Rumor: The put your money where your mouth is and guess who Sakic will trade for poll/competition.

Who will we trade for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Tampa will probably be one of the teams interested in Lehkonen given that they'll want to replace Coleman, and they have a distinct advantage given that they have a 1st in this years draft (though they don't have a 2nd in 2022 or 2023). If it came down to it I think Brisbois would part with that 2022 1st to secure Lehkonen, which would top an offer of a 2023 2nd+ from Colorado unless Sakic offers a prospect who Montreal really like.

Knowing Brisbois he'd probably also get retention from Montreal on Lehkonen to bring his caphit down to $1.15m, and double-retention from another team to bring it down further to under $600k.
Given Tampa doesn't have a 2nd this next draft you are probably right that they will be willing to use their 1st on Lehkonen. I was just saying that the usual going rate is a 2nd. Let's not forget that it will be a buyers' market this TDL.

Reactions: Richard88

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
@S E P H, As head of the Faksa fan club, how do you respond to this?

I haven't watched too much Dallas the past two years so I can't really comment, but as I mentioned before with Lehkonen, picture how he will play in the Avs system. Remember that NAK was let go on waivers because Flyers themselves didn't really see the value he brought to their organisation. Avs saw someone who could increase the depth and skill of the bottom two lines, even if he might take his stupid penalty every other game. I'm not sure he would be better than Beauvillier, who would probably be my main target after Giroux. Claude is definitely one player I think Avs should go for and could be a "Hossa" type of difference maker compared to the lot who wanted Hall in the same category.

Reactions: Richard88

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Tampa will probably be one of the teams interested in Lehkonen given that they'll want to replace Coleman, and they have a distinct advantage given that they have a 1st in this years draft (though they don't have a 2nd in 2022 or 2023). If it came down to it I think Brisbois would part with that 2022 1st to secure Lehkonen, which would top an offer of a 2023 2nd+ from Colorado unless Sakic offers a prospect who Montreal really like.

Knowing Brisbois he'd probably also get retention from Montreal on Lehkonen to bring his caphit down to $1.15m, and double-retention from another team to bring it down further to under $600k.
If you're the Habs would you rather have him in the East and help Tampa win a 3rd cup, or in the West were you'd only see him twice a year?

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
If you're the Habs would you rather have him in the East and help Tampa win a 3rd cup, or in the West were you'd only see him twice a year?
I don't think they really care where he ends up, they'll just want the best return. Their fans would probably also be happy for him if he won a cup even on an eastern team, unless perhaps if it's a team they don't like, like Toronto or Boston.

Reactions: Alienblood

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Ilya Sorokin for Kuemper , Byron and a mid value pick with an off season trade back agreement of Kuemper and Byron for Sorokin Isles keep the pick . All these multi player deals for Grandpa's aren't worth doing the Avs are the best team in the league on any given night a big game goalie like Sorokin is what they need when every night becomes a big game night . Lou won't let him go permanently but a rental deal could be done if the Isles miss and it looks likely they will .

Last edited:

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Ilya Sorokin for Kuemper , Byron and a mid value pick with an off season trade back agreement of Kuemper and Byron for Sorokin Isles keep the pick . All these multi player deals for Grandpa's aren't worth doing the Avs are the best team in the league on any given night a big game goalie like Sorokin is what they need when every night becomes a big game night . Lou won't let him go permanently but a rental deal could be done if the Isles miss and it looks likely they will .
Not trading Byram.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Not trading Byram.
thinking your not grasping the nuance of what I proposed , The Isles aren't looking to trade Sorokin either but a rental deal is possible , Byram is only in it to balance the cap all the players are going back to their respective teams come July its a way of paying a pick to rent Sorokin for the playoffs . Anybody that thinks trading for Giroux or another player of his ilk makes this a better team has a learning disability ,the fact is this is a great team as evidenced by the fact that multiple star players have gone down this season and the team has only upped their win percentage every time . The biggest hiccups have been the goaltending which is a rollercoaster between brilliance and utter trash , Sorokin is the best goalie not on a current playoff team .

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
thinking your not grasping the nuance of what I proposed , The Isles aren't looking to trade Sorokin either but a rental deal is possible , Byram is only in it to balance the cap all the players are going back to their respective teams come July its a way of paying a pick to rent Sorokin for the playoffs . Anybody that thinks trading for Giroux or another player of his ilk makes this a better team has a learning disability ,the fact is this is a great team as evidenced by the fact that multiple star players have gone down this season and the team has only upped their win percentage every time . The biggest hiccups have been the goaltending which is a rollercoaster between brilliance and utter trash , Sorokin is the best goalie not on a current playoff team .
I don't think you grasp the nuance of the reality of the situation, which is that Byram is not being traded right now no matter what. Byram is having post concussion symptoms and will likely be on personal leave for the rest of the season. The Avs want to give him time and space to heal so he can return and play for us for another decade and a half.

As far as I'm concerned, canucks fans with zero knowledge on the team situation shouldn't be sauntering in here, acting like you know better than us about our own team, and telling people they have a learning disability just because you disagree with the idea of adding Giroux. That's just f***ing stupid, to be honest with you.

In fact, you didn't even bother to spell Byram properly until your second post, which hints to me that you really don't give a shit about any of Byram's ongoing health concerns, something of a pain point around here let me tell you. I'm just going to, politely as possible, tell you to f*** off back to the canucks board. Good day.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I was going to post a funny picture saying no before I noticed this bit. Beat it.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Who about what, a guy who doesn't know how to punctuate sentances calling others out for learning disabilities.

Reactions: The Moops

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
So who can we put on LTIR (until the playoffs) to pick up Giroux?
I was expecting EJ would be there already but has been surprisingly healthy so far this year.
b78.gif

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Can you move your troll post to the main boards where it belongs please?

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
This thread should be quite interesting to look back through now that the deadline has passed and Sakic has loaded up with these trades:
  • 2023 2nd + Helleson for Manson
  • Jost for Sturm
  • 2024 2nd + Barron for Lehkonen
  • 2024 5th for Cogliano
These trades added:
  • A top 4 shutdown RHD
  • A big defensive bottom 6 C
  • An elite defensive 3rd line winger
  • A 4th line/depth PK'er
In total he gave up:
  • Jost
  • Barron
  • Helleson
  • 2 2nd's
  • 5th

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
This thread should be quite interesting to look back through now that the deadline has passed and Sakic has loaded up with these trades:
  • 2023 2nd + Helleson for Manson
  • Jost for Sturm
  • 2024 2nd + Barron for Lehkonen
  • 2024 5th for Cogliano
These trades added:
  • A top 4 shutdown RHD
  • A big defensive bottom 6 C
  • An elite defensive 3rd line winger
  • A 4th line/depth PK'er
In total he gave up:
  • Jost
  • Barron
  • Helleson
  • 2 2nd's
  • 5th
Yes some people should be eating crow on how Sakic is always sleeping. He made our team a lot better defensively without affecting the offense whatsoever. And then you get Byram back for the cherry on top. We are in a very good place for the playoffs but the Flames and a bunch of teams in the East will still be a tall order to win it all. You can also add a healthy Vegas to that list although they don't scare me as much as for other posters here.

Well done Sakic.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Yes some people should be eating crow on how Sakic is always sleeping. He made our team a lot better defensively without affecting the offense whatsoever. And then you get Byram back for the cherry on top. We are in a very good place for the playoffs but the Flames and a bunch of teams in the East will still be a tall order to win it all. You can also add a healthy Vegas to that list although they don't scare me as much as for other posters here.

Well done Sakic.

So true on all counts. 31 other GMs are trying to improve their situations too, one can't just make it all happen through black magic. The deals he didn't make we'll never know what the true costs would have been because you can't say how other teams would have viewed our assets or our picks. A second from a team that might finish middle of the pack next year has quite a bit more value if the other GM thinks we'll be in the final four teams. And who knows what other teams think of Barron, I'm guessing the Habs think much higher of him than most GMs.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka

Well done Sakic.
IMO Joe just has/had a different timeline in mind that some of the posters around here. At the least he’s a lot more patient in his approach. Seems to be working out so far.

Last edited:

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Eltuna was the only one with a confident Lehkonen guess.

A few others discussed Lehkonen. The funniest part was Jost + 3rd being enough to get him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad