The Reality of the Habs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsInsider

Buy XRP.
Mar 2, 2013
Lately there's a lot of talk about our team and just how good they are. Some people are saying the Habs are just in a slump. Others say we are showing our true colors and have been overachieving, etc. This is my assessment:

Price and Budaj have been letting in a few weak goals but the problem is much bigger. For one, our soft and depleted D are unable to withstand fast, checking teams like the Penguins, Leafs and Flyers of the league. We have no depth to replace Diaz and Emelin going into the playoffs. Our goalies are being hung out to dry. Price is tired of having to work his @$$ off every night to steal games and picking up the slack for an average team.

Also, as a fan of hockey first, I have to say that our play is full of embellishment, diving and cheapshotting. This is why our team has been the laughing stock of the NHL for the past few years in this regard. Seems like we have 8 powerplays every game. Every time I watch the highlight reel of us scoring, we're on the PP. This isn't soccer where the opposing player sneezes on you and then you flop around like a trout. It's pathetic when I'm watching the game and see the Habs embellishing and diving. I like when we're on the PP but that kind of play is a disgrace to our organization and to the game and to the fans. Habs need to man up and stop making every team/fanbase in the league hate us.

And I give credit where credit is due...lots of Leaf fans chirping about beating us. They are the better team right now, and it shows. It's like men amongst boys when we play them. I can't help but feel pride about their team and like their players. I wish our guys had such pride and accountability in their game. We can't even beat a Penguins team without Crosby, Malkin, Neal, etc. The reason we are making the playoffs this year is, in all honesty, due to good goaltending and a ridiculous amount of PP's. That's how our D got so many goals. We should be modelling our team after the Bruins/Leafs which have some high end skill and also play physical with heart.

Sadly, I say we are eliminated in the first round, esp if we play the Leafs. They have our number historically and have exposed our team this year. I'm excited they're finally making the playoffs again but we're all going to have to hear about it now because their fans are everywhere and they are "Canada's Team". I never thought so before, but since Chris Hadfield said it...

Habs need to get bigger, tougher, and acquire more Canadian guys.

Last edited:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Lately there's a lot of talk about our team and just how good they are. Some people are saying the Habs are just in a slump. Others say we are showing our true colors and have been overachieving, etc. This is my assessment:

Price and Budaj have been letting in a few weak goals but the problem is much bigger. For one, our soft and depleted D are unable to withstand fast, checking teams like the Penguins, Leafs and Flyers of the league. We have no depth to replace Diaz and Emelin going into the playoffs. Our goalies are being hung out to dry. Price is tired of having to work his @$$ off every night to steal games and picking up the slack for an average team.

Also, as a fan of hockey first, I have to say that our play is full of embellishment, diving and cheapshotting. This is why our team has been the laughing stock of the NHL for the past few years in this regard. Seems like we have 8 powerplays every game. Every time I watch the highlight reel of us scoring, we're on the PP. This isn't soccer where the opposing player sneezes on you and then you flop around like a trout. It's pathetic when I'm watching the game and see the Habs embellishing and diving. I like when we're on the PP but that kind of play is a disgrace to our organization and to the game and to the fans. Habs need to man up and stop making every team/fanbase in the league hate us.

And I give credit where credit is due...lots of Leaf fans chirping about beating us. They are the better team right now, and it shows. It's like men amongst boys when we play them. I can't help but feel pride about their team and like their players. I wish our guys had such pride and accountability in their game. We can't even beat a Penguins team without Crosby, Malkin, Neal, etc. The reason we are making the playoffs this year is, in all honesty, due to good goaltending and a ridiculous amount of PP's. That's how our D got so many goals. We should be modelling our team after the Bruins/Leafs which have some high end skill and also play physical with heart.

Sadly, I say we are eliminated in the first round, esp if we play the Leafs. They have our number historically and have exposed our team this year. I'm excited they're finally making the playoffs again but we're all going to have to hear about it now because their fans are everywhere and they are "Canada's Team". I never thought so before, but since Chris Hadfield said it...

Habs need to get bigger, tougher, and acquire more Canadian guys, hopefully from out West or Toronto-area.

not a single team has enough depth to replace two top 4 D.

SherbrookeW

Nov 20, 2007
Yeah, right. That's always been the solution for the Habs: get more big guys from Toronto. Please stop this trolling.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
I stopped after I few sentences. You sir have no idea what your talking about

Last edited:

HabsInsider

Buy XRP.
Mar 2, 2013
It's been true in recent years, maybe not much of this season, that Carey Price has held us in games and stolen us games. I simply believe that this season he's getting fed up with it when the team has played poorly infront of him.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
It's been true in recent years, maybe not much of this season, that Carey Price has held us in games and stolen us games. I simply believe that this season he's getting fed up with it when the team has played poorly infront of him.

Fed up with what? We've had one very bad week in a whole season. Why the **** would he be fed up? Jesus, your thread is a steaming pile of **** made to troll us. Gtfo pls.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Habs need to acquire more Russians. Just trolling, even if I mean it. But that thread is a troll thread anyway. Go habs go ! The playoffs is the real season. Stop wetting your dipers boys.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Habs need to acquire more Russians. Just trolling, even if I mean it. But that thread is a troll thread anyway. Go habs go ! The playoffs is the real season. Stop wetting your dipers boys.

We have two and half, more than a lot of teams. :)

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Diaz will be back for the playoffs! Why do people keep pretending like we'll be going into the playoffs without him?

And the rest of this post is garbage, it looks like a Leafs fan tried to analyse our team.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Habs should have a reserve team of 23 players as good as the current roster of 23 so that injuries can be easily replaced.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

Sure buddy, sure what ever makes you happy

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Anyone who says the Leafs are better than us needs to have his head examined, quite frankly. The Leafs are riding an unbelievable wave of puck luck this short season. Their shooting percentage is a ridiculous 2.5 points above the league average, or more than 2 full standard deviations from said average. In any other measure, the Leafs rank near the bottom of the league. Shots for/against, Fenwick for/against, Corsi for/against. Last, last, second-last. Those horseshoes have to fall out of their posteriors eventually. I'll quite enjoy the wreckage when they do. It just may not be this season.

Hell, just look at that 5-1 fiasco. 4 goals on 5 shots in one period. That kind of crap gets normalized out over 82 games. The Leafs have somehow kept it afloat for 40 and will get across the 48 line. No way, no how, they replicate this foolishness next season.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'd like to think that the Habs play of late is an aberration...it's rare that you'll see an entire team, from top to bottom, each and every single player, get into a slump at the same exact time.

The Habs clinched their playoff spot in a bit of a laugher against the Sabres and I think mentally, even though no player will ever admit it, but a sense of accomplishment set in and they all became a bit lax.

This team has shown me too many good things this year for me to believe that somehow, after 40+ games, they're just now showing their true colors.

This might be the slap in the face they needed...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

Habs need to get bigger, tougher, and acquire more Canadian guys.

Price has been working his a$$ off all year stealing games? :laugh:

I'm a Price fan but that line was downright comical.

...and I thought the Hbas had knowedgeable fans.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
The Habs get more powerplays because they are faster than most teams, NOT because they embellish... Being objective is not the same as being right. You're wrong.

Also, the Habs have more fans. They were actually voted as Canada's team. No one likes the Leafs... this guy is definitely a Leafs fan trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad