Post-Game Talk: The Rangers Win the League!!

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
In my experience it's a whole lot of life changes that mess up your diet and weight...you're more busy in your 30's and 40's, less time for leisure and exercise, things pile up...I also tend to think I eat worse if I don't pay attention to it but some of that might be from many many years of consistent and intense exercise. I'm programmed to eat a lot, which is bad if I'm not also exercising. But, I do a shitload of exercise so it works out.

it's the tiredness and extra pain and slowness to recover that sucks as you hit your 40's
I've been able to maintain myself pretty well. I'm 62 (in two weeks) and in similar shape to my 20's. I'm not generally tired and don't have aches and pains like a lot seem to get, but DAMN do I ever recover much slower than I did as a kid. I quit MMA/BJJ at 51 because of how long it was taking to heal up from stuff. Like 5 weeks for a shoulder thing that would have been a week at worst when I was 30. OH, and my hangovers are f***in NUCLEAR now. I used to be able to get blackout, wake up in the morning/afternoon and wash down 3 ibuprofen with a can of classic coke and be fine by the time I finished my first cup of coffee. Now? Whole day would be SHOT. hahahaha. I guess its a good thing, I've reigned in my excesses in that department tremendously. Edibles and mushrooms don't get you hung over. hahaha.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
I mean we had 114 points. That's on the lower end of the Presidents' Trophy (but more than we had last time we won it). So if instead of 1st in the league in a normal year say we're third. That's still a pretty good team.
In a "normal," less parity, year we may have won a handful more games though... the only way to gauge it is in the year you do it. Plus the three worst teams BY FAR were all in the west so we didn't get to play them much like Dallas and COL did.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I've been able to maintain myself pretty well. I'm 62 (in two weeks) and in similar shape to my 20's. I'm not generally tired and don't have aches and pains like a lot seem to get, but DAMN do I ever recover much slower than I did as a kid. I quit MMA/BJJ at 51 because of how long it was taking to heal up from stuff. Like 5 weeks for a shoulder thing that would have been a week at worst when I was 30. OH, and my hangovers are f***in NUCLEAR now. I used to be able to get blackout, wake up in the morning/afternoon and wash down 3 ibuprofen with a can of classic coke and be fine by the time I finished my first cup of coffee. Now? Whole day would be SHOT. hahahaha. I guess its a good thing, I've reigned in my excesses in that department tremendously. Edibles and mushrooms don't get you hung over. hahaha.
yeah true a lot of my tiredness is due to having a kid, hah. the recovery thing is real and huge though

can't drink as much, either get too tired or too hungover.

Reactions: bhamill

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Not back to 1980 which was as far as I looked.

Year we made the finals a decade ago (Jesus time flies) we didn't have a single 60 point scorer.

You give us that team's depth and we are odds on favorites. You give that team our PP and top players, they win the cup IMO.

Well technically we did, he just put up most of them with another team (St. Louis.)

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Year we made the finals a decade ago (Jesus time flies) we didn't have a single 60 point scorer.

You give us that team's depth and we are odds on favorites. You give that team our PP and top players, they win the cup IMO.
Or saying it differently - if Shesterkin can channel his inner Lundqvist - the Rangers win the Cup.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Or saying it differently - if Shesterkin can channel his inner Lundqvist - the Rangers win the Cup.

Fun fact!

Igor has been to this point in his career, better in the playoffs than Hank was.

Hank had some great runs, but nothing even close to what Igor gave the Rangers 2 years ago.

f*** I don't think Hank himself did what Igor did last year in a losing effort.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

Okay but 60 points in 2014 is equivalent to like 85 today . Can’t go by raw numbers. That was the DPE2.0 and now we’re in 92-93 territory.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
it's the tiredness and extra pain and slowness to recover that sucks as you hit your 40's
I was in a pretty similar boat as you (tiredness and aches) but also steadily gaining weight over the last few years to the tune of about 20 lbs in 3 years. Finally this January I decided to do something about it as my 50th birthday was looming. I quit sugar and starch and in just under 3 month I lost 13 lbs, have more energy and my persistent body aches are much less of an issue.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I was in a pretty similar boat as you (tiredness and aches) but also steadily gaining weight over the last few years to the tune of about 20 lbs in 3 years. Finally this January I decided to do something about it as my 50th birthday was looming. I quit sugar and starch and in just under 3 month I lost 13 lbs, have more energy and my persistent body aches are much less of an issue.

Inflammation is a mother f***er.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
A team can't do better than the President's Trophy in the regular season. If we win the cup, I'm not going to bemoan how we looked doing it. In the end, advanced stats mean absolutely nothing. Only the actual results matter.
It's interesting that you mentioned advance stats. One of the thing I took from how the team performed this season - specifically at ES - is that I don't expect a short series out of them. I have expectations of them being able to beat any opponent but even those that the Rangers match up well - I'm expecting no less that 6 games. And just to state the obvious it has nothing with "playing down to opponent", or "not being ready coming out of the gate", or "turtling with the lead" etc

Reactions: GAGLine

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Hurricanes are Squidward and his fancy purebred snail he ordered and NYR are Patrick and his rock somehow winning.
E407A2D5-9DB1-4420-BD36-840371E867DF.jpeg

Of course the rock is #8 LMAO

• Haha
Reactions: UnSandvich

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I mean in my case it's mostly doing a sitting job and also a ton of bike riding that I get up at 5am to do

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Inflammation is a mother f***er.
Yup, that was the main issue for me, not the weight gain or tiredness.
My lower back would spasm or lock up on me (if I just sneezed for example) to the point where I was in excruciating pain for days and more or less unable to do anything physically for close to a week.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Fun fact!

Igor has been to this point in his career, better in the playoffs than Hank was.

Hank had some great runs, but nothing even close to what Igor gave the Rangers 2 years ago.

f*** I don't think Hank himself did what Igor did last year in a losing effort.

Huh? I think you need to re-evaluate this.

57 here - gave up on hockey probably 5 years ago because of injuries and recovery time. Yeah, the biggest thing that sucks is the after effect of playing sports. It takes a LONG time to get back to square one. I'm playing a tennis tournament this weekend where I'll probably have 5 matches from Thursday - Sunday and I know I'm going to suffer throughout it lol.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Huh? I think you need to re-evaluate this.

I don’t.

Igor won 2 series while under siege. There was more to it than that for sure, but generally when the rangers got their teeth kicked in with Hank in net, they weren’t winning the series (even if he was good.)

Let alone 2.

I think Igor’s 8.8 gsaa in 7 games would have been hanks 3rd best mark overall behind his 2014 and 2015 runs.

Igor’s 2022 run blows away anything Hank did. I don’t think the gravity of how good he was during that run is really understood.

Reactions: 80shockeywasbuns

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
I have full trust in coach and our 2 goalies. I didn't earlier this year.

I want the Red Wings to eliminate Kane out if the playoffs for sucking last playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad