Post-Game Talk: The Rangers Win the League!!

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
IMG_1788.jpeg

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Ive never seen any. Mets, Rangers, Jets, Knicks. I was 1 year old in 94 when they won the Cup. Ill get greedy once I live through a championship.
Geezus I'm old. I was drunk as a bishop at that Championship parade in '94 at 32 years old...

• Haha
Reactions: Boris Zubov

alkurtz

Nov 26, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I've been thinking about how, for many, as outstanding as the season has been (and as a Ranger fan for 60+ years this has most certainly been among the best I can remember), it just doesn't feel that great. I remember one post, here or on another board, where someone said, "We have the best record in the league...too bad we stink." These reactions are certainly the result of social media....by nature a negative platform. I think that if the boards were active in say 1972 (that team went to the SC finals) there would have been much criticism. I can imagine the negative reactions even to 1994 when we went through a few rough patches. Negative reactions, as justified as many are, tend to cloud out and obscure all the positives. I'm kind of upset myself for not feeling better about this team than I should. This has been an outstanding season. You don't win the President's Trophy, have as great a record as we do, by accident. We should always remember how great this team has been and how much joy they have brought us, over and over during the year. Yes, some players deserve the criticism they have received. Yes, at times this team has driven us to distraction. But overall? We should appreciate all the pleasure this team has brought us this year. I don't know what the playoffs will bring. There are so many really good teams this year capable of winning the Cup. When people ask me about the Rangers and whether they will win the Cup, I say, that certainly they can win the Cup...but do I expect them to? No. So much as to go right...and hopefully it will. But no matter what happens, this team will always hold a special place in my heart...among the best Ranger teams I have had the pleasure of rooting for in those 60+ years. As someone who saw the Rangers play during the Original Six in the old Garden, I am trying to keep negative feelings down, and just enjoy and appreciate what we have seen since last October.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Yes just shy of 25%...remember last time they won the PC? They lost in the SC finals to the Kings. Not saying they're going to lose but the odds are not in their favor. Of course, We Want the Cup!
A 25% chance of winning the Cup is better than the less than 25% chance assigned to every other position in the standings. There are 16 teams, if every one of them had an equal shot that is a 6.25% chance of winning. 25% is actually pretty massive in comparison.

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
Question for you advanced stat-ers (@Machinehead ):

Can you find out what the expected goals for the Senators was? Then compare it to Laf individually?

Despite all the gushing at times over how well the Sens were playing (especially by the broadcast), I'm convinced I saw more great offensive chances from Laf alone than the entire Sens highlight reel...

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Pretty impressive when you look back and say we did this while having the 19th best point percentage over a 2 month range (Dec 1st- Jan 31st). 28 games. More than 1/3 of our season.

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
I had a dream last night that I was banned from HFNYR for TWO MONTHS! I have never woken up so disturbed!

Cheers on another fun season with you fellas!
My partner knows I spend entirely too much time on HFboards. Occasionally, when I leave my browser up, she shitposts (generally benign) silly nonsense on my behalf.

Earlier this season, after we beat the Bruins for the last time, I woke up to my only-ever HF demerit. For trolling. I was so confused.

Until I read the offending message. That night, I was reading the Bruins board indulging in some schadenfreude, and evidently left my browser to THEIR board open. She basically posted "nyah nyah nyah, the Bruins are stinky." So I'm banned from that board.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Pick your poison

I think of the teams left i'd say this is the order i'd prefer, but this list could really be in any order.

Detroit - (3-0)
Pittsburgh - (2-1)
Washington - (2-2)

I think they would (and should) beat any of them.

Why each team scares me:

Detroit: They have a good amount of skill/talent and some game breakers that could put it together at the right time
Pitt: The whole Crosby factor bullshit, plus they have a very good coaching staff
Washington: The whole Wilson factor bullshit. Also Lindgren is red hot

You should tell Pens fans that they have a very good coaching staff.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
My partner knows I spend entirely too much time on HFboards. Occasionally, when I leave my browser up, she shitposts (generally benign) silly nonsense on my behalf.

Earlier this season, after we beat the Bruins for the last time, I woke up to my only-ever HF demerit. For trolling. I was so confused.

Until I read the offending message. That night, I was reading the Bruins board indulging in some schadenfreude, and evidently left my browser to THEIR board open. She basically posted "nyah nyah nyah, the Bruins are stinky." So I'm banned from that board.

But Bruins ARE stinky. Have they never been around a live bear before? Protest that ban!

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Question for you advanced stat-ers (@Machinehead ):

Can you find out what the expected goals for the Senators was? Then compare it to Laf individually?

Despite all the gushing at times over how well the Sens were playing (especially by the broadcast), I'm convinced I saw more great offensive chances from Laf alone than the entire Sens highlight reel...
He didn't have more expected goals than the Sens combined. However, in all situations, he did lead them in more expected goals, as did most of our team.
Screen Shot 2024-04-16 at 11.07.27 AM.png

OriginalLimbo

May 27, 2019
Same. When I was in my 20s, I could just instantly drop weight and be fine.

Now at 35, almost 36, every f***ing pound is a battle.
40s were the worst for me. TBH - 50s have been better/easier. So, if you guys learn this now, and I know it sucks…you should be in cruise mode for more years later.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Crazy how many opponents we could still see at this point, only team of the 4 I would hate to play is Pitt, just because of Crosby, guy is a machine even at 36. Caps have that annoying factor plus Wilson is going to run around like an idiot. Detroit would be preferred just to avoid those two elements.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Crazy how many opponents we could still see at this point, only team of the 4 I would hate to play is Pitt, just because of Crosby, guy is a machine even at 36. Caps have that annoying factor plus Wilson is going to run around like an idiot. Detroit would be preferred just to avoid those two elements.

A lot of those capitals guys are being held together by duct tape and glue. Carlson, Oshie, Wilson battling injuries all year. Lindgren is going to get boarded a bunch of times but none of them want to tangle with Rempe, especially Wilson at this stage of his career.

Reactions: bhamill

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Yeah, looking forward to watching multiple games tonight. I agree in that I think Pitt is the least favorable match-up with how they have played last month or so. But, not rooting for any particular team to get it. Sunday night, my hunch said it would be Detroit and I stand by that. Think they will whip the Habs tonight. Think Philly will beat Washington. No, not betting on either as I am a mush for the most part with sports betting.

Reactions: DanielBrassard

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
A lot of those capitals guys are being held together by duct tape and glue. Carlson, Oshie, Wilson battling injuries all year. Lindgren is going to get boarded a bunch of times but none of them want to tangle with Rempe, especially Wilson at this stage of his career.
I get that and I wouldn’t be scared of the caps but I still don’t want to deal with all the nonsense Wilson would create.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad