The Reality of the Habs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011
Lately there's a lot of talk about our team and just how good they are. Some people are saying the Habs are just in a slump. Others say we are showing our true colors and have been overachieving, etc. This is my assessment:

Price and Budaj have been letting in a few weak goals but the problem is much bigger. For one, our soft and depleted D are unable to withstand fast, checking teams like the Penguins, Leafs and Flyers of the league. We have no depth to replace Diaz and Emelin going into the playoffs. Our goalies are being hung out to dry. Price is tired of having to work his @$$ off every night to steal games and picking up the slack for an average team.

Also, as a fan of hockey first, I have to say that our play is full of embellishment, diving and cheapshotting. This is why our team has been the laughing stock of the NHL for the past few years in this regard. Seems like we have 8 powerplays every game. Every time I watch the highlight reel of us scoring, we're on the PP. This isn't soccer where the opposing player sneezes on you and then you flop around like a trout. It's pathetic when I'm watching the game and see the Habs embellishing and diving. I like when we're on the PP but that kind of play is a disgrace to our organization and to the game and to the fans. Habs need to man up and stop making every team/fanbase in the league hate us.

And I give credit where credit is due...lots of Leaf fans chirping about beating us. They are the better team right now, and it shows. It's like men amongst boys when we play them. I can't help but feel pride about their team and like their players. I wish our guys had such pride and accountability in their game. We can't even beat a Penguins team without Crosby, Malkin, Neal, etc. The reason we are making the playoffs this year is, in all honesty, due to good goaltending and a ridiculous amount of PP's. That's how our D got so many goals. We should be modelling our team after the Bruins/Leafs which have some high end skill and also play physical with heart.

Sadly, I say we are eliminated in the first round, esp if we play the Leafs. They have our number historically and have exposed our team this year. I'm excited they're finally making the playoffs again but we're all going to have to hear about it now because their fans are everywhere and they are "Canada's Team". I never thought so before, but since Chris Hadfield said it...

Habs need to get bigger, tougher, and acquire more Canadian guys.

I don't know if the solution is just to acquire "Canadian guys" per say. However, I think you are right in that some difference character and grit would go a long way.

I also completely agree as a player myself that we're a bit embarrassing at times and I would be much more proud if our team was similar to the Leafs our now. It also simply means Toronto is a better team at the moment but hopefully that will change in the near future.

Don't think we would even make the playoffs in a real season to be honest.

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
Sadly, I say we are eliminated in the first round, esp if we play the Leafs. They have our number historically and have exposed our team this year. I'm excited they're finally making the playoffs again but we're all going to have to hear about it now because their fans are everywhere and they are "Canada's Team". I never thought so before, but since Chris Hadfield said it...

Habs need to get bigger, tougher, and acquire more Canadian guys.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course. I agree the team needs more grit and they are pretty far from being a contender. With all due respect, most Habs fans don't care about "Canada's Team" and their legendary futility. You seem to be in the minority. For quite some time, the real rivalry is with Boston.

Guy Germaine

Jul 25, 2005
Montreal
Fed up with what? We've had one very bad week in a whole season. Why the **** would he be fed up? Jesus, your thread is a steaming pile of **** made to troll us. Gtfo pls.

Obvious Leaf fan who made another account posing as a Hab fan in order to put the team down without being labeled a troll.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
There's already threads about adding toughness and trade proposals, feel free to use them. If the only thing you have to add is a Don Cherry imitation there's no need for a separate topic here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad