Rumor: The put your money where your mouth is and guess who Sakic will trade for poll/competition.

Who will we trade for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Gun to my head the player I would most bet on is Lehkonen. Giroux would be my preferred candidate but he’s going to have a lot of suitors.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Definitely top 4 D. With Byram and Murray questionable if they can come back and stay healthy, gotta get someone like Klingberg or Chychrun

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Even if Byram comes back anytime this season, don't think you can rely on him to stay healthy with his concussion issues

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Even if Byram comes back anytime this season, don't think you can rely on him to stay healthy with his concussion issues

Even if that's true. They definitely don't need a Top 4 guy and certainly not one who is awful defensively like Klingberg. He should be the last player we look at.

We already have two #1D and a #2/3. EJ is a decent 5 that can play up if needed.

They need one more 5/6 sort to push Johnson down to the 6/7 spot essentially

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Even if that's true. They definitely don't need a Top 4 guy and certainly not one who is awful defensively like Klingberg. He should be the last player we look at.

We already have two #1D and a #2/3. EJ is a decent 5 that can play up if needed.

They need one more 5/6 sort to push Johnson down to the 6/7 spot essentially
They need someone who can play top 4 minutes that's all I know. If Byram and Murray continue to get hurt or stay hurt, Avs will already have to go with MacDermid full time on defense, and they are another injury away from starting to call up players from AHL, and you can't win like that in the playoffs. Also as far as EJ, he has good games where he looks like he can handle 2nd pair minutes, and there are games where he looks like he doesn't belong there. Not consistent enough that's why Avs need someone who can be more consistent on 2nd pair

Last edited:

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
I think Sakic knows it’s time to go all in. The Avs could very likely lose their whole 2nd line for next season.

I definitely think it will be a big splash trade, probably for a high profile forward.
What makes you think that? We were in the same spot last year and he went all in with Soda and Nemo. Could have gone all in 2 years ago too, but he didn't do squat. I'll be surprised if we spend more than a 3rd round pick or equivalent at the deadline this year.

Reactions: Btas and Azrael89

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Usually I never believe that we'll land the big names at the deadline but I do think that this year we have a legit chance at getting Giroux.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
They need someone who can play top 4 minutes that's all I know. If Byram and Murray continue to get hurt or stay hurt, Avs will alrea
dy have to go with MacDermid full time on defense, and they are another injury away from starting to call up players from AHL, and you can't win like that in the playoffs. Also as far as EJ, he has good games where he looks like he can handle 2nd pair minutes, and there are games where he looks like he doesn't belong there. Not consistent enough that's why Avs need someone who can be more consistent on 2nd pair

Again that's not really true. The way Bednar uses his Defense, all they need is a 5/6D that can kill penalties and play ~10-12 minutes of 5 on 5 a night.

A 5/6D will do the trick just fine.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
It’s going to be a goalie that shouldn’t remotely see playing time, but ends up as the starter. A depth defensemen that plays key PK and top-4 minutes with all of us screaming for them to play just about anyone else. Finally, a 13th forward that ends up getting way more time than Newhook for some reason.

Reactions: LurkerMcgee

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Again that's not really true. The way Bednar uses his Defense, all they need is a 5/6D that can kill penalties and play ~10-12 minutes of 5 on 5 a night.

A 5/6D will do the trick just fine.
Sakic did that last year by getting a 5/6 that kills penalties, getting Nemeth and it didn't work. In fact it backfired as Nemeth was horrible

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad