Confirmed with Link: The Purge: Bergevin, Timmins & Wilson out. Jeff Gorton in. (Part 2)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Crazy how people use Covid to try to erase the fact that Habs were in the finals. You bring that without the covid the Habs wouldn't have been in the Playoffs, because we were too low in the standing . But in fact it could be turned the other way; Habs, because of the Covid, were forced to play more games in a short time than any team. They were playing game every 2 days and that for weeks. Of course they finished lower in the ranking.

Telling us that Boucher should stick to coaching critiques, that he's lost, is a lot presumptuous. I don't know who you are , but Boucher isn't a Jean Perron or a Michel Bergeron.

Most teams had a crunched schedule. Habs did not face Tampa, Bruins and Panthers but the likes of the Canucks. Clearly, it was an artificial context created for exceptional circumstances and extrapolating as excessively from such a flawed contraption as Boucher is doing, is disingenuous.

It is my contention that if the Habs had played in their regular division last year, they would not have made the playoffs. Just look at their track record and how they made the playoffs via a bogus play-in the season before.

I think Boucher should stick to Xs and Os, which he’s brilliant at. His comment about how the Habs were a Stanley Cup finalist and as a result only need a reset, takes him into Norman Flynn territory. Just my opinion, I don’t care if you agree.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Great another guy that didn't want to come here as a player. All these former players who were not Habs, I have no interest.

It won't happen but in my dreams I would like to see Gorton-Roy-Madden
Who cares if they didn't played with the Habs ? We need the best person possible that can work together. I was to young to remember, but I think the last time they hired only EX-Habs it work that much

Reactions: Gjman2019

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Who cares if they didn't played with the Habs ? We need the best person possible that can work together. I was to young to remember, but I think the last time they hired only EX-Habs it work that much

But he's not good enough to make me forgive him for that. If he was an elite pick, I would say yes. Not to mention, I want someone with a presence and the guy is basically a Munchkin. I cannot see him negotiating with other GMs.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Most teams had a crunched schedule. Habs did not face Tampa, Bruins and Panthers but the likes of the Canucks. Clearly, it was an artificial context created for exceptional circumstances and extrapolating as excessively from such a flawed contraption as Boucher is doing, is disingenuous.

It is my contention that if the Habs had played in their regular division last year, they would not have made the playoffs. Just look at their track record and how they made the playoffs via a bogus play-in the season before.

I think Boucher should stick to Xs and Os, which he’s brilliant at. His comment about how the Habs were a Stanley Cup finalist and as a result only need a reset, takes him into Norman Flynn territory. Just my opinion, I don’t care if you agree.
It's only your opinion, that i agree. And your opinion is that Boucher shouldn't give his opinion on that . Nice.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's only your opinion, that i agree. And your opinion is that Boucher shouldn't give his opinion on that . Nice.

And it’s only your opinion that Boucher should.

Disagreements make the world go round.

Reactions: Andrei79

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

I'm a fan of Boucher the coach... boucher the analyst? Well, in an odd way, I think he's applying the same base approach insofar as being hyper pragmatic. His analysis reeks of pandering to the audience, which ultimately is a great way to drive ratings

Reactions: Runner77

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
How about Serge Savard. You can bleed red, white and blue yet have the wisdom to to do what must be done. Savard cared about the players but was not buddy-buddy with them.

Caring about the club makes you work extra hard to turn them into a winning team.
I honestly can't speak on the work Savard did as GM as I was too young.

I also didn't say that the GM shouldn't care about the club. That's actually EXACTLY what I said. What I did say is that they shouldn't care about the players like they are their personal friend, which is what MB was. And that leads to unnecessary emotional attachment to guys that don't necessarily deserve massive contracts or contracts at all.

Macro, not micro.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
And it’s only your opinion that Boucher should.

Disagreements make the world go round.
I didn't say that he should give his opinion (by the way, it's the other guy that asked him to do it, so why you think that he shouldn't give it ?). My point was more about the respect i have for him because his well articulated mind , his structured opinions that aren't not biased by his emotions .

When Boucher talked about the POs , he was talking about the Habs playoffs performances, not about how or why they were there, or if they deserved it or not, as you do all the time.
How worst teams sometime beats greatest teams, shows that there isn't a "that large" gap between them. So Habs aren't there but not as far as some fans see them.

But yeah, they didn't deserve to be in the playoffs

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

I disagree with that part. It takes him into full blown jabroni territory.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I don't think I've ever seen a team get prospects with two prospects getting life-altering diseases within a 4 year period. The 2012/2013 draft were cursed with Bozon/Reway struck by disease and Thrower/Crisp concussed to oblivion. Add to that Galchenyuk's leg injuries (at least two knees I believe) and Nygren quitting due to Hamilton and they ended being terrible draft years.

Of course, there have been worse instance like NYR Cherepanov dying at 19 years old from an heart failure.

Well Galchenyuk they drafted him knowing his injury during his draft year. I'm thinking even more recently, Juulsen and his eye injury (freak accodent of course), Ikonen and multiple injuries that led him to not play, and I believe Poehling had one last year too? Evans and concussions. Maybe I'm forgetting some more too

Reactions: Habs Halifax

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
I didn't say that he should give his opinion (by the way, it's the other guy that asked him to do it, so why you think that he shouldn't give it ?). My point was more about the respect i have for him because his well articulated mind , his structured opinions that aren't not biased by his emotions .

When Boucher talked about the POs , he was talking about the Habs playoffs performances, not about how or why they were there, or if they deserved it or not, as you do all the time.
How worst teams sometime beats greatest teams, shows that there isn't a "that large" gap between them. So Habs aren't there but not as far as some fans see them.

But yeah, they didn't deserve to be in the playoffs
The habs of right now are not the same team as they were when they reached the SCF, they lost important players, the direction can't base futur choice on what happened summer 2021.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs Halifax

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Well Galchenyuk they drafted him knowing his injury during his draft year. I'm thinking even more recently, Juulsen and his eye injury (freak accodent of course), Ikonen and multiple injuries that led him to not play, and I believe Poehling had one last year too? Evans and concussions. Maybe I'm forgetting some more too

That's nowhere near 12/13, but yeah.

Reactions: abo9

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Basu doesn’t seem so sure about when Lapointe’s title was added. He’s a sitting duck, I hope.

“for the meantime” = until Gordon’s appointment takes over

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Who's going to speak French for him? He's screwed on day 1! :laugh:

It's going to be an episode of Molson left him home alone. Just in time for the holidays

giphy.gif

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Guaranteed at least one member of the Franco media will ask him a language question.

Over under on that should be set to about 5 questions on language or no language. Someone is going to ask him if he will take French speaking lessons I am sure. I feel bad for Gorton and what they are going to throw at him.

Reactions: dinodebino

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad