???? Blasty was used as a 3rd from 98-00 and then as a full time road jersey from 00-03. Is 22 years retro?

Attachments

• reverse retro theory.jpg
    reverse retro theory.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 0

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I'm cool with a tacky alternate. As long as the regulars are nice, it's whatever

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Man, I loved Blasty. Especially the black ones. I'd be stoked for that

IGGY2JOHNNY

Apr 22, 2018

Could still be Blasty but I doubt it

Edit: wait nvm, I think it will be Blasty, read what they tweeted out wrong.

the color scheme with the yellow in the neck piece and also that weird squiggly line patch has me worried these could be the horrendous 98 Jerseys that had the random diagonal line coming from the bottom of the C across the Jersey. I REALLY hope I am wrong and it is blasty. The only thing is the blasty jerseys we had before were black so these wouldn’t be much of a ‘remix’. Most teams have been flipping the colors of their retro jerseys. We will see soon enough I guess

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I don't care much for Blasty, I think it's one of the ugliest logos, but I hope the people who do like enjoy the jersey.

FWIW I think the jersey could look pretty good in the Adidas style. Just don't like the logo.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Based on the first picture, there's a hint of a white logo creeping out from the chest.

I think it's going to be white, gold, black Blasty which is going to be interesting

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad